Path of Exile: Synthesis Launches Soon!

*SPOILER*

Im calling it, Cavas is gonna be either Shaper's father, or the father of zana's mother you can presumably see in the trailer
Camooon
Despite all those melee unpleasantness, thank you for the great job doing one of the best arpg of all time.

I could be mean when some of my lovely mechanics/uniques etc are killed, but overall i really appreciate things you are doing. Keep us excited for a long time and keep safe ggg exiles
"
Fracture333 wrote:
Im calling it, Cavas is gonna be either Shaper's father, or the father of zana's mother you can presumably see in the trailer

You wouldn't be the first to have that theory: I saw it posted dozens of times on Reddit the day the trailer released, so it's very likely to be correct.

But I have my own theory. Canvas suggests an artist. He's a very significant person from Wraeclast's history, and the only painting of significance we know about is the one currently inhabited by Siosa. Siosa was alive hundreds of years ago from at least before the Purity Rebellion was going on.

But who painted the picture? Not Siosa - he's a scholar, not an artist, and it's doubtful he would have been able to paint a self-portrait of himself. So the artist who painted the portrait that later magically entrapped Siosa's soul could have been Canvas.
Going to sleep to charge up for all day all night PoE grind-fest!
🐢
"
Pobatti wrote:
"
Fracture333 wrote:

You wouldn't be the first to have that theory: I saw it posted dozens of times on Reddit the day the trailer released, so it's very likely to be correct.

But I have my own theory. Canvas suggests an artist. He's a very significant person from Wraeclast's history, and the only painting of significance we know about is the one currently inhabited by Siosa. Siosa was alive hundreds of years ago from at least before the Purity Rebellion was going on.

But who painted the picture? Not Siosa - he's a scholar, not an artist, and it's doubtful he would have been able to paint a self-portrait of himself. So the artist who painted the portrait that later magically entrapped Siosa's soul could have been Canvas.

The strongest theory so far imo is that Cavas is High Templar Venarius. He was the one that pulled the sword from the Elder, and like with Shaper, corrupted his memories.
So no stash tab sale for the launch?
"
Pobatti wrote:
"
Fracture333 wrote:

Hahaha. Awesome, sounds interesting. Nice to see that people seem to take effort into clarifying and understanding the story line. To be honest I have never bothered understanding the story line in PoE. Perhaps more cynamatics into the game will capture my interest.
"
tacotiklah wrote:
The strongest theory so far imo is that Cavas is High Templar Venarius. He was the one that pulled the sword from the Elder, and like with Shaper, corrupted his memories.

To lend weight to that, I'm fairly sure I can make-out a few bars of the Avarius battle theme in the trailer, so there does seem to be some kind of tentative link being signposted there. Both being High Templar is a distinct possibility.

Edit: His robes feature a Templar Descry, so you're absolutely on the right lines there.

Spoiler

"
Hahaha. Awesome, sounds interesting. Nice to see that people seem to take effort into clarifying and understanding the story line. To be honest I have never bothered understanding the story line in PoE. Perhaps more cynamatics into the game will capture my interest.

You're right in that I'm making an effort, but for me the story is one of my favorite parts of the game, and a kind of secondary motivator. It's surprising how deep and good the lore is, when you consider the type of game PoE is, and that most players probably wouldn't *want* to bother with all that.
Last edited by Pobatti on Mar 8, 2019, 5:33:44 AM
"
The reason the update requires a full redownload is because we've re-worked the file system which is an important change to pave the way for future tech improvements and to minimise potential future memory issues.
RIP GGPKdefrag?

Also, when will you add "quote" button to OPs made by GGG staff?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info