a

"
Kateroze wrote:
Hello!

I'm starting red maps and this build is really great. No doubt the one that gives me the most fun.

That said, I'm relatively new (second character) in the game and I do not perfectly understand all the statistics: what makes rare scepters so beneficial compared to Doryani's Catalyst? The penetration of resistances? Because by reading the stats as is, I have trouble understanding.

Thank you again for this great guide for a beginner. :)

Rares are superior because of the 'Physical damage as extra fire damage'. One of these mods roughly adds a 20% damage increase on top of the other mods. Resistance penetration is just the icing on the cake.

Just a sidenote:
Increased and reduced are additive in poe. So when yoi have 200% increased damage, another 30% will make it 230% total increased. Doryani's catalyst has high increased elemental damage, but we already stack a lot of it on the tree.

20% of Physical added as extra Fire is just super good, as it grants Added elemental damage comparable to the Hatred Aura, and we are using two of them.

I hope that clarified it, if you have any further questions, ask!
Hi,

Thank you for updating the MoM/EB version.

But I'm a bit confused... On the tree you didn't take EB, just MoM.

Are we not supposed to take both?

Sry if it's a dumb question, but will sure help me if you could clarify this please.

Thanks
"
Ruffus_01 wrote:
Hi,

Thank you for updating the MoM/EB version.

But I'm a bit confused... On the tree you didn't take EB, just MoM.

Are we not supposed to take both?

Sry if it's a dumb question, but will sure help me if you could clarify this please.

Thanks

Not the guide maker but the reason the EB node isn't taken in the tree is because of Devouring Diadem - https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Devouring_Diadem which can be equipped in the helmet slot and provides Eldritch Battery so you don't need to take it separately in the passive tree.
Thank you for the reply.

So I can either get that amulet or allocate the points to EB, right?
sry, the helm:)
"
Ruffus_01 wrote:
sry, the helm:)

Pretty much, yes. For example, I don't have the helmet yet, so I am using the node. I plan on getting the helmet soonTM at which point I will remove the points from that node and use them elsewhere.
Now I get it, thank you again. I'll have to figure out if I want to replace my current helm, kinda like it:). Guess I'll spend some points for now.
Hello. I'm using your build and it's pretty fun build i must say. But i have only one problem - atziri boss fight is a mess and i just dying from no reason. I think it's mostly from reflect damage. Can you help me how to aviod this with your build?
"
UlyUly wrote:
"
Kateroze wrote:
Hello!

I'm starting red maps and this build is really great. No doubt the one that gives me the most fun.

That said, I'm relatively new (second character) in the game and I do not perfectly understand all the statistics: what makes rare scepters so beneficial compared to Doryani's Catalyst? The penetration of resistances? Because by reading the stats as is, I have trouble understanding.

Thank you again for this great guide for a beginner. :)

Rares are superior because of the 'Physical damage as extra fire damage'. One of these mods roughly adds a 20% damage increase on top of the other mods. Resistance penetration is just the icing on the cake.

Just a sidenote:
Increased and reduced are additive in poe. So when yoi have 200% increased damage, another 30% will make it 230% total increased. Doryani's catalyst has high increased elemental damage, but we already stack a lot of it on the tree.

20% of Physical added as extra Fire is just super good, as it grants Added elemental damage comparable to the Hatred Aura, and we are using two of them.

I hope that clarified it, if you have any further questions, ask!

Thank you very much for the precisions. I get it now. ^_^
Thanks again for this great guide.
"
romale983 wrote:
Hello. I'm using your build and it's pretty fun build i must say. But i have only one problem - atziri boss fight is a mess and i just dying from no reason. I think it's mostly from reflect damage. Can you help me how to aviod this with your build?

Yeah, build just deals too much damage to atziri lol. I advise using a Sibyl's Lament instead of Gifts from Above for the duration of the fight + Soul of Yugul on the pantheon.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info