[3.6] Binks' Vaal Double Strike Ichimonji Champion - Extremely Budget Friendly

"
watthana10 wrote:
Hey man cool build so far, just came back to PoE and wanted to try a Melee build this time and found your build so Ty!

Also I've noticed in the Skill Tree, you took "Butchery" and "Two Handed Melee Damage" nods instead of "Strong Arm" and "One Handed Melee Damage"? Is there a reason for this? since Two handed damage doesn't apply to us but One Handed does (since we'll be dual wielding doesn't that just count as a One Handed still?)

Cheers

Hey,

He takes the Strong arm point in the Path of Building link that he posted
Ah okay I just doubled checked in the Build, and you're correct my bad.

just that before I was too lazy to open Path of building and had a PoE Planner Linked by someone else in this post and they've taken the wrong nods.

Welp since someone had the wrong Nods here the correct one,
Double checked it ;)

https://poeplanner.com/ABAAAPcAEDQAAHi5HRXsivDpRsqQhNlHfr02ZU2-p2BBY3AR1VeXQzHawS5T02907QUteu9M_04qW68NjRX2YnkABod2Sn1noOOf_MXuDqOKsbMbrQxzlWYj9k2SjX0wfNRSy_UxsNy95w90oAaiF9wGIFFH51Qk_f_eN9TtPwHcd-OpbnlowQRfPxQg7w5QR-RRl3mFUtlhrY3Pfnas6hj46xRxG6oQ8PJagTrBB9d-YxfZfIIH8kH3MpJ9PT7lz5hv3CPAGngNbzu18jWS2L3-CvJFOuH-j7cXgOHiXjiWm2qLTygqTeOmV-xchJSqzWvUG0aLpvAm3ocAAAAAAA==
What's the good gem level of the "CWDT + IC + Vulnerability + Increase Duration" on this build?

What about the Pantheons as well? Thx in advance.
Last edited by _HellTemplar on Mar 27, 2019, 6:48:59 AM
Hey, can I use those recommended items after finishing all the acts?
So, how many skills are we putting to use? The reason I ask is because console allows us 8 skills. But if I'm not wrong, we are using 9 skills here? Whirling Blades, Double Strike, War Banner, Herald of Ash, Herald of Ice, Blood Rage, Ancestral Protector, Hatred, and Ice Golem.

How are you guys managing this?
"
Binks1 wrote:
"
Amitos wrote:
Great guide, for me whats only missing is that what your gear should look like, but its ok. For me 9/10.

Thanks, I'm going to add more details to the guide soon!

Usually the rest of your gear will just have basic defensive stats like elemental resistances and life. You also are going to need to get a good bit of intelligence somewhere. A lapis amulet will help here a lot. Feel free to message me if you have any questions as I continue to work on the guide!

hi im on ps4 any way u could send me a link to ur skill tree cant use what is on the guide
"
Betukky wrote:
So, how many skills are we putting to use? The reason I ask is because console allows us 8 skills. But if I'm not wrong, we are using 9 skills here? Whirling Blades, Double Strike, War Banner, Herald of Ash, Herald of Ice, Blood Rage, Ancestral Protector, Hatred, and Ice Golem.

How are you guys managing this?

My wild strike raider on xbox had this issue, the auras will stay on till death, even if not on your hot bar. You just need to manually activate one of them on deaths[which shouldn't be often enough to be annoying]

To the above poster: there is a poe mastery link on the 3rd page.

To the author and other contributors, I'm going the impale variant and really enjoying this, hats off gentlemen.
Hey everyone !

I am very new to PoE and my first character was a storm band witch... I didn't really get the game tho and didn't get into it....

This thread was like a revelation. I get it now. I played way more while leveling this guy than playing with the witch. I finished the story using this character in less than a week.

This build feels really well balanced/ made...Its like a perfect mixture of survivability and blowing shit up instantly !

Thanks to the responses too, because they also edged me towards this build and helped me understand the game better... I even went the Impale route with hatred and herald of ash; when i was first scrolling through the thread I had no idea what that mini discussion was about, and it feels great!

After u get ur swords at 58, u start completely blowing shit up . Multistrike helps too.

I am now level 76 doing Tier 2's ( havent found anything bigger) with no issue whatsoever(since putting multistrike in my 4L) with uncapped resistances. The damage / leech / flasks / health compliment eachother really well, to the point where u can challenge urself to learn mechanics by not using vaal double strike :P

I have a question (s) .

Does the game rely on having capped resistances ? The damage is very noticeable when its not / as opposed to when it is...and if it does rely on that, it looks like an impossible task to get 4 100% resistances using the 4 uniques I'd coonsider a necessity to the impale build ( head/waist/tombfist/precision neck) ....Do I need to remove a unique from my setup ? Which one wud u get rid of? (Edit: If I had a 6L, i would get rid of tombfist and add maim support to double strike)

Speaking of setup - ive wasted a bunch of resources figuring out the game but ive already realised that fusing a 6L is basically like finding Jessica Alba in ur bed after a night out on the piss... its a dream.

Any advice on this ? Should I aim to buy the links / and roll the socket color after the fact ? Save up and just buy a 6L? I haven't even found a proper 5L thats worth a fuck or is common... I don't think ill ever have 5/6L chest at this point lol

Also, Do u get to keep ur currency after every season? Is this one almost over shud i save up a little ?:P

PS. to the author - Thank you for getting me addicted to PoE :P ! I would like to point out that u don't mention the Sulphur Flask in the main page, and I actually found it to be a HUGELY important part of my flask setups , so id mention it at the very least !

Thanks again!

And for the PS4 folk. I just have herald of ash and hatred as an interchangable slot , as u activate them once and they are active till death.

Also, for the guy asking for an item to throw his riches into... id say the circle of anguish (ruby ring) if u run herald of ash, looks crazy crazy strong.
Last edited by ChongJr on May 10, 2019, 3:37:27 AM
Thanks for the great build. I am having lots of fun with this build.

Just finished chapter 5 and for offense I am using your instructed tree:
Vaal Double Strike, Melee Physical Damage, Multistrike, Ancestral Call, Melee Splash. Regarding Auras/Buffs, I am still using Herald of Ash and Herald of Ice and Blood Rage. Now I see that you drop Herald of Ice for Hatred later on. May I ask why? Shouldn't the AOE effect be more useful? Also Hatred locks more Mana.
Why would you want to use Ichimonji as weapon?
Even among cheap budget weapons you can get much higher dps stuff.

"
hangtime11111 wrote:
Thanks for the great build. I am having lots of fun with this build.

Just finished chapter 5 and for offense I am using your instructed tree:
Vaal Double Strike, Melee Physical Damage, Multistrike, Ancestral Call, Melee Splash. Regarding Auras/Buffs, I am still using Herald of Ash and Herald of Ice and Blood Rage. Now I see that you drop Herald of Ice for Hatred later on. May I ask why? Shouldn't the AOE effect be more useful? Also Hatred locks more Mana.

I can answer that: Hatred gives cold damage based on your physical damage, which is what you scale with this build, so the damage output is by far higher than any other aura, and worth the 50% mana reserved.
Check the tooltip damage for reference.
Last edited by cane_cane on May 22, 2019, 7:41:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info