Voice Acting in Path of Exile

"
Exile009 wrote:
"
despite growing up in New Zealand, Bex sounds like an alien

shots fired

By someone who's obviously never been down south!
~DemiDemon~

Playing almost every day since Beta version 0.9.1 in 2011.
I'd really like more info about how Hillock or Guff's voice actors were directed :p
"
I'd really like more info about how Hillock or Guff's voice actors were directed :p

https://youtu.be/0bYY8m1Lb2I
I for one, would love to see some more main character acting in higher levels. The solution to creating more main character lines without using the old voice actors is to break them up by Ascendancies. In other words, once you gain an Ascendancy your voice changes based on your selection just the same as your portrait changes. A Berserker will have a different voice over from a Juggernaught. This will allow further uniqueness and character development towards the end game. it will also mean that instead of seven voice over streams you will have nineteen. i'm sure your budget can handle it eh? ;-)
Why do these ppl keep asking for race lol? Flashbacks were events firstly, not races and they started when the 9th week of the league began and ran concurrently with the league, until it ended. We're long past that point lol. In 2 days, the 11th week of the league starts, so obviously there's not gonna be any and GGG already said a long time ago, that they're probably not gonna do those anymore, cos it just burns people out before a new league so quiet down about it already.
Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.
Last edited by Paldamus on Feb 13, 2019, 4:42:05 AM
Is it promising to hope for the return of Eliot Christensen-Yule, Damian Caine, Regan Sharp, Sophie Hambleton, and Heidi O'Loughlin?
"
ohnpeat wrote:
Some of the voice work in PoE is excellent - in particular the guy who 'channeled David Attenborough" for Maligaro's lore pieces

At the opposite end - the guy who did Sin's voice when he takes the souls of the bosses sounds he gave not one single shit about the job - it sounds like Google Translate's voice thing!

Some of the Immortal Syndicate stuff isn't so great either - the guy in the mask sounds like his head is inside a bucket for some reason - who through that was a good idea?

There's also the issue of repetition and - as someone has said - the fact that some vocal lines are lost in the fights - too much, too cluttered - needed some work to smooth it out (that's actually a good description for 3.5 as a whole I think!!)

The way PoE has developed means that voicework has been layered on and it's mostly been subtle and the end result is good but the 3.5 work is - well - a bit all-over-the-place tbh

p.s. I can't forget the voice of Lady Dialla also deserves a HUZZAH!

You realise the voice of Sin is Chris Wilson right? I've always assumed they ran out of time making 3.0 so Chris stepped in at the last minute. That they haven't gone back and re-recorded those lines with a professional actor is either an affectation or an oversight. Also I hope it wasn't Nick who wrote those lines, because whoever did should be taken out the back and shot. They are so cringeworthy I want to punch the screen every time I hear them. If this was a deliberate design choice it is one I strongly disagree with.

As for Riker's voice - he is speaking through a Darth Vader / Bane mask, how is the sound of his voice not logical? (Maybe they can turn down the reverb a little).
I wanna see the Witch actress :)
"
ChaoticPesme wrote:

The funny part is in making his VO lines slightly squeaky, which is a nice touch.

https://streamable.com/3p0am
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
I've always been impressed by the quality of the writing and voice acting in PoE, especially the old texts found in the first 3 Acts, the one describing Kaom's battle with Lioneye's legion blew me away when i first started.
Last edited by TN_Sylar on Feb 13, 2019, 7:11:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info