Synthesis Gem Information

Overall the changes look good, but i feel like Divine Ire is a bit weaker compared to the other new skills, like for example Purifying Flame if i understand everything correctly.

For comparison, lets assume you are casting Purifying Flame and Divine Ire without anything.

Purifying Flame:
casted 1/0.7 = 1.4286 times per second
with a damage of (803+1205)/2*0.945+(803+1205)/2*1.5*0.055 = 1031.61
so the dps would be 1473.7581

Divine Ire:
casted 1/0.22 = 4.5455 times per second
now the avg damage would be: (140+210)/2 = 175
to calculate the total dps im gonna sum up the Channeling and the Burst dps

Channeling dps(with the 50% less damage multiplier): ((175*0.5)*0.94+(175*0.5)*0.06*1.5)*4.5455 = 409.6632

Burst Dps(Lets assume that you release after 10 stages against a boss): the avg damage would be ((175*10)*0.94+(175*10)*0.06*1.5)=1802.5
but it would take about 2.2 seconds, so the additional dps would be 1802.5*0.4545= 819.2363

that means that the total Divine Ire dps in this example would be around 1228.8995 and thats quite a bit less than the 1473.7581 of Purifying Flame. I also feel like the aoe of Purifying Flame is better than the one of Divine Ire.

Its sad, because i like the look of Divine Ire and im probably gonna play it anyways and have to see how it goes :)
Last edited by Uhrwurm on Mar 7, 2019, 6:45:32 PM
"
im_a_manatee wrote:

2.spark has been meta for the passed 5 leagues wtf

Spark Meta? You wot? Spark wasnt meta for years, after they killed Vaal Spark barely anyone plays it.
"
Ekksvar wrote:
Okay, you want to know how GGG just loves melee builds? Right now i think they just are having a laugh. Energy shield leech gem vs life leech gem. Really? GOD DAMN REALLY?

I'm not even mad anymore. I'm just sad that after playing this game for so many years, this will be the first league SINCE BETA that i will pass.

And saying that they will change melee in 3.7 doesnt mean SHIT. How blind you have to be, to just IGNORE 80% of whole bottom side of the skilltree builds in whole league. i'm done. i'm just done. I waited for beserker changes for the last 4 leagues. More witches than berserkers. what a fucking joke. You all guys that are enjoying caster playstyle are happy. I'm not.

Today i saw a video from good starter builds for Synthesis and 3-4 of the builds were melee... So whats the problem? Anyway in last league a guy went through on the Minotaur map with only leap slam. 1 jump was 1 pack of mob. And it was not the only so I dont understand why people hate this focusing on spells, while melee builds looks as good as spells if not better.

Overall i hate how GGG focusing on certain things and mostly nerf others instead of just try to develope everything in the same rhythm without nerf certain things into the ground and flip everything upside down (like it was with ES nerf). I love when they add something new to the game, but hate when they remove at the same time... For eaxmple i feel bad, i had no chance to try out the "wormblaster the third" while it was very unique, specific and looks fun. Why we play if not for things like this?! What i hate in current patch notes is things like "Fireball damage increased from x to y". It isnt fun, I dont need numbers i need intresting mechanics. I dont care if GGG increase the fireball base damage to 9999999999999999999999999999, until it gets some intresting mechanic. But the current POE reality is this... NUMBERS. Anyway im happy we got back the old spark in a nerfed version, but mostly its the old one and im happy because of the intensify support too looks very specific. (I dont love the restrictions on this, because of less fun. I hate when somebody force me to do something or not to do somthing, especially in games. This is one of the reason why i stop to play with POE from time to time. In the last 3-4 years i played with this game 1-1.5 months/year. Its not because GGG do everthing well. I hope they will realise it once!)
"
im_a_manatee wrote:

3.thanks for adding ES LEECH AS IF CI WASN'T INSANE ENOUGH

CI isn't insane.

Maybe once you get to the point you can spent 150 ex on things yeah
I hope that GGG can take over the Path of Building because the information it updates is too slow and incomplete.
"
"
Ekksvar wrote:
Okay, you want to know how GGG just loves melee builds? Right now i think they just are having a laugh. Energy shield leech gem vs life leech gem. Really? GOD DAMN REALLY?

I'm not even mad anymore. I'm just sad that after playing this game for so many years, this will be the first league SINCE BETA that i will pass.

And saying that they will change melee in 3.7 doesnt mean SHIT. How blind you have to be, to just IGNORE 80% of whole bottom side of the skilltree builds in whole league. i'm done. i'm just done. I waited for beserker changes for the last 4 leagues. More witches than berserkers. what a fucking joke. You all guys that are enjoying caster playstyle are happy. I'm not.

Today i saw a video from good starter builds for Synthesis and 3-4 of the builds were melee... So whats the problem? Anyway in last league a guy went through on the Minotaur map with only leap slam. 1 jump was 1 pack of mob. And it was not the only so I dont understand why people hate this focusing on spells, while melee builds looks as good as spells if not better.

Overall i hate how GGG focusing on certain things and mostly nerf others instead of just try to develope everything in the same rhythm without nerf certain things into the ground and flip everything upside down (like it was with ES nerf). I love when they add something new to the game, but hate when they remove at the same time... For eaxmple i feel bad, i had no chance to try out the "wormblaster the third" while it was very unique, specific and looks fun. Why we play if not for things like this?! What i hate in current patch notes is things like "Fireball damage increased from x to y". It isnt fun, I dont need numbers i need intresting mechanics. I dont care if GGG increase the fireball base damage to 9999999999999999999999999999, until it gets some intresting mechanic. But the current POE reality is this... NUMBERS. Anyway im happy we got back the old spark in a nerfed version, but mostly its the old one and im happy because of the intensify support too looks very specific. (I dont love the restrictions on this, because of less fun. I hate when somebody force me to do something or not to do somthing, especially in games. This is one of the reason why i stop to play with POE from time to time. In the last 3-4 years i played with this game 1-1.5 months/year. Its not because GGG do everthing well. I hope they will realise it once!)

show me both of the videos. Also tell me how much currency did he spend on that. Was it a viable starter build? Even mathil made a video called "fixing the melee issue with 1 simple trick" whats the trick? spending 60-70ex on it. Look at the amount of currency needed for melee builds to kill shaper vs caster builds. And its not the problem in this league only. 3.5 was not nice to melee either. But now? They even nerfed it more, with leech nerc and slayer nerf. Also- how many caster builds that are able to do all content are there? tons. How many melee builds are there? Not as many, and they need lots more currency.
"
Rockell wrote:
"
im_a_manatee wrote:

3.thanks for adding ES LEECH AS IF CI WASN'T INSANE ENOUGH

CI isn't insane.

Maybe once you get to the point you can spent 150 ex on things yeah

And/or you are a trickster/occultist/guardian or have a very specific build.

IMO from ES leech the CI wont become far better. You are the same oneshotable paper character as before. But already you have the chance to stay alive against non endgame bosses without heavy investments (like with physical attack builds).
"
Ekksvar wrote:

show me both of the videos. Also tell me how much currency did he spend on that. Was it a viable starter build? Even mathil made a video called "fixing the melee issue with 1 simple trick" whats the trick? spending 60-70ex on it. Look at the amount of currency needed for melee builds to kill shaper vs caster builds. And its not the problem in this league only. 3.5 was not nice to melee either. But now? They even nerfed it more, with leech nerc and slayer nerf. Also- how many caster builds that are able to do all content are there? tons. How many melee builds are there? Not as many, and they need lots more currency.

Here is the starter builds:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiQIoUdkF7w

I found the leap slam too but its and old one, so im not sure its works the same way. Anyway maybe give some tips:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aooA3neDhz8
Woaw, i feel like i'm in some children court when someone crush a poor harmless spider and everyone help him to do so..
.. or maybe more like in Wallstreet where people cry to death and sells in a rush there beloved actions because a CEO sneeze in the morning and that's a death sign...

Nobody have tested anything, yeah you got "numbers", but Nobody have tested those spells, the new league, yet people are almost all crying to death because there last beloved build "seems" nerfed so they will never be able to try anything else that the diversity the game offer because they are too lazy to try it ?

Can't you enjoy what GGG team worked-on and be patient instead of blaming and burning them on the public place ?

You got a free game, updated super regularly, with new content, new spells and stuff to try every 4 month, and still you find only the way to blame them for all your mindfuck sins...
Return to other games if you simply want some unupdated and boring content...

well...

Thanks GGG for you work, i'm sure there is thousands of non-speakers that really appreciate you dedicated work.
Thanks for your patience against those flamers, be sure that there is also a lot of unhearded people that share those happy feeling and can't wait for another exiting league ^^.

Don't sap your morale if you are reading those dozens of "disappointments", sadly people are just not patient enough and are badly releasing there daily stress on you...

I can't wait to try those new mecanics and spicy gems :P
Be Brave !!

Last edited by Bakudan on Mar 7, 2019, 7:29:00 PM
"
Uhrwurm wrote:

Burst Dps(Lets assume that you release after 10 stages against a boss): the avg damage would be ((175*10)*0.94+(175*10)*0.06*1.5)=1802.5
but it would take about 2.2 seconds, so the additional dps would be 1802.5*0.4545= 819.2363

The build-up time might be half that.

We'll see how it plays out, but I think each cast might be a stage, and then you get stages for each hit too (40% chance for normal/magic). So if you're in range of the boss for your channel to hit, you'd build up two stages per cast.

"

Its sad, because i like the look of Divine Ire and im probably gonna play it anyways and have to see how it goes :)

Likewise! =)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info