Point Blank

Guys how does point blank affect Rain of arrows? And if it works, from where is the distance calculated (middle of the circle maybe)?
Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
And even prouder 4th Templar in the Nov 10 Four-hour Party Hardcore Race :P
Current OB success:
top 20 Ranger in 105 Minute Turbo Solo (S4E9)
"
Sony_Black wrote:
Guys how does point blank affect Rain of arrows? And if it works, from where is the distance calculated (middle of the circle maybe)?
Distance from where you fired it, just like anything else with point blank.
"
IlluminaBlade wrote:
How would this effect the skill Lightning Strike given it is melee and projectile at the same time.
The projectiles get the damage bonus/penalty from point blank. The melee hit does not.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Sony_Black wrote:
Distance from where you fired it, just like anything else with point blank.

Thank you for the fast answer :D
When i searched for point blank and rain of arrows i found some old topics about it not working together so i wanted to make sure it does work :)
Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
And even prouder 4th Templar in the Nov 10 Four-hour Party Hardcore Race :P
Current OB success:
top 20 Ranger in 105 Minute Turbo Solo (S4E9)
I recall reading in a chain or fork thread(if not both).
That the new projectiles point of origin is where they were created(on top of the enemy).
That should provide some very interesting damage values for Point blank.
Shoot up close shotgun style with a larger load, or shoot a weak fuse into a crowd and its effectively an explosion.
Chaos Is Life, Life Is Chaos, Control Is An Illusion.
Thanks Maetaphor for my Beta Key :)
Sadly it doesn't work with Spells. Or so I understood.
Actually, why is that?
Would make sense just as much. Is it to prevent super shotgunning?

Edit: The above question is intriguing, as well.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
Last edited by UnDeaD_CyBorG on Nov 16, 2012, 9:17:21 PM
I'm also curious to see if this works with Ethereal Knives? They are projectiles, but it is a spell, so I'm having trouble wrapping my head around that one...
Point Blank increases the damage dealt by Projectile Attacks; there's two requirements there. Ethereal Knives fires Projectiles, but it's not an Attack (it's a Spell).
Assume that I have a ranged attack totem that use point blank. Does the totem inflict %50 more damage if I cast it in the middle of a mob?

Say, I use the rain of arrows skill for attack. In that case, the damage would be:

(Rain of arrows dmg + Iron grip bonus) * point blank bonus dmg?
Last edited by Mantequilla211 on Jan 10, 2013, 5:43:28 PM
How does this work with mines and traps?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info