Betrayal as a Core Game Mechanic

Just please make the next mechanic have a better reward/effort ratio. By mid league I was just ignoring betrayal to focus on delve.
"
Frogfriend wrote:
Delving is the only thing that makes the league worth playing longer than 2 weeks. Please don't remove it from the game like this.

Yeah, I wish they'd just rebalance delving and remove the sulphite requirement entirely. There needs to be an ALTERNATIVE to the Atlas that players can run non-stop if they so desire.
See you all in Last Epoch. I don't need any more 2-D Board Games in ARPG. BORING AF CONTENT!
Putting certain mods as shaper or elder only, is going to make them nearly impossible to get.

the you have to hope specific items drop - hope that specific item unveils a mod you need - and do that in a specific type of map at a certain map level.

thats 3 layers of RNG.

It's already awful as it is to try and gather these recipes, but this is going to make the entire process many times harder then it should be.
Last edited by Kunaak on Feb 21, 2019, 9:22:35 PM
"
job0t wrote:
See you all in Last Epoch. I don't need any more 2-D Board Games in ARPG. BORING AF CONTENT!

Wow, first time ever they did RPG element in ARPG game? HOW DARE THEY!
retired from forum because of censorship and discrimination
People loved the betrayal league because of all of the great transformation it made to the game (bestiary league fixed, new hideouts, veiled mods, etc).

Unfortunately the actual betrayal mechanic itself was a flop, people hated that confusing card game and it was frankly not worth the time investment. Also mobs were completely overtuned and annoying. I ended up just skipping all Betrayal encounters, and that is the first league I have EVER done that in a league.
Last edited by Stringtheory on Feb 21, 2019, 9:25:22 PM
"
Stringtheory wrote:
Unfortunately the actual betrayal mechanic itself was a flop, people hated that confusing card game and it was frankly not worth the time investment.

Personally i absolutely love this investigation board mechanics - it was the only reason why i didn't dropped league after 3 weeks in as i usually do.
retired from forum because of censorship and discrimination
"
carkasjak wrote:
"
Frogfriend wrote:
Delving is the only thing that makes the league worth playing longer than 2 weeks. Please don't remove it from the game like this.

Yeah, I wish they'd just rebalance delving and remove the sulphite requirement entirely. There needs to be an ALTERNATIVE to the Atlas that players can run non-stop if they so desire.

I totally agree with you on an alternative to just delve.
I hope they can see that Betrayal league suck ass, and can go pound sand, and let us enjoy the new and other league mechanics.
With the recent nerf to delve scarb, and low chance of encountering syndicate members to build up enough to get 1 sulphite scarb. They might as well just remove delve in its entirety. Its basically pulling us away from doing what we want to what we don't want. ( My personal opinion )
To me I enjoy the fuck out of Delve and was by far my fav, but I guess its just how they want us to experience this new league mechanic.
This sentiment was summed up by a member of our design team who recently said "We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not."

YOLO!
I'd love to see more explanation in the manifesto behind the sulphite scarab change:

It seems to be trying to address the popularity of the safehouses, rather than addressing the driving force of people feeling that delve is too inaccessible.

Can we expect further changes to the level of accessibility of delve in Sythesis?
Man I see lots of people who aren't too happy about betrayal going core.
It adds a whole new mechanic that isn't just mindlessly killing stuff all the time like other league mechanics.
This league added charm to the game, something it lacked in the past imo.
People complain about games where player choices don't matter, well now you do make choices and yes it affects the game.
I don't understand these people, this league was objectively the best expansion in the history of poe, and with scarabs they pretty much made leaguestones core.
Like are these players even human?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info