Synthesis Week 1: What We're Working On

"
Betrayal Intervention encounters causing lag and client freezes for some players (especially those with non-solid-state drives).

For me, this happens mainly with Intervention and others "mobs creations" effects, like Soul Conduit, Fractured and Final Gasp. Hope this problem works out
"
not yet been confirmed for this week's patch:
Betrayal Intervention encounters causing lag

like,we have to wait MORE then a week for this ? wat ? do you understand,that by that time most players with this problem will drop this league if not poe entirely.
"
Nibelton wrote:
"
not yet been confirmed for this week's patch:
Betrayal Intervention encounters causing lag

like,we have to wait MORE then a week for this ? wat ? do you understand,that by that time most players with this problem will drop this league if not poe entirely.

I don't understand how this isn't one of their TOP priority issues. It's literally a 100% game-breaking issue for us that have it (I'd really hate to think that we're being marginalized just because we're in the minority in having this bug), and it's a WAY bigger issue than some "synthesis-specific" bugs that are, in the bigger picture of PoE, largely irrelevant to playing the bulk of the game. I'm in the awkward position of REALLY ENJOYING this league, but I can't play PoE properly at all since it boils down to a random percentage chance of a frame-freeze insta-kill whilst mapping (without warning) and it's tarnishing all of the other neat stuff they've implemented over the last few months. I'll still support PoE since it one of my favorite games, but this seems like a way bigger issue than GGG is making it out to be.
I hate that I only seem to post here when I'm being critical or angry about something... PoE really is one of my favorite games and I feel bad about being so negative about it. I hope some of this "intervention criticism" is useful or helpful in some way to the devs.

As a side note, this league has been the smoothest and least "disconnect-heavy" out of all the leagues I've played so far, so props there.
I offer my help for future beta tests, as I believe the guys you test with (streamers) don´t have the right hardware to find these bugs like with betrayel freezes.

I really hope there's more tuning coming for Betrayal, Veiled mods and Mastermind XP.

I know the point of POE is grinding, but there's going to be some burnout from Betrayal being Core every league in its current state of progression. It's fine for Standard.

Also, I really do still feel the Syndicate encounters are still overtuned, especially Intervention. With the pacing of the game, and the inability to actually see any of the telegraphed attacks, combined with the fact that for some reason, Syndicate hits for massive direct Chaos damage (not DOT damage as most other chaos sources vs players), this leads to a poor experience for a lot of players. I have several gamer buddies who are new to the game, and even they have noticed all these points just in their leveling experience. Being something that resonates both with experienced players and novice is an issue.

Delive is a great example of expansive content addition that ADDS to the game, while not directly requiring the players to participate in it. Betrayal requires too much temp league investment while offering players no option to skip since it integrates into the core crafting mechanic.
Last edited by aremboldt on Mar 13, 2019, 4:59:52 PM
"
KATAPLEXIA wrote:
I posted this in the Bug Reports forum - but just wanted to mention it here to make sure it gets seen. There is a bug with showing the Memory Map UI using your keybound shortcut. I skipped cavas on my main, didnt go into the nexus and then I was playing with a friend and we did the instance that changed Cavas into Zana. Now - I have tried to start doing the league mechanic on my main, but I can not view the Memory Map UI unless I click on a stabilizer in the nexus or speak to zana - the keybind does not work at all. It works fine on my alt, on which I did the earyl quests with cavas and was doing the league mechanic from the start. It is a very crippling bug, esp. on HC and I hope this gets fixed soon.

same bug here
So,i'v found a little work around for Syndicate lags.
1)get off of steam,this mandatory.
2)https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mk1yper87galj21/qQ92eFPTs9/Modified/ggpk_defragment.exe
3)defrag your HDD on which PoE is installed.
4)enable dynamic resolution set on 20 (some said 60 and V-Sync idk. since V-Sync doesnt work in any game for me for some reason i can't test it)

goin' standalone will help a lot,since it's 25% ggpk reduction
freeze went from 5+ sec to 1-2 sec but still lag like shit afterward,but hey at least i can respond,somehow...
Last edited by Nibelton on Mar 14, 2019, 12:12:48 AM
There is no difference to go from Steam to standalone, still freeze and insane lags. Idk why people think it will help something.
"
Panatopulos wrote:
There is no difference to go from Steam to standalone, still freeze and insane lags. Idk why people think it will help something.

ty for deciding whatever it helped for me or not,you apprantly know better than me who actually did this and saw an improvement,my bad.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info