[3.11] Divine Ire Hierophant (Self cast)

Thoughts on Rotgut as a flask? I happened to find one with really nice rolls(Max MS increase, almost lowest on extra charges used) and thought it could be interesting.
Rotgut seems like a fine option. I was wondering about having a life flask vs. a hybrid flask. Given our use of MoM, seems like a hybrid flask makes more sense.
"
Rhythmist wrote:
Rotgut seems like a fine option. I was wondering about having a life flask vs. a hybrid flask. Given our use of MoM, seems like a hybrid flask makes more sense.

I prefer a life flask since there's enough mana regen for sustain and the extra life healed is really helpful.
"
Lilyliciously wrote:
"
homie1984 wrote:
Hi Lily,

I am playing your build on Softcore. However, I keep dying to some bosses, mainly because of Bleed but also other reasons I am not able to identify.

Would you mind to look at build at tell me what I am doing wrong?

https://pastebin.com/PmtjJSjg

These things are in no particular order:

You don't use Mind over Matter. That's a solid 30% effective HP boost, using both build variants. Your HP is 4344 with 2413 ES. With a proper MoM setup you can hit 9k total effective health.

You don't have the fourth ascendancy. It's a huge boost to our damage on bosses. It would also allow you to remove your Mark of Submission and use a rare with life in its place, or preferably 1-2 Call of the Brotherhood. Freeze and chill are both great defensive measures.

You are not going to be able to face tank bosses. Keep on the move, use flame dash copiously. If you don't have EB, use Arcane Surge with Flame Dash. It's a large boost to your damage.

The more damage you do, the less time you have to die.

Regarding bleeds, that's just a matter of using your bleed removal flask.

Thanks for the advice. I have spected out MoM so that can have more mana reserved skills active. I was hoping arctic armor would compensate for that.
I dont have the last ascedancy because I havent found enough lab sites in the maps yet. Just tried arcane surge, i does buff the damage a lot, thx.
"
Thoughts on Rotgut as a flask? I happened to find one with really nice rolls(Max MS increase, almost lowest on extra charges used) and thought it could be interesting.

It's an interesting idea to replace the Quicksilver. Probably a bit less reliable uptime, but higher speed and Onslaught is great.

"
Rhythmist wrote:

Hybrid does superficially seem like a good option, but has several drawbacks. For one, it uses 20 out of 40 charges. In a panic situation, we get two hits of it. The total combined recovery per charge is 2220, whereas a divine life flask gives 2400 total recovery. With Seething, we get instant recovery but at 34% effectiveness.

A life flask gives 2400*0.34*3 2448 instant life.
A hybrid flask gives 2220*0.34*2=1500 instant life+mana.

In either case, we are not going to be filling up our effective HP. Even in the case of the life flask, we only need to be at about 50% life for us to not waste any effective life pool.

The life flask is there as a panic button to save us from the situations where we take unexpectedly large amounts of damage. As a form of long-term sustain, a hybrid flask might be better, but a level 60 life flask is objectively superior as a panic button.
"
homie1984 wrote:
Thanks for the advice. I have spected out MoM so that can have more mana reserved skills active. I was hoping arctic armor would compensate for that.
I dont have the last ascedancy because I havent found enough lab sites in the maps yet. Just tried arcane surge, i does buff the damage a lot, thx.

Trying to find the trials is a good reason to not have the last ascendancy!

Arctic Armour does compensate a little, but it does not replace 30% of your life pool.

Arcane Surge doesn't work with Eldritch Battery, just in case you were intending to go that route. It works wonders without it though!
"
Lilyliciously wrote:
"
homie1984 wrote:

Trying to find the trials is a good reason to not have the last ascendancy!

Arctic Armour does compensate a little, but it does not replace 30% of your life pool.

Arcane Surge doesn't work with Eldritch Battery, just in case you were intending to go that route. It works wonders without it though!

Another question, my damage according to tooltip is 53k. Is that not a bit low for this build?
"
homie1984 wrote:
Another question, my damage according to tooltip is 53k. Is that not a bit low for this build?

Lesson 1 of PoE: DO NOT TRUST THE TOOLTIP.

In this case, it's telling you the damage of the little zaps during the channeling portion. Not only does this not benefit from the 100-1900% more bonus from stages, it also has a 50% less penalty.

Even on spells that do not have this distinction, the tooltip can rarely be trusted. Maybe with openArl on the team we can get some proper tooltip calculations and options, but that seems unlikely to happen with more pressing matters to attend to.

For reference, I have about 60-70k tooltip DPS, and T10 map bosses die in 1-4 hits with the beam.
I was going your build first later changed the mathil's now im back here because i have problems about surviving. If you have time can you see my char. i couldnt figured out whats wrong rn 4k hp 2.2k es eb mom.Thank you. Have 76k tooltip dmg on divine ire. I barely finish the uber lab btw it was so hard i died last boss 4 times.
Last edited by rhonie33 on Mar 24, 2019, 6:06:21 PM
"
rhonie33 wrote:
I was going your build first later changed the mathil's now im back here because i have problems about surviving. If you have time can you see my char. i couldnt figured out whats wrong rn 4k hp 2.2k es eb mom.Thank you. Have 76k tooltip dmg on divine ire. I barely finish the uber lab btw it was so hard i died last boss 4 times.

I'd probably just drop eb. It feels very meh because es equipment upgrades barely improve your survivability. If you drop EB you now have 4k hp, 2k es plus the mana for mom.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info