Will there be a new atlas every league now?

This map issue is getting absurd, I hate posting on forums, but felt compelled to add my voice to this. Fix the standard problem or people will have nowhere to go when the crappy leagues bomb. I will now stop supporting financially until this is addressed.
As a standard player, I don't like it!
Regarding lack of GGG response, unfortunately, GGG rarely responds to anything in the forums besides moderation issues. The one response in this thread is a nice exemption.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
Regarding lack of GGG response, unfortunately, GGG rarely responds to anything in the forums besides moderation issues. The one response in this thread is a nice exemption.

This is true and to be completely fair to GGG, as I mentioned earlier in this thread, they've actually responded three times. Bex, in this thread and Twitter; also Chris on Baeclast. Unfortunately, that doesn't absolve them from the fact that they made this change with the full knowledge of how it would affect permanent league players.

They wont respond. Lets get real. They want you buying a new tab instead of fucking around cleaning out your old one for 2-4 hrs.

But they cant say that but we all know it true. Like no stacking fossils/resonators and other shit to make you buy tabs.

These programmers wont pay themselves you know.
Git R Dun!
"
As a standard player, I don't like it!

They only thing that keeps me playing is shaping my atlas since most maps are not fun with trash layouts and bad boss design. Reset that every three months and then what's the point?

Run your t:15, run that guardian, go back to a nearly full atlas and then spend more red sextants to uncomplete a few tiers just to get back to what I was doing originally. By the time that happens, and by the time I build up a pool of shaped maps--whoops, new atlas again!

This screams fun.
Hi all
I do not agree that we the players in standart have to buy map tabs everytime when Poe developers-GGG decide to change maps and atlas.I think this issue with the map tabs is completely unfair and abuse with the good will of the players.
They haven't changed the tab... they've changed the value of maps. Your old ones are now a liability rather than an asset. That's the change that should be addressed. You're all distracted by the tab when the real problem is in the structure of the atlas.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Spoiler
They haven't changed the tab... they've changed the value of maps. Your old ones are now a liability rather than an asset. That's the change that should be addressed. You're all distracted by the tab when the real problem is in the structure of the atlas.

Well, there actually are 2 aspects.

If you look at the Atlas like a map version of the skill tree, it's clear that TencentGGG needs to come with a solution akin to the "free reset" if they keep pushing for the shuffling of the Atlas each league. So every player gets to keep it's progress and experience content day 1 in a seamless manner. And this should be "very easy" to implement with "reasonable costs" (as they already "locked" the unique maps during the latest shuffle, they can do so for all existing completed maps).

The second part relates to their map tab fiasco. They need a better way to grant players the opportunity to store their new edition of maps to experience new content day 1. They can either make the map tab swap between different map editions (not likely), they can make various editions coexist (not likely, although possible in the new unique collection tab), offer a new map tab each shuffle and relegate the previous to remove only status and/or implement a "convert all" button in the map tab to provide a seamless conversion option at a 1:1 ratio for thousands of maps at a time...

It's up to them, but without addressing these 2 aspects in a satisfying manner, the Atlas shuffle will prove more detrimental than benefical to their Standard players and their "support"...
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
Last edited by sofocle10000 on Mar 26, 2019, 4:57:31 PM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Maps have always been "devalued" like this at the change of a map generation. How is that a new thing?

But I agree that the main problem is that old maps don't interact with the atlas like current ones do. All GGG must do is to allow us to migrate maps 1:1 easily, whole tabs at a time.
That would solve the issue most neatly.

May your maps be bountiful, exile

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info