Betrayal as a Core Game Mechanic

"
job0t wrote:
See you all in Last Epoch. I don't need any more 2-D Board Games in ARPG. BORING AF CONTENT!

Agreed! I too am out this next league.
This sentiment was summed up by a member of our design team who recently said "We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not."

YOLO!
The power of the spawned monsters is far above anything else that spawns in the maps. You need to balance the damage done by even the white mobs spawned from Betrayal if you're going to stop us locking away this boring, deadly and just plain annoying league.
For more detailed information, I do beta testing for $75 an hour.
ITT:

"Betrayal as a Core Game Mechanic"

can be translated to

"Delve as a Non-Core Game Mechanic"
Good that lore stays/comes back
They might as well just come out and say, "we know you enjoyed Delve league and was by far the most successful, but fuck you we are taking it out of the game completely".
Taking what was successful, and throwing it all away just to entice a new content. Kinda reminds me of Bethesda Games/EA/Blizzard/square enix.?
This sentiment was summed up by a member of our design team who recently said "We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not."

YOLO!
Last edited by TheRoyalShu on Feb 21, 2019, 9:39:16 PM
"
ShiRaekWon wrote:
What about the pure breachstones and scarabs that will be transfered to standard ? Are the changes retroactive or are we getting ''legacy'' breachstones and scarabs ? (Yes I know no one cares about standard, but it's a valid question nonetheless.)

So can anyone answer this?

I was saving some Pure Breachstones in order to power level this old favorite character of mine in Standard.
(But if the Existing Pure Breachstones are also getting nerfed, then I might as well just use them now in Betrayal league.)
"
Ciphernate wrote:
Man I see lots of people who aren't too happy about betrayal going core.
It adds a whole new mechanic that isn't just mindlessly killing stuff all the time like other league mechanics.
This league added charm to the game, something it lacked in the past imo.
People complain about games where player choices don't matter, well now you do make choices and yes it affects the game.
I don't understand these people, this league was objectively the best expansion in the history of poe, and with scarabs they pretty much made leaguestones core.
Like are these players even human?

Best league ever was Breach; Breach will always be King in my book.
Last edited by Frappy1202 on Feb 21, 2019, 9:40:45 PM
"
3. Weren't mentioned any balance changes of syndicate fights.[/b]
In Betrayal we were able to 'lock' syndicate encounters in research lab and do not interact with them at all because they are deadly (at least in red maps). In core we won't be able to do this because there will be guaranteed 3 different encounters. While i found this implementation of betrayal encounter great from game design point of view, i also have to say if we won't be able to avoid betrayal encounters during mapping in their current state - a lot of players will quit the game. Syndicate fights are unplayable in maps, they need to be greatly nerfed before they go core (for example, "syndicate members and their adds are not affected by map mods"), or give us checkbox "do not generate betrayal encounters in maps" in options (or any other way to prevent/avoid betrayal encounters in maps).

This is *MY* reason for going back to Standard,after losing so much exp to syndicate encounters.Non totem arc Elementalist (I know,I know),ripped bosses to shreds,was alch'n go up to T15 anyway,np at all..except when then syndicate spawned a transportation on on top of me,even in a yellow map if I couldn't get distance I was toast..
Finally locked Jun away,stopped dying,lvl'd to 92,went to standard after unlocking jun again and getting one shot several more times.If Betrayal encounters go core without a way to avoid them I may join the "waiting for 4.0" crowd. I loved all other leagues for last several years ,Betrayal the only one I've bailed on..
More Delve would be far preferable IMO,but nooo..Other changes to skills overhauls,new crafting,masters all good,but gating it all so you have to do all content is not the best idea,PoE was built on the virtually endless variety possible,now it's meta spellcaster,and path of trading for atlas maps
so you do master missions,etc..It's not the same game i fell in love with,and getting farther away from my ideal..sad..
Some mornings it's not worth chewing the straps off...
Last edited by WarHogg on Feb 21, 2019, 9:49:27 PM
It was hard/expensive enough to get sulfite as it was in betrayal. Now nerfing that even more? This hurts IMO. People wanna delve deep and you just can't do so with such low sulfite gains. Hope they back out of this one and un-nerf neko, or give us more ways to get sulfite. That one stings.
"
Its hard/expensive enough to get sulfite. Now nerfing that even more? People wanna delve deep and you just can't do so with such low sulfite gains.
can u stop fuck us? just forget delve now boys, wy make the game more hard? plz ggg, dont do that, its already hard enough jesus
Last edited by trezorzetto on Feb 21, 2019, 9:54:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info