Voice Acting in Path of Exile

"
J4zzyJ wrote:
"
ohnpeat wrote:
Some of the voice work in PoE is excellent - in particular the guy who 'channeled David Attenborough" for Maligaro's lore pieces

At the opposite end - the guy who did Sin's voice when he takes the souls of the bosses sounds he gave not one single shit about the job - it sounds like Google Translate's voice thing!

Some of the Immortal Syndicate stuff isn't so great either - the guy in the mask sounds like his head is inside a bucket for some reason - who through that was a good idea?

There's also the issue of repetition and - as someone has said - the fact that some vocal lines are lost in the fights - too much, too cluttered - needed some work to smooth it out (that's actually a good description for 3.5 as a whole I think!!)

The way PoE has developed means that voicework has been layered on and it's mostly been subtle and the end result is good but the 3.5 work is - well - a bit all-over-the-place tbh

p.s. I can't forget the voice of Lady Dialla also deserves a HUZZAH!

You realise the voice of Sin is Chris Wilson right? I've always assumed they ran out of time making 3.0 so Chris stepped in at the last minute. That they haven't gone back and re-recorded those lines with a professional actor is either an affectation or an oversight. Also I hope it wasn't Nick who wrote those lines, because whoever did should be taken out the back and shot. They are so cringeworthy I want to punch the screen every time I hear them. If this was a deliberate design choice it is one I strongly disagree with.

As for Riker's voice - he is speaking through a Darth Vader / Bane mask, how is the sound of his voice not logical? (Maybe they can turn down the reverb a little).

That's interesting because Sin's voice and lines are among my favorites! I think Chris Wilson did a great job and I hope I'm not alone in that.
I like my loot like my steak - RARE
Izaro's Voice NUMBA ONE!
"
Souleus wrote:
I voiced the Cow King in D2 (among other fun stuff, but that's probably the piece that is most quickly recognizable). Interesting how little has changed in the world of voice compared to the world of graphics.

Not only does the cow king use the same audio files from the other cows in D2, but I've heard a former blizzard north employee say that those files were just made by sampling "moo"s from various developers around the office rather than through any real casting or other standard voice acting procedure.

So yeah, gonna call bullshit. Is this when you pivot and claim that was a typo for "ghost of the cow king in D3"?
"
Einhar captured the hearts of the community ?????
That guy gets the prize for the most annoying character ever on PoE. Please allow us to kill him in the next expansion.

Are we even playing the same game or are you just making things up on the behalf of the community?

At least ALL the people i played whit loved that crazy bastard.
Give a medal to the ones who dubbed Janus, Guff, It That Fled and Jorgin. Slap Aisling's (and maybe Vagan's) one's face and tell her never to try that shitty accent again. The rest is allright.
"
Erasculio wrote:
I'm dying to know if we will get more voiced lines for the main characters. I would love to know what the Witch thinks of returning to Oriath, or what the Templar thinks about after killing Innocence.
Marauder killing Tukohama, yea. Pretty much this.
Voice acting 10/10, comedic value 10/10, Timing 10/10, makes me want to move from Arizona to New Zealand 10/10.
flashback league or race?
Please FILM your behind the scenes stuff for history sake. Like behind the scenes of developing Delve League or smth like that. Upcoming leagues, film them :P

edit: Can contact me, I can fly over and film and edit if you provide shelter and food :D
Mathils actual cat
Last edited by HDTanel on Feb 13, 2019, 11:46:33 AM
"
IamLoco wrote:
So who thought it would be a good idea to make Vagan sound like a ... whiny baby?

"Only Fair I supppooose ! "

It always crack me up when I defeat him

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info