Syndicate lag

same here. Makes me really angry meanwhile. I play smoothly on 60fps all around. But I even realize that there will be Syndicates when I join a map. Instant frame drop and as soon as the Syndicate portal opens, I have a 20secs lag and dead as soon as I'm back in game.

Tbh... I don't need Syndicates at all this league. They just don't fit in, imho. But that's a different topic.
Try to delete a file called "minimap" in My Documents/My Games/Path of Exile Worked for me No lags in intervention
Try to delete a file called "minimap" in My Documents/My Games/Path of Exile Worked for me No lags in intervention
These issues have been there since 3.0. GGG kept ignoring these issues because of people kept saying "get better PC" or "get SSD". While your PC can run all the AAA games in super ultra settings smoothly, POE is this special snowflake that needs SSD.

We got stuck into a narrative that it is not the game's fault, it is the fault of the user's PC or internet connection. Making it a lesser priority for GGG to fix - but don't quote me on that last line, it is just what I believe because of the longevity of these issues.

Time to time, these performance issues have been reported but it got ignored to oblivion.

After 3.0, I did get a better PC with SSD, because I crashed at Oriath 2 to 3 times before finally getting in. I crashed randomly in maps. I crashed partying with other people. But hey, it's our fault, we need to get a better PC to play this game.

Getting a new PC fixed all the lag issues for couple leagues up-to Betrayal league. All smooth, although it takes up so much resources quite evidently. I need to close other apps specially any work-related softwares, while I can run multiple AAA games at the same time without any issues. Yes, POE is this special I guess.

Now this league is different. The lag issues and random crashes are back, specially during syndicate intervention. People with top-of-line PC suffer from similar issues. Other people don't.

Why is that? Well these performance issues never got to leave the game to begin with. Better PC just handles the burden better. But these issues kept piling up. New league keeps coming, optimization gets worst.

You may not get these lag issues this league. But sooner or later, it will get to you. Maybe next league, maybe next patch.

I went to meet up with my friends during Betrayal league to introduce them to this "wonderful" game. We were planning to have LAN party at a known internet shop. The queue was bad, but we waited and that was fine. Partying together, we all kept crashing every time. We ended up never playing that day, we played DOTA instead. They don't have interest on POE after that day. I can't explain to them why this game crashed, I have no answers. I don't have the audacity to tell them that the internet shop needs a "better PC". I ended up playing the league alone at home. It was a smooth league for me, I just hoped this league will be as smooth.
Last edited by jmsmadrigal on Mar 16, 2019, 8:19:34 PM
BUMP!

Hillariouse they dont get rid of that poorly designed
"feature" of the game annoying their audience!

If an actor would annoy the audience the theater would remove him
ASAP!

Thats common sense sadly GGG does not follow such a common sense!
Well, the PS4 community was appearently more annoying and louder.

Priorities.
I learned this issue the hard way. I didnt Play the game since the breach league. When i realized there is a fresh league i decided to give it a try and obviously starter HC run. So here i am complaining about my characted very dead thanks to this bullshit Syndicate lag. Thanks God i didnt spend the rest of my money for stash tabs.
Last edited by iskiera2 on Mar 18, 2019, 4:41:49 AM
bump

same issue here
Having the same issue. Latency in the 30s until Syndicate encounter in a map then it spikes to over 1,000 and usually results in death. Had no problems like this in 3.5.
Syndicate spawns --> Freeze --> Dead. Everytime.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info