Clarity

Why my Clarity aura reservirng 60% of total mana? Something has been changed or I got bug?
:3
Clarity still has a flat reserve. A screenshot of the gem/skill description, perhaps?
I am sorry if this has been asked before but, does clarity stack if it comes from multiple people?

For example: 2 Witches run the clarity aura at level 1. Do they both get 3 mana/sec or do they get 6 mana/sec (meaning they get effected by their own and their party members clarity).

Thanks in advance.
Same-type Auras do not stack. Strongest applies.
Clarity is still OP, especially for mana weak builds. In fact it's practically obligatory when the alternative is spending passive points on mana generation that might be far out of your way. I understand the reservation is essentially equivalent to 20 seconds of mana pool. At the same time I don't think that outweighs the benefits when most players use Quicksilvers and rarely find themselves going more than 20 seconds out of combat.

Further, Blood Magic Clarity is highly abuseable to stack multiple auras without any passive investment. If anything Clarity should be a % reservation while some other auras could be mana drains or % degenerations. There are certainly more tools to balance auras than % reservation.

Has any thought been given to more passive options for mana generation? That would free Clarity to take on the role of a mana generation scalar instead of a mana generation crutch. What I mean is, instead of providing flat regeneration Clarity could increase regeneration rate by a %. This would make it an attractive option for characters already invested in mana regeneration instead of an obligatory skill for those who aren't.

Active, skill-based, options for mana generation would also be welcome. What I mean is, some new mana generating skills or support gems. A Mana Gain on Hit support could be interesting if it provided a lot of mana but also decreased damage by a significant amount, say 50%, making it useful for sustaining combat but not dealing damage itself. That would provide bidirectional mana interaction and could make combat more engaging. I wrote a post on the subject here. Mana Leech could function in a similar capacity, providing much more leech but reducing damage severely.

I'm sure the numbers are all off so I'm only thinking about the concept. For bidirectional mana interaction to work, characters would need deep mana pools, which could perhaps be made easier to come by in the passive tree while high regeneration remained scarce or became even more scarce.
Want to Fix the Economy, Bad Loot, Trade and Legacy PvP? pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/548056
Open Letter to Qarl on Crafting Value pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/805434
Biggest Problem with Mapping: Inconsistent Risk to Reward pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/612507
Last edited by Veta321 on Nov 12, 2013, 8:20:24 PM
"
Veta321 wrote:
Clarity is still OP, especially for mana weak builds. In fact it's practically obligatory when the alternative is spending passive points on mana generation that might be far out of your way.

Clarity isn't an alternative to mana regen passives - it's boosted by mana regen passives, just like your innate mana regen. It can be important band-aid for mana-weak builds, but it really shines on big mana builds.

If you use it on mana, it already behaves like a multiplier on your mana regen (more mana regen % makes it more powerful directly, and more mana lets you run a higher level aura). If you run it on life, you can get a lot of mana regen even with a small mana pool, but you're sacrificing a lot of life to do that given the inefficiency of the Blood Magic gem, and you still need the Intelligence to level it up, which is presumably in short supply if you are miles away from the good mana passives.
"
Incompetent wrote:
Clarity isn't an alternative to mana regen passives - it's boosted by mana regen passives, just like your innate mana regen. It can be important band-aid for mana-weak builds, but it really shines on big mana builds.

If you use it on mana, it already behaves like a multiplier on your mana regen (more mana regen % makes it more powerful directly, and more mana lets you run a higher level aura). If you run it on life, you can get a lot of mana regen even with a small mana pool, but you're sacrificing a lot of life to do that given the inefficiency of the Blood Magic gem, and you still need the Intelligence to level it up, which is presumably in short supply if you are miles away from the good mana passives.

Wow how silly of me of course it scales with increased mana regeneration. But we should recognize increased regeneration scales Clarity, not the other way around - making a good skill better. And, further, Clarity does not scale or scale with increased maximum mana, which is what I was getting at. Clarity and auras, in general, encourage meeting mana use with regeneration - not a strong mana pool buffer.

My problem with Clarity boils down to this: it's a no brainer. If your fights last longer than the reservation divided by your gained regeneration then you're obligated to take Clarity. If your mana supply isn't catching up between fights then you're obligated to take Clarity.

The downsides are either too minimal or there aren't enough competitive alternatives. I think it's a combination of both. We need more competitive alternatives, either in the form of skills, passives and flasks. And we need to encourage alternative means of mana throttle i.e. deeper mana buffers and bidirectional mana interaction. Then if we still need to we can increase the drawbacks of Clarity, perhaps with a % reservation.
Want to Fix the Economy, Bad Loot, Trade and Legacy PvP? pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/548056
Biggest Problem with Mapping: Inconsistent Risk to Reward pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/612507
I don't no what you guys are talking about.. Clarity is really good.. I don't even use Mana Flask anymore.. I spamm Storm Call and my mana regain instanly regains the mana used.... My max mana after using 2 auras is 60 mana.. Thats plenty...I lvled a few timnes yesterday so it should be around 80 mana now.. I use clarity on every build that I use.... I recommend getting at least 2 mana regain nodes to make Clarity even better...
Caster builds would not be feasible end-game without clarity being at least as powerful as it is now, unless there were crazy buffs to mana regeneration implemented elsewhere.

All you people crying about OP need to make some real mana-intensive builds first before complaining. Go 5 or 6 link a freezing pulse build and then come back and tell me that clarity is OP.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Dec 9, 2013, 11:37:04 PM
"
tackle70 wrote:
Caster builds would not be feasible end-game without clarity being at least as powerful as it is now, unless there were crazy buffs to mana regeneration implemented elsewhere.

All you people crying about OP need to make some real mana-intensive builds first before complaining. Go 5 or 6 link a freezing pulse build and then come back and tell me that clarity is OP.

I don't think anyone is saying it is OP. They're saying that it diminishes meaningful choice because it is such a useful crutch. I'm in favor of more viable alternatives to clarity.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info