Development Manifesto: Betrayal as a Core Game Mechanic

"
PromaG wrote:
What happened with all previously comments!?!?

I produce myself a hour and you guys remove all posts and leaving only not negative ones like EA(electronic arts) and Bethesda do???

I myself had written one quotting an already deleted comment saying that we would be happy if betrayal were removed from core.

Edit: Seems it didn't work, uh? A new wave of negative comments just went by. What about not allowing comments to the manifesto post? Or else, what about hearing the majority of us who maybe (not) liked the betrayal as a league, but not as part of the core.
Last edited by Perfect_Sin on Feb 23, 2019, 6:33:43 PM
Betrayal becoming core... Uuuugh.

I liked almost all the changes that came with Betrayal (streamlined crafting, new hideout system etc.) but the Syndicate stuff itself? Ugh.

Was hoping to not ever having to do this again and now it's going to be core. That is somewhat repulsive.
"
PromaG wrote:

It all looks like everything back to old boring status where ppl must using boring like hell double chaos recipe instead of farming valuable scarabs and cant play any serious bosses or trying hardest things in game when leveling to not die(when leveling - this means whole league)...

Reason why I loved Betrayal was a possibility of playing everything and dying without pain until get enough pure breachstones to leveling whole single level,farming scarabs and selling them ,playing any content without any stress of dying until get another ammount of pures to make single next level...I get lvl 100 significaly fast when I understand how syndicate works and after that I was free to play any content - no stress about dying and that was a real pleasure...

THIS!

As a casual player (work, family, life, etc.), I enjoyed the league as it enabled me some new content like uber elder, uber atziri, pale council, and many more. If you play casually, you simply cannot afford most of the stuff in the game, e.g., you will be afraid to burn 10 shaper sets to learn uber elder mechanics. The same with the experience. This was the only time, I could do high level character, and this does not mean lvl 100. Pushing to 100 is still too expensive for me, so I will try my best to go lvl 98 maybe...

That being said, either do not integrate betrayal to standard due to unexpected rips from the intervention, or do not nerf the scarabs, breachstones, etc. Simply - either do not force us to meet the syndicate, or make a way to regain the lost experience in a predictable way.

BTW. There is too much grinding already (I know - the company's name - I know), so I definitely skip next league. Unlocking all the crafting options, finding new implicits, going delve with almost no sulphite - nah. I better stay in standard - just do not spoil it.
DI ignite inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3080303/
(retired) MoMMeme hiero: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2487766
Last edited by sprawdzampoczte on Feb 24, 2019, 3:14:52 AM
Adding betrayal to the core game was a wrong move.
Nerfing breachstones, wrong move.
Nerfing Scarabs, wrong move.
Making Delve harder, wrong move.

Nerfs, nerfs and nerfs, over and over? You're killing the fun in the game by screwing up the players.
Is this how you expect people to like your game? No doubt why so many people are quitting the game.

Think twice before you kill the game like DIABLO did.

Fix bugs and stupid ingame mechanics instead of nerfing everything to the ground.

Fix unbalanced mobs (too many one shots) even with 10k HP and capped defenses.
Guys from GGG I have a small request here - please add to the game some kind of new minion suffixes to craft on 2h staves like +40-50% increased Minion movement speed (only movement nothing more as suffix) and maybe few others like resistances itc in upcoming 3.6..But I need movement speed for now...
Brand X Music,Revolt Production Music,Really Slow Motion,Colossal Trailer Music,Immediate Music,Volta Music,Position Music,posthaste Music,C21FX,Twin Scoring Studio,EpicMusicVN,Imagine Music,Epic Score,Cavendish Music,Gargantuan Music,Atom Music Audio,Audiomachine
No Pain No Gain!!!
Last edited by PromaG on Feb 24, 2019, 9:52:04 AM
GGG please, seriously bring Stash Tabs for Fossiles and Resonators to the store. I dont care if i have to pay for them, i just want a well sortet Stash like with all other stuff be it maps, currency, scarabs and all stuff.
"
Crash1do wrote:
Adding betrayal to the core game was a wrong move.
Nerfing breachstones, wrong move.
Nerfing Scarabs, wrong move.
Making Delve harder, wrong move.

Nerfs, nerfs and nerfs, over and over? You're killing the fun in the game by screwing up the players.
Is this how you expect people to like your game? No doubt why so many people are quitting the game.

Think twice before you kill the game like DIABLO did.

Fix bugs and stupid ingame mechanics instead of nerfing everything to the ground.

Fix unbalanced mobs (too many one shots) even with 10k HP and capped defenses.

They want to disguting us to death to force people pay their Private league i guess.....
"
PromaG wrote:
Generally I can say that I playing many hours everyday to 21-02-2019 until I read this announcment - from yesterday I lost the desire to continue playing this league with 150 pure breachstones in stash...Reason :League almost end and I dont have time to level new character and won't playing 12+ hours per day..With this announcment about scarabs(good for making cash) and breachtones(I spend over a month for farming them for next chracter leveling later)...

It all looks like everything back to old boring status where ppl must using boring like hell double chaos recipe instead of farming valuable scarabs and cant play any serious bosses or trying hardest things in game when leveling to not die(when leveling - this means whole league)...

Reason why I loved Betrayal was a possibility of playing everything and dying without pain until get enough pure breachstones to leveling whole single level,farming scarabs and selling them ,playing any content without any stress of dying until get another ammount of pures to make single next level...I get lvl 100 significaly fast when I understand how syndicate works and after that I was free to play any content - no stress about dying and that was a real pleasure...

If you really want to nerf pure breachstone so heavily - just double the exp needed for lvl 99-100 and remove penalty...or do something like in "Grim Dawn" game - after die we lost 10% exp but this exp is on the ground for 60 seconds - if we can pick it up we get back 9% and loosing only 1% - if we die again before pick it up or time will pass(those 60 seconds) we loose pernamently 10%...

This is better solution than current frustrating one...

Pls think about it...Now I going watch movie - I do not want to play in this league anymore after this announcment...That was like a blow in perineum...

I think it is extremely naive of you thinking they would keep pure breachstones as it is. They were above OP, almost rediculously tuned, even casual players leveling to 100 in a week or something. It was a huge mistake of the devs even intriducing these as it is obvious that they don't want people to get level 100 fast. Unbelievable it had came to this.
Anyway I don't mind, I don't care leveling to 100, never did never will, but still GGG has to make a clear decision. There is no way you can stop peopel from getting level 100 even after nerfing teh xp after 95 another dozen times as they did already.

But I seem to have been naive too, I was just hoarding cartograpgy scarabs to play around with in permanent after the league to run some map experiments (that's just something I likg to do), but now my 200+ scarabs are worthless from 8 March on and forward.

Apart from permanent, I'm not a fan of so many changes to items, mechanics, gems every 3 months. I play quite a lot (well compared to the average PoE player I think) and I can't find the time to keep up with all the changes. I don't mind betrayal going core, I love the chaos of all the old league mechanics in the core game, but literally nerfing all the most valuable things just makes most of us players feel bad. Heck I don't even think cartogragy scarabs were valuable, it was one of the cheapest scarabs apart from the shaper scarabs and consorts.
Last edited by leto2626 on Feb 25, 2019, 8:43:04 AM
So, again Harbour Bridge or Blood Aqueduct will be BEST THAN EVER place to farm/spam new content?

AGAIN 300+% movement speed builds will be N1 to be rich and farm 2000 chaos per hour?
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
You are seriously making the garbage syndicate core?

Welp, so much for this game. Toodles PoE, you were super fun in delve, but now you are just an exercise is tedium and pigheaded development. You would think that they would learn from there own statistics.

Syndicate.
Is.
Garbage.
Delve.
Is.
Fun.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info