Iron Will

"
dudiobugtron wrote:
Totems would benefit a lot from defensive auras.
Yes, and that's planned for the future. But there's no way to distinguish them at the moment, so all auras are disabled for totems/traps/mines
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
Yes, and that's planned for the future. But there's no way to distinguish them at the moment, so all auras are disabled for totems/traps/mines

I apologize because I feel like I opened this can of worms. I think the key part to facilitating the programing of it is to rename the categories of items. In other words, if you just call something either an attack or a spell, it is harder to uniquely program what you want to do. If you call a minion a minion or a trap a trap or a totem a totem, then suddenly not everything is either an attack or spell. It should be much easier to decide what you want to accomplish by uniquely programming each case. I know it would make the character screen easier to show the correct value. Anyway, I appreciate the answers. My favorite part of the game is the talent tree. Best one I've ever seen anywhere.
"
Zindax wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
dudiobugtron wrote:

I apologize because I feel like I opened this can of worms. I think the key part to facilitating the programing of it is to rename the categories of items. In other words, if you just call something either an attack or a spell, it is harder to uniquely program what you want to do. If you call a minion a minion or a trap a trap or a totem a totem, then suddenly not everything is either an attack or spell. It should be much easier to decide what you want to accomplish by uniquely programming each case. I know it would make the character screen easier to show the correct value. Anyway, I appreciate the answers. My favorite part of the game is the talent tree. Best one I've ever seen anywhere.

This would increase the workload in great dimensions.
And that is of course what we want for a small development team. ;)
Thread necro!

Sorry for necro-ing this, but just wanna get some clarification (without doing up a whole new thread):

Iron Will does NOT work with Aura spells, yes? This is due to Auras like Anger and Hatred not being the direct source of damage, but it just conveys the ability to do elemental damage to attacks, yes?

So far no problems in usage as I have linked it with Tempest Shield (although hard to properly document the damage increase since it is reactionary). Are there any damage logs that I can refer to so I can test out the gem with different spells?
Don't worry about necro'ing Gem threads :P

Correct. Auras do not deal Spell Damage (or any Damage at all, for that matter), and do not benefit from Iron Will.

If you check the [C]haracter Sheet and click the Tempest Shield icon, you can see the final damage dealt to enemies. Unlink Iron Will and you'll be able to see the difference. The DPS display is entirely useless for Tempest Shield, but it can give you a rough idea for spammy skills.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jul 26, 2013, 10:49:21 AM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Don't worry about necro'ing Gem threads :P

Correct. Auras do not deal Spell Damage (or any Damage at all, for that matter), and do not benefit from Iron Will.

If you check the [C]haracter Sheet and click the Tempest Shield icon, you can see the final damage dealt to enemies. Unlink Iron Will and you'll be able to see the difference. The DPS display is entirely useless for Tempest Shield, but it can give you a rough idea for spammy skills.

Thanks Viper! Clears a lot of things up. Looks like Iron Will is very versatile, but very situational. I can see a lot of Templars abusing this by just going mostly str nodes and using spells. Int nodes just enough to max lvl the spell gems.
Hi there. I'm not sure I understand the bonus from levelling this gem. I have it linked to molten shell.

On level one it says "19% reduced cast speed." Does this mean the casting speed is 19% slower?

I'm having a brain cramp. When I read that I think that the time to cast the spell is reduced by 19% rather than the cast speed is slowed down by 19%.

My head hurts.

Reducing your car's speed isn't going to make the trip to work any shorter :P Reduced Cast Speed is not a good thing generally.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Nov 11, 2013, 9:36:52 PM
but if u have enough str it will compensate the iron will reduced cast speed .

another question maybe was posted already (im sure) but never answere completly.

does iron will work for raise spectre?
since some of the mobs should have stats like str?
Witch : HaleJesus LVL 82 Arc Summoner
SpectreGuide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/292391/page/1
pls forgive my gibberish space orc english - its not my native language
"
HaleBopp wrote:
but if u have enough str it will compensate the iron will reduced cast speed .

another question maybe was posted already (im sure) but never answere completly.

does iron will work for raise spectre?
since some of the mobs should have stats like str?
we do not know enough of monsters' stats to answer this question. it'll work regardless but... not sure "how much".

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info