[3.9][HC/SC] Soulrend Trickster - Fast mapper with great defenses (League starter/All content)

"
Syreith wrote:
"
Cheydinhal wrote:
Alright thanks, got 2 side questions when reading your message :)

I played it a while back, and I only had 1 real issue with this build, the soulrend feels so nice, but casting it feels like a pain, cuz its so slow...only thing you can do is go for lots of cast speed? Especially while levelling from 24-70 (till u get some okayish gear) it feels harsh....

Last thing is, I play HC. Would you feel this would be the same for HC?
Your saying you done all content, but I guess for HC this would only count as a league starter right? It wont be a build that could get you through endgame content in HC aswell?

Yep, the worst part of the skill is how slow it is to cast. I mainly use bane for the tightly packed mobs while leveling, blood rage also helps a lot(3 frenzy charges x 4% cast speed). I'm also a HC player and did guardians+shaper(back in synthesis) before I got bored of the build and rerolled. Didn't do uber elder by myself, but quite a lot of hc players messaged me that they had no problems killing him with this build. The only sketchy moment I can imagine would be if you stay for too long in the degen pools(you don't regen es, so you can run out of it quite fast, which makes you vulnerable to oneshots). Chaos damage is the other weak spot of the build(it goes straight through es), so getting some chaos res on your gear is pretty much mandatory. Legion introduced flesh and stone, which is an awesome aura for hc and I used it in pretty much any build I played during the league.

I will update the guide when we get the patch notes.

Thanks alot, good info. Will definatly run this build unless there will be major nerfs of course.

Really nice written build guide btw, very detailed and for a mediocre knowledge minded like myself very easy to understand what to do when.

How much chaos resist do you normally get in HC while going into end game? Because tbh I always ripped before reaching that point, and actually never ever bought any chaos (unless it happened to be on the piece i wanted anyway).

Didnt see the flesh and stone in the build guide tbh? Will look into it, and looking for ward to your updates on patch notes before the league starts :)

edit: 1 more question, I dont really feel like switching so much from MoM build to MoM + EB build....as HC is it ok to go straight into the EB version? Or would that just be plain stupid and suicide?
Last edited by Cheydinhal on Aug 30, 2019, 7:30:36 AM
will have update to 3.8?
The guide is updated for 3.8.
Need some help with monolith mechanic....

Died in HC last night in this.....remember I have NOT played legion, and no idea what to do...

But some1 pointed out u have to stay where u click the monolith and defend that place to get loot?

But the very first time I did that, I got instantly destroyed by 10k monsters that spawned in the 2nd fase.....

What to do?
m
Last edited by danieljviolo on Nov 5, 2019, 6:21:10 PM
Post deleted. Figured it out.
Last edited by LOONA118 on Nov 21, 2019, 2:47:31 PM
Soulrend is gonna get buffed according to balance manifesto! League starter is a go!
"
bridgeburner wrote:
Soulrend is gonna get buffed according to balance manifesto! League starter is a go!

How strong? Even before the patch I wanted to start this build. Poorly versed in mechanics, I wonder how much they raised the skill
It's been said a couple of times that it's going to be about a 50% damage buff across the board. Let me tell you though, I'm the first poster on here. It's a blast, the guide is solid although I think a staff ends up being a great option besides his scepter/shield setup. It's been the most fun I've had in awhile. Look forward to the 3.9 update.
I planned to play soulrend when it was released, but was to busy, then it was nerfed..seems now the time has come!
As ssf player (softcore), i wonder how good it will be for deep delving?
Or I will need more control+defensive mechanics to manage 600+ depth?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info