a

"
homie1984 wrote:
"
FaytePGN wrote:
By far the easiest most GG league starter build. With quite a lot of luck in synthesis boss loot, quick leveling, some meta crafting, etc, I was able to get some pretty good loot and really get into this build.

Damage is WAY up there, survivability is sketchy, but you just don't face tank and your good. Did yellow elder, a couple synthesis bosses, a lich, all very easily. It's reasonably fast with a good quicksilver and boots, but nothing to boast about. AoE is MASSIVE, damage is MASSIVE. Overall, I've thoroughly enjoyed this as a league starter.

I can’t find any life leech on your equipment. How did you solve that? Or is it not required?

Check his gold ring, the guide talks about it in the Equipment section about jewellery: One of your rings has to be either an elder ring with 'curse enemies with Warlords Mark on hit' or a mark of submission with warlord's mark socketed in it.

Warlord's grants us endurance charge generation and grants mana + life leech.
Unfortunately I am on a business trip and can't play till Thursday, but I am considering things in the meantime. Two things I'd like to try and work I to the build: some sort of power charge und Most of all a better way to proc arcane surge. I miss something like orb of storms from my old arc build where you just drop it and forget about it for 10 secs while it does its thing /ponder
"
jackkbro wrote:
Thanks for the write up! Very detailed and easy to understand.

I've been using basically this same build for levelling, but I have been using Wave of Conviction instead. Do you have any suggestions such as gem links for using Wave over Purifying Flame?

I would throw away spell echo or unleash (whichever you are using) because they are terrible for wave of conviction. Replace those with faster casting. Other than that, I think picking up increased duration on the tree may be beneficial if you want to use WoC in the endgame (potency of will wheel is your easier source of increased duration!)
"
Sunfire00 wrote:
Unfortunately I am on a business trip and can't play till Thursday, but I am considering things in the meantime. Two things I'd like to try and work I to the build: some sort of power charge und Most of all a better way to proc arcane surge. I miss something like orb of storms from my old arc build where you just drop it and forget about it for 10 secs while it does its thing /ponder

Someone advised using Armageddon Brand with Power Charge on crit, go for the detailed setups he talked about on page 20. I will definitely try them out and they sound really cool.
"
UlyUly wrote:
"
homie1984 wrote:
"
FaytePGN wrote:
By far the easiest most GG league starter build. With quite a lot of luck in synthesis boss loot, quick leveling, some meta crafting, etc, I was able to get some pretty good loot and really get into this build.

Damage is WAY up there, survivability is sketchy, but you just don't face tank and your good. Did yellow elder, a couple synthesis bosses, a lich, all very easily. It's reasonably fast with a good quicksilver and boots, but nothing to boast about. AoE is MASSIVE, damage is MASSIVE. Overall, I've thoroughly enjoyed this as a league starter.

I can’t find any life leech on your equipment. How did you solve that? Or is it not required?

Check his gold ring, the guide talks about it in the Equipment section about jewellery: One of your rings has to be either an elder ring with 'curse enemies with Warlords Mark on hit' or a mark of submission with warlord's mark socketed in it.

Warlord's grants us endurance charge generation and grants mana + life leech.

Thanks for the explanation. I am not too experienced when it comes to this game.

Wouldn’t it make sense to play this build with a shield to make it a bit tankier? I am asking because Kaom killed me couple of times quite easily and that is only act 4. What nodes would you swap for that? Or is it a silly idea?
"
homie1984 wrote:

Thanks for the explanation. I am not too experienced when it comes to this game.

Wouldn’t it make sense to play this build with a shield to make it a bit tankier? I am asking because Kaom killed me couple of times quite easily and that is only act 4. What nodes would you swap for that? Or is it a silly idea?

Happened to me too lol, Kaom is pretty tough for this build and I can't figure out why. You can use a shield for leveling, I was using one until level 30 or so because I couldn't find a better weapon.

Maybe it's uncapped resitances that kill you?
"
UlyUly wrote:
"
homie1984 wrote:

Happened to me too lol, Kaom is pretty tough for this build and I can't figure out why. You can use a shield for leveling, I was using one until level 30 or so because I couldn't find a better weapon.

This is certainly the reason but this is also where a good shield helps. Plus RF has a lower range compared to let’s say arc and therefore i quite often find myself dangerously close to mobs. This is not a big deal now but might become a problem later. I have even considered to switch to Divine Ire but didn’t do it because RF actually does work quite well too. However, wave of conviction allows a lasier playstyle. Basically I am a bit spoiled by Enkies Arc witch with wich I had a smother experience in the betrayal league.
"
homie1984 wrote:
"
UlyUly wrote:

This is certainly the reason but this is also where a good shield helps. Plus RF has a lower range compared to let’s say arc and therefore i quite often find myself dangerously close to mobs. This is not a big deal now but might become a problem later. I have even considered to switch to Divine Ire but didn’t do it because RF actually does work quite well too. However, wave of conviction allows a lasier playstyle. Basically I am a bit spoiled by Enkies Arc witch with wich I had a smother experience in the betrayal league.

Yeah, Arc was pretty much a broken spell back then. I don't think you need to stand close to enemies, as the range extends for my whole screen. Divine Ire is good but would need some changes with the passive tree (going for Increased Lightning damage instead of fire and dropping AoF completely).
Have done some changes to the tree to try out other stuff.

Running EB and MoM, fixes any mana issues, allows for additional aura and seems decent survival wise. Granted im not too far.
- Shame about losing Arcane Surge, but could get Command of the Pit one day.

Also for budget, getting a 6-link staff (use The Dark Mage div card), and get essence for +2 fire gems (i bought 3 of the lower level essence and upgraded, was way cheaper).

Next step will be Carcass Jack, and eventually getting 2x 1 handed, as that seems to be better damage wise.

Seems like a really strong starter tho, but i feel clear speed is a bit on the low side, Carcass Jack might help with the AoE though.
Last edited by Janneban on Mar 11, 2019, 5:56:18 AM
Some short thoughts on the build, after reaching level 80 with it:

- it has decent clear speed, with the unoptimized equipment I currently have equipped;
- survivability isn't bad at all, but I am looking to get more Life + ES and Chaos res, as I start crafting new gear;

I don't know how to link items yet, for noob reasons, but you can see it on my profile.

The gem setup is as follows:

Puri Flame - Added fire dmg - Combustion - Conc effect - Unleash - Increased AoE

I'm thinking of playing around with the Conc effect/Inc AoE, maybe try the Intensify support with Spell echo.

I linked Wave of Conviction as a solo skill to provide some added dmg and a source of added debuff for bosses, but it also helps with clearing:

Wave of conviction - Spell totem - Multiple totems - Increased Aoe

Mana is a slight issue, but not serious, because of the 75% reservation from Herald of Ash + Zealotry.

No Vaal RF yet, will look to add it later if my damage seems lacking.

I also plan on playing around with the weapons, maybe try a staff setup for a while see how it changes the build.

Overall I'm quite happy with the build, kudos to Uly for a great starter.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info