Will there be a new atlas every league now?

better question; why do you need your atlas completed everytime every new league? you got every map a couple thousand times, so why complain? is it because you like how it looks completed? doesn't make much sense to me, if you already have anything anyway.
"
xb00niex wrote:
better question; why do you need your atlas completed everytime every new league? you got every map a couple thousand times, so why complain? is it because you like how it looks completed? doesn't make much sense to me, if you already have anything anyway.

you dont understand how atlas works now do you?

if you want to interact with ANYTHING On the atls
elder shaper daily masters sextants etc etc etc
you cannot do this unless you have current league maps

completion is not an issue doing a t16 map will complete ur whole atlas

i think you still have a lot to learn about this game sir
(سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"
atrofear wrote:
Patiently posting a random comment just to bump this up until fixed. Unacceptable to be forced to buy additional map tabs when I've already purchased one to store maps. I've already paid for the convenience, let me have the convenience.

Clear out the tab and you'll have it. Just give up on the misconception that the old maps are worth something.

CLEAR OUT: every 3 months? Was that part of the product description when I bought the premium map stash? NO. Would many people have bought it had it been part of the product description? NO.

OLD: Sorry, but who made them old for no reason? GGG did.

VALUE: They have value. They still can drop new series maps and items and currency and everything that generates value in this game. They can also complete the Atlas.

I couldn't agree less with what you are saying :-)
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
Last edited by Antigegner on Mar 20, 2019, 6:58:32 PM
Some argue that the value of maps "drops" with each generation. To be honest, I'm more annoyed of running out of space...let us bulk convert old to new pls. THANKS
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"
atrofear wrote:
Patiently posting a random comment just to bump this up until fixed. Unacceptable to be forced to buy additional map tabs when I've already purchased one to store maps. I've already paid for the convenience, let me have the convenience.

Clear out the tab and you'll have it. Just give up on the misconception that the old maps are worth something.

Are you serious? Haven't you grasped the issue yet? The issue isn't the fact that it is old maps or w/e. It's that I shouldn't have to put all those older maps in other tabs but the map tab itself, just because GGG refuses to make 1 single map tab able to store maps from all series.
I have started to write about this issue on STEAM (PoE Discussion Forum) and YOUTUBE (under some of the latest videos from GGG). I'll soon try to expand it onto other social media platforms. In 6.5 years I have never been this active, but for the first time I feel seriously cheated. I can live with all the decisions made by GGG so far, but this is unacceptable.
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
The other thing that changing the atlas does is punish players who can't put in enough hours to make it to the uber elder and shaper in 3 months. Without an atlas reset, I was going to play in standard and try to reach beyond T13 for the very first time. With all my "old" maps unable to affect the elder vs. shaper layout of the atlas, and having to "convert" them to the new league by running them (which people report is almost unsupportable now with decreased drop rates), I've been screwed.

And no, I'm not going to convert them 3:1 selling to a vendor, that just turns my 3 months of work on maps into one month.
"
Asmosis wrote:
"
johnKeys wrote:
"
demon9675 wrote:
Changing maps around is fine; not finding a creative solution to help Standard players (who often also play leagues too) isn’t.

+1

+1

I dont care myself since i no longer play standard (although with all the new content i might start again) but they seriously need to stop messing with people who do play on standard like this.

Shuffle the maps, change the paths, but leave the maps the same tier so you stop screwing over Standard players, especially on the unique maps. Clearing uber elder/atizi/<insert boss>? no problem. Hall of grandmasters? lolzerpwned.

If you really want Leagues to have maps at different levels, introduce something like sextants or elder influence that warps the level of maps.

i agree anyone who knows me knows i only play standard i just came back after about 6 month break and i don't care for that syndicate stuff and beast stuff at all and the atlas thing really sucks iv spend a lot of money on this game and put thousands of hours in GGG you need to listen to the players really and i bet standard is your biggest income as far as supporter packs us standard people buy a lot of stuff and put in a lot of time just please fix all this i know it takes time but at least let us know you read this and herd us.
The main problem is that Bex has already come and given us this unacceptable response so any other staff probably see the GGG icon and just ignore it for who knows how long. I've sent support a direct message and got a response but who knows, only time will tell.

For the person saying to give up. I refuse. I've given them plenty of my money in support of what they were doing and I've played more hours than it's worth but I feel absolutely cheated on the map tab because of having to get rid of maps that you've put currency into.

I was alright when it was maybe every year and a half (like I've mentioned before I was alright with the span from war for the atlas to the next one which I believe was around delve) but them doing this to us every 3 months just means running to get to the point where I can run the maps I want to again is pointless.

Even since the map drop rate boost I've been having trouble sustaining my red tiers running them usually quality rare corrupt (however many chisels+alch+vaal) and I have filled a quad stash tab with just my old series ones that I haven't converted and tossed let alone runing so many only old ones, barely have any shaper or elder influence and missing out on spreading it. Every 3 months isn't enough time when I have some kind of life and work 40hours a week overnight.
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198010865940

Hit me up on steam if you want
Last edited by TSA_Ryan on Mar 21, 2019, 2:14:20 AM
GGG adding content that encourages people to want more stash space is reasonable. This move is different and just a bad move on GGG's part.

If GGG has to increase their revenue, I think a better approach would be charge a subscription fee. Perhaps give a free amount of play time per month. Or charge for things upfront rather than punishing people for previously buying map tabs from them.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info