Development Manifesto: Betrayal as a Core Game Mechanic

What happened with all previously comments!?!?

I produce myself a hour and you guys remove all posts and leaving only not negative ones like EA(electronic arts) and Bethesda do???
Brand X Music,Revolt Production Music,Really Slow Motion,Colossal Trailer Music,Immediate Music,Volta Music,Position Music,posthaste Music,C21FX,Twin Scoring Studio,EpicMusicVN,Imagine Music,Epic Score,Cavendish Music,Gargantuan Music,Atom Music Audio,Audiomachine
No Pain No Gain!!!
Last edited by PromaG on Feb 21, 2019, 11:01:37 PM
"
IchiMorghulis wrote:
You guys should give us a way to not interact with betrayal contents. My personal problem with it is I have no idea who and how many I'm fighting, I have zero idea of what any of their abilities are, whenever I die to them, I have no idea what killed me, sometime the oneshot happens after I killed all of them, and I have no idea what it is. The entire fight is one big clusterf_ck. Let people op out if they choose to.

Based on their current description, this isn't gonna be possible. They're determined to cram this league mechanic down everyone's throat while giving no hint to properly tuning the encounters so that they don't become as overbearing in higher maps as they currently are. They're killing off most people's ability to delve, there's no word to any adjustments to temples so that you have a better chance of getting at least one t3 temple. Oh and you now have to unveil more items for less rewards too. I guess the response to breaking the risk:reward ratio is to break it in reverse. Now instead of getting rewards too easily for no risk, they're opting to make you grind incessantly for minimal reward. AND, the atlas reshuffle means that unless you buy ANOTHER map tab, you're stuck with a bunch more maps in regular stash tabs. Even the mastermind change is still bad because it de-ranks and shuffles the syndicate that you spent a long time setting up, so they're still gonna have problems with nobody wanting to actually fight mastermind. Like, the initial release trailer for Synthesis was massively poggers, but each subsequent post just gets worse and worse.

I'm still kinda holding out for Synthesis mechanics compensating in some way for these changes, but this manifesto has basically killed all my hype for the new league and has me questioning whether or not to sit this one out. Even playing just standard is gonna feel miserable with betrayal in core unless they nerf syndicate officers. In which case, I might be keeping an eye out for whenever Grim Dawn's new expansion comes out.
Last edited by tacotiklah on Feb 21, 2019, 11:13:58 PM
Please don't add this as a core mechanic.
Please don't gut delve rewards to make it more accessible. People say they like delve just for fun but as soon as the rewards are reduced just watch people say "Gosh delve is so boring!"
Berek's Grip Ice Spear
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/780707
Budget Magicfind and/or Hardcore Flame Totem
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1211543
Dear Bex: Are more Hideout decorations being worked on? With all of these awesome new hideouts, I am starting to actually feel passionate in working on some grand ideas for my hideout... but I am waiting for the right decore first.
IGN JimansNotSummoner
Hopefully the plan is to have less rippy Syndicate stuff.
Almost everyone including me, does not like the idea of BETRAYAL.
So why bring it back?!

The only reason I think is because

they did not have enough time to create new ones
or

they did not make too much for Create a new one....
I cannot say much as I didnt play as many leagues as others, I played Incursion, Delve and Betrayal. When I reach Betrayal, combination of 3 leagues mechanic for me is way too much things to do. Going Temple, going Syndicate Hideout, going Mine, going Menagerie, like we have to focus on either side.

I have wood Laptop, so I am waiting for 1 month of GFX toned down in Synthesis like as Betrayal did. Synthesis seems also having heavy GFX and quite complex mechanic.
"
xXx_1 wrote:
Almost everyone including me, does not like the idea of BETRAYAL.
So why bring it back?!

The only reason I think is because

they did not have enough time to create new ones
or

they did not make too much for Create a new one....

Strange, I like Betrayal.
Edit: Sorry, all good for me.
Last edited by Oxygene_PoE on Feb 22, 2019, 1:45:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info