[3.11] Divine Ire Hierophant (Self cast)

"
dorkdude2 wrote:
"
Silverpion wrote:
I just swapped from EB Mom to non EB and yeah, it seems a lot better as well. I will miss herald of ice though :( It's so satisfying when things shatter.

Also, not sure if it's been discussed yet. I get a lot more tooltip dps if I swap conc effect for energy leech, it seems like it's just a flat out improvement?

Also, do you think the enemies explode for 5% is worth using the non caster mace compared to a spectre? You could get more boss dps that way, and map clear isn't really a problem.

Last thing, it's somewhat annoying to get 3 reds on a 120+ int item since we're going for es items, a nice replacement for 2r2b is having a tempest shield in there replacing the inc duration, assuming you're using the fortify setup and not the extra cwdt with tempest shield.

conc effect actually isn't affecting tooltip at all for me so I am not using it out of the chance its broken.

using added fire damage in its place, I am still deleting mobs/bosses as long as I am critting

taking out conc effect when not in POB won't show damage reduction because the tooltip DPS is for the tendrils. When you use Divine ire you get the little tendrils that go out and hit mobs, that is what you tooltip DPS is. I would suggest adding in Conc effect over crit because the dmg you lose is quite considerable. Try playing with POB if you want to see it for yourself.
"
"
Paperfysh wrote:
I'm having a little trouble with this build right now, mostly with bosses. T9+ bosses do a lot of damage to me and I find myself unable to use Divine Ire much since I have to constantly reposition, so I end up relying a lot on Holy Flame Totem.

I'm sitting at 4.6k life and 2k ES now with EB and MoM and I feel like I'm not putting out enough damage with Divine Ire. What should I look to be getting next? I feel like either building into a staff and using a 6L Holy Flame Totem or a better scepter that helps with bosses more. I'm also thinking of dropping EB since between the two builds you have on PoB, the non-EB one has much higher damage.

You might need to look into no-EB. You have a lot better gear than I do, you shouldn't really be struggling too much on yellow maps.

Also I'm not sure how you are doing on trials but 4th Ascendancy is a big boost to single target dmg, especially if you also pick up the crit nodes and pop your Diamond flask.

Edit: Also having your Golem tank for you in the non-EB version is a big enabler for allowing you focus more on DPS-ing rather than running.

To clarify, the mobbing is fine as I one-shot basically anything that isn't a unique; it's only bosses that are super annoying as I can't really tank them.

I've finished all 4 trials but I think the big reason my damage is so low is having to regret a bunch of my crit nodes to go for survivability. I tried doing one map without EB before I transitioned and I couldn't get used to not having EB as it's a huge QoL boost for Inquisitor, but I'll definitely try it out and update.
"

I plan to use 1 Call of the Brotherhood but as it is I'm struggling to get even one of them in SSF. I think I chanced like 200 or maybe even more Cold/Lightning rings.

Yep, that'll happen. I think I read somewhere that the chance is 1/500. It's not absolutely necessary to use though, so don't worry too much about not getting it early. Just keep going and be careful with corpses and porcupines!
"
Silverpion wrote:
I just swapped from EB Mom to non EB and yeah, it seems a lot better as well. I will miss herald of ice though :( It's so satisfying when things shatter.

Also, not sure if it's been discussed yet. I get a lot more tooltip dps if I swap conc effect for energy leech, it seems like it's just a flat out improvement?

Also, do you think the enemies explode for 5% is worth using the non caster mace compared to a spectre? You could get more boss dps that way, and map clear isn't really a problem.

Last thing, it's somewhat annoying to get 3 reds on a 120+ int item since we're going for es items, a nice replacement for 2r2b is having a tempest shield in there replacing the inc duration, assuming you're using the fortify setup and not the extra cwdt with tempest shield.

I agree that non-EB is better. I edited the guide far too knee-jerkily when I found that EB wasn't as bad as I thought, and missed a few things that made it worse such as lack of Arcane Surge. It was only a day or two where it portrayed EB as better than it was, but you might've caught it then.

Regarding energy leech, I'm 99% sure it's deceptive on tooltip leech. I think it's counting both the damage bonuses, even though it's (almost) impossible to have both at the same time. I think you can maybe do it with soul tether, but even that would be difficult. In PoB, Conc Effect is clearly superior.

Regarding the 3 reds: Don't use chromatics, use the jewellers trick. Get two sockets on it, use 25 chromatics to guarantee 2 red. Then use the crafting table to craft 3 sockets. If the socket is red, craft 4 sockets. If it isn't red, craft 2 sockets. These recipes do not change the colours of the existing sockets, so going back and forth between 2 and 3 sockets causes you to reroll the colour on that socket only. It's far easier to get a bunch of jewellers than rely on luck with chromatics. This gets really expensive on 5 or 6 sockets, but for 4 it's reasonable.
"
dorkdude2 wrote:

conc effect actually isn't affecting tooltip at all for me so I am not using it out of the chance its broken.

using added fire damage in its place, I am still deleting mobs/bosses as long as I am critting

Added fire is an acceptable replacement. We have explicit confirmation from GGG that conc effect should work on both parts of Divine Ire, but you are correct that the tooltip seems unaffected. That's always been unreliable though, and it is working in PoB.
"
Paperfysh wrote:

To clarify, the mobbing is fine as I one-shot basically anything that isn't a unique; it's only bosses that are super annoying as I can't really tank them.

I've finished all 4 trials but I think the big reason my damage is so low is having to regret a bunch of my crit nodes to go for survivability. I tried doing one map without EB before I transitioned and I couldn't get used to not having EB as it's a huge QoL boost for Inquisitor, but I'll definitely try it out and update.

Crit is responsible for a heavy chunk of our damage. Without it, you're going to struggle a lot more. I'd also argue that EB is actually not very good for us, but might just be personal preference.
"
Lilyliciously wrote:
"
Paperfysh wrote:

Crit is responsible for a heavy chunk of our damage. Without it, you're going to struggle a lot more. I'd also argue that EB is actually not very good for us, but might just be personal preference.

Yeah, I went back for the crit nodes and now I'm performing comfortably. What's the next upgrade after a second Call of the Brotherhood though?
"
Paperfysh wrote:
Yeah, I went back for the crit nodes and now I'm performing comfortably. What's the next upgrade after a second Call of the Brotherhood though?

A good weapon is your best bet. Of particular note are:

Any weapon with the "Enemies explode" implicit from Synthesis. Certain information about chain reactions has led me to believe this might be superior to the shaped mace, though I'm not certain yet.

A weapon with the Tacati's mod from the poison room in the temple. Having the poison room present will allow that mod to drop from the last boss too. The mod is spell damage + non-chaos as chaos damage.

A shaped sceptre or mace. With the sceptre, you're looking for "Elemental as extra chaos" or "Phys as extra lightning" primarily, with other similar mods being less optimal. With the mace, enemies explode and phys as fire is what you're after. I'm leaning towards the sceptre in this case, due to some issues regarding the wording on the explosion mod.
Hi Lily,

I am playing your build on Softcore. However, I keep dying to some bosses, mainly because of Bleed but also other reasons I am not able to identify.

Would you mind to look at build at tell me what I am doing wrong?

https://pastebin.com/PmtjJSjg
Last edited by homie1984 on Mar 24, 2019, 12:47:02 PM
"
homie1984 wrote:
Hi Lily,

I am playing your build on Softcore. However, I keep dying to some bosses, mainly because of Bleed but also other reasons I am not able to identify.

Would you mind to look at build at tell me what I am doing wrong?

https://pastebin.com/PmtjJSjg

These things are in no particular order:

You don't use Mind over Matter. That's a solid 30% effective HP boost, using both build variants. Your HP is 4344 with 2413 ES. With a proper MoM setup you can hit 9k total effective health.

You don't have the fourth ascendancy. It's a huge boost to our damage on bosses. It would also allow you to remove your Mark of Submission and use a rare with life in its place, or preferably 1-2 Call of the Brotherhood. Freeze and chill are both great defensive measures.

You are not going to be able to face tank bosses. Keep on the move, use flame dash copiously. If you don't have EB, use Arcane Surge with Flame Dash. It's a large boost to your damage.

The more damage you do, the less time you have to die.

Regarding bleeds, that's just a matter of using your bleed removal flask.
Last edited by Lilyliciously on Mar 24, 2019, 1:14:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info