Culling Strike

I've tried using this support gem with viper strike and its only applied to the first strike of the skill and not to the damage from the poison. IE if the target is reduced to 10% or less from the initial blow then they die from culling strike, but if they are only taken down to lets say 15%, then taken down to 10% or lower with the poison then the culling strike doesnt take affect.
Is it supposed to work like this?
Its always in the last place you look
yes from last time i read this question. you could simply rehit the foe so culling takes effect. culling strike tests its instant kill condition after you hit with linked skill, not the effects of said skill.
"
Verb wrote:
I've tried using this support gem with viper strike and its only applied to the first strike of the skill and not to the damage from the poison. IE if the target is reduced to 10% or less from the initial blow then they die from culling strike, but if they are only taken down to lets say 15%, then taken down to 10% or lower with the poison then the culling strike doesnt take affect.
Is it supposed to work like this?
Yes. It is a culling strike, and specifically states it applies when hitting the enemy.
"
CanHasPants wrote:
"
DeadLeaves wrote:
You are a hero, thanks for checking it, you've done me and the community a great favor. <3

:D Glad I could help.

I just wanted to add, my fire witch is no more, I rerolled her into a summoner two skill respec patches ago. But based on my experience with her in merciless, I don't think totems are meant to be for dps, especially elemental, as the damage really falls behind in merci. They seem more useful for passively adding a bit of utility to your attacks (blind, knockback, etc...), and that's just what culling strike does. I don't think it's good enough to fit into a main attack's sockets, as there are generally always more supports available that do a better job dealing that last 10% damage. That leads me to believe this support is best served on a totem, where it effectively reduces all mobs in range to 90% of their life. The exception, I suppose, is a main attack that focuses on being fast rather than strong, as they are generally very mana intensive (many applications of a skill to accomplish what a stronger skill could do in fewer uses) and Culling Strike has only a measly 110% mana cost modifier. Well, that, and for when you face Omega Weapon, where CS would effectively knock off 116k life.

Great minds think alike pants. On my Arc witch I use one totem that also uses ark. I knew the DPS would be considerably less on my totem so I thought about what supports I could put in it that would help me out the most. Culling strike is one because it helps clean up the weaker enemies that are near death so that I can focus on the tougher enemies. I find it very useful this way and it even helps me kill some of the super tough guys who resist lightning and are immune to curses. I hurt them alot with my main arc and let the totem finish them off with culling strike. I like this support.
Standard Forever
People talk about how ranged physical needs an analogue to Melee Phys Dmg and Weapon Ele Damage. This is it. At highest level it's 1.1 mana multi for a 25% increase in damage and (if quality) a 10% increase in attack speed! that's so cheap!
Er, no, it isn't. Culling adds at best 25% Increased Damage. Melee Physical adds, at level 1, 30% More Damage. 'Increased' stacks additively with Strength and Weapon Damage passives (they are all Increased-type modifiers). 'More' stacks multiplicatively, meaning it makes your Strength and Bow Damage passives more effective (it's a multiplier added after Increased-type modifiers).

For raw damage, Culling really doesn't do much. It's a nice gem, especially for fast attacks, but it's far from the Melee Physical analogue. Additionally, Melee can use this all the same.
does culling strike stack? like if i have power siphon, the support gem, and the passive; do i get 30% culling strike? lol
Steam:Gonejah
they are same thing, it doesn't stack to 20% or 22% of struck foe's hp condition.
ignore. Wrong thread.
Last edited by Strill on Jan 30, 2013, 11:34:06 PM
Culling Strike has nothing to do with Shattering? :/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info