Development Manifesto: Betrayal as a Core Game Mechanic

"
TreeOfDead wrote:
So, again Harbour Bridge or Blood Aqueduct will be BEST THAN EVER place to farm/spam new content?

AGAIN 300+% movement speed builds will be N1 to be rich and farm 2000 chaos per hour?

It's logic char that clear fast gain currency faster , i'm wrong?

Farming same content all day become a work not a enjoyement imo ^^

Speed is the only savior.
I'm fine with Betrayal being part of the core game. I for one did not have any issue with the random Syndicate spawns at all nor navigating through the options to get the layout I want. With that said a better distribution of rewards and availability is sorely needed as its clearly obvious which safehouses are more desirable which I'm sure had an effect on its availability.

The last league I played was Bestiary and I quit nearly halfway through due to the monotonous tedium of throwing nets. This league I took my time and had fun.
hi all
Betrayal in core? Boo. Hiss. Most unpopular league I've played. Gonna take me awhile to get the bad taste out of my mouth.
Please do not leave the syndicate in the game. If you MUST leave it, cut the damage output down to the same level as the rest of the creatures in whatever zone they are in. Running a tier 13 map and getting hit by things that hit harder than tier 15 bosses is not my idea of fun. Also you have to change the mechanics on their appearance. The ones that pop in out of the sky freeze my screen and I'm dead before I even know what hit me. It's not because of an under-powered computer, my build includes a Nvidia GTX 2080, etc., it's up to any task thrown at it. My Internet sucks and there is nothing I can do about it, legislators in Iowa have been paid off to give Mediacom a monopoly in all rural areas. As they have no competition, they have no incentive to provide good service. In any case I would hope GGG can do whatever would be required so players stuck with poor connections are not subject to instant death. I am sure there are many of us out here.
"
MNNoxMortem wrote:
The most important changes for me would be

* Ensure that Betrayal Encounters give as much XP as skipping them. This way people would not completly skip them during leveling just to not be slower when leveling through Act 1 to Act 10. The bonus loot from Betrayal encounters is then just the cherry on top. I dislike skipping content, but currently doing those encounters is way worse than skipping them until maps.
* Ensure that the cycle time/reward for all end game content is approximately the same. Especially if a player does not skip some content on purpose and invest it's time all areas should be approximately balanced (with respect to the corresponding iLvl, obviously it is a difference if I run low level or high level maps/delves)
* Mapping
* Uber Lab
* Delve
* Betrayal Encounter/Safehouse/Mastermind

The main reason to focus on one of those should be to specialize in the rewards, less than just one beeing simply way more profitable than ll others. Obviously perfect balance will never exist and it will always shift with current meta but just tie those system better together. I am very happy how this is already in the process right now, but I can see how they could be tied together even better, s.t. they don't exist so strongly side by side.

And while the following is not 100% focused on "Betrayal as Core" it does fit into the whole "Core-Game" topic:

I still do not like how Bestiary as it is implemented. Please make it less annoying to use. I do like the loot and love Einhar but always having to go to the Bestiary, checking out what I could do from time to time is not that much fun. Also those fights are stupidly annoying. Integrate the Bestiary Recipes into the new crafting UI and remove the necessity to fight the beasts again. I doubt I'll ever get the second request, I am aware of that, but I think it would be so much more fun when it would just directly into the crafting UI. When I click on craft it should open a portal to the arena to enter it, fight the mobs. I really dislike having so many different UI's and menus taking me out of the flow and in the case of the bestiary even having to go to the Menagerie, fight the beasts at the altar after I already catched them. And with regards to crafting:
* Integrate Bestiary Crafts into the craft UI
* Integrate resonators into the craft UI (I don't say I know how this could be done easily, but there should be a single UI for crafting)
* Integrate possible suffixes/affixes into the craftign UI. I know there are third party sites, but I want to have all that in the same UI, navigate it, explore it, see what I have and see what I am missing. Especially having the connection: This would be possible if you have XYZ and that is possible because you own UVW in the crafting UI would be awsome. This is especially where resonators would come in handy: Let me reduce the list of possible affixes/suffixes for the Item I am exploring my crafting options and fade out/strike through/remove from the list those I am blocking right now.

I've said it before and still do not like how cumbersome the Incursion League Mechanisms are. Yes they are easy to drop in while doing other stuff, but as with all those league-mechanics which became core they feel attached to the side instead of strongly integrated.

I do love how they are now integrated into the atlas and I wished they would be integrated even more into it, s.t. the Atlas is the single end game content menu.

* Show me on the atlas which maps I own and and let me open the map directly from the atlas.
* Also let me craft the map before clicking "Open Portal" directly with this flow: Open Atlas, See available maps, Choose target map, Craft Map automatically taken currency items from stash/inventory, open the map and teleport into it. Do not let me go through all those different menus for something I am supposed to repeat thousands of times.
* Let me access the labyrinths directly from the atlas, including teleport (if I am in town/hideout) directly into the chosen lab, again taking resources from the stash/inventory.
* Let me access delve directly from the atlas: Click delve, choose delve, automatically teleport to the start.

I just had to fullquote this post, so many points in it I fully agree with.

In my opinion having an intuitive and easy to use UI is just as important as game balancing. As several other people have pointed out, with every new league the game feels increasingly disjointed. We're nearing the point where the whole experience is closer to visiting certain hub areas and doing the associated minigames than being part of a cohesive narative.

There is just too much clutter that constantly gets in your way and needs your attention. I like a deep game but convoluted doesn't equal smart. There is no need for a separate Beastiary window, merge it with the crafting one. As pointed out in the post, there is no need to restrict crafting to stash/inventory, let us do it for example right on the map screen. GGG seems to have this weird fixation with making players to manually grab every single orb they want to use. The Prophecy mechanic gets a huge seperate window and all there is in there are 7 measly slots. Unveiling items manually would be exciting if done a couple of dozen times maybe, but not hundreds.

Basically make everything that influences your progression into one slick and comprehensible overview. Make it as big as the Atlas window, I don't care, as long as I don't have to flick through 4-5 different windows just to see where I'm currently at.

This is not the Open Beta anymore, the game has evolved, let the UI do the same for Pete's sake!
Last edited by MoarStuff on Mar 4, 2019, 5:42:45 PM
netrayal best!
Betrayal going core?
No thanks, why does this game continue to become a cluttered mess of random mediocre league stuff
Lab is a chore

Delve / Harbinger / Incursion / Delirium best leagues.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info