Voice Acting in Path of Exile

Everything is always text, can't you guys start doing interviews using video equipement instead for the future?
PNJ voices deactivated for a long time on my side
Add einhar crossbow to the list of future uniuqes.
In order to get rid of clearspeed meta cap global movement speed at 100% but make all skills instant so everything feels great.
Is this Nick from the frontseatgamer podcast?
GitGud, GitNerfed, Repeat.
The voice "Lily Roth": awfull microphone on sounds "p" and "th". The volume goes up and down randomly in dialogues. For example, "Kitava" and "Virtue Gems", some introductions that can't be replayed again.

I hear her "pretty" and "procure" in my nightmires! But she reminds me Ygritte from GoT :)
Bring back Old Shaper Voice Actor !
"
Scallia wrote:
"
J4zzyJ wrote:
"
ohnpeat wrote:
Some of the voice work in PoE is excellent - in particular the guy who 'channeled David Attenborough" for Maligaro's lore pieces

At the opposite end - the guy who did Sin's voice when he takes the souls of the bosses sounds he gave not one single shit about the job - it sounds like Google Translate's voice thing!

Some of the Immortal Syndicate stuff isn't so great either - the guy in the mask sounds like his head is inside a bucket for some reason - who through that was a good idea?

There's also the issue of repetition and - as someone has said - the fact that some vocal lines are lost in the fights - too much, too cluttered - needed some work to smooth it out (that's actually a good description for 3.5 as a whole I think!!)

The way PoE has developed means that voicework has been layered on and it's mostly been subtle and the end result is good but the 3.5 work is - well - a bit all-over-the-place tbh

p.s. I can't forget the voice of Lady Dialla also deserves a HUZZAH!

You realise the voice of Sin is Chris Wilson right? I've always assumed they ran out of time making 3.0 so Chris stepped in at the last minute. That they haven't gone back and re-recorded those lines with a professional actor is either an affectation or an oversight. Also I hope it wasn't Nick who wrote those lines, because whoever did should be taken out the back and shot. They are so cringeworthy I want to punch the screen every time I hear them. If this was a deliberate design choice it is one I strongly disagree with.

As for Riker's voice - he is speaking through a Darth Vader / Bane mask, how is the sound of his voice not logical? (Maybe they can turn down the reverb a little).

That's interesting because Sin's voice and lines are among my favorites! I think Chris Wilson did a great job and I hope I'm not alone in that.

Fine work indeed, if a little dispassionate, but I imagine it in that sort of "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" angle, M is not one to dramatize or obfuscate while the direction of MI6's finest is on the line.

Our teenage niece has a terrible crush on Sin I think. She's only level 55, she'll grow out of it.

Our favourites by far are the Syndicate. Especially when they're down and you actually get to listen to their trash talk, whinging, wheedling, and backstabbing.

I personally have a soft spot for Zana, who doesn't want to invite a hot redhead to cohabit? And Greust, so sad we won't get to hear "Exiles...*spits*" in future Acts.

Hoping we get called to go help Lilly and Weylam with their salvage operation 5000 fathoms down in the sunken ruins of Tsoatha. Weylam has me rollin in my chair laughing with his "compass".
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
Voice Acting is great, but silence after Act 4 is very depressing
"
J4zzyJ wrote:

Spoiler
"
ohnpeat wrote:
Some of the voice work in PoE is excellent - in particular the guy who 'channeled David Attenborough" for Maligaro's lore pieces

At the opposite end - the guy who did Sin's voice when he takes the souls of the bosses sounds he gave not one single shit about the job - it sounds like Google Translate's voice thing!

Some of the Immortal Syndicate stuff isn't so great either - the guy in the mask sounds like his head is inside a bucket for some reason - who through that was a good idea?

There's also the issue of repetition and - as someone has said - the fact that some vocal lines are lost in the fights - too much, too cluttered - needed some work to smooth it out (that's actually a good description for 3.5 as a whole I think!!)

The way PoE has developed means that voicework has been layered on and it's mostly been subtle and the end result is good but the 3.5 work is - well - a bit all-over-the-place tbh

You realise the voice of Sin is Chris Wilson right? I've always assumed they ran out of time making 3.0 so Chris stepped in at the last minute. That they haven't gone back and re-recorded those lines with a professional actor is either an affectation or an oversight. Also I hope it wasn't Nick who wrote those lines, because whoever did should be taken out the back and shot. They are so cringeworthy I want to punch the screen every time I hear them. If this was a deliberate design choice it is one I strongly disagree with.

As for Riker's voice - he is speaking through a Darth Vader / Bane mask, how is the sound of his voice not logical? (Maybe they can turn down the reverb a little).

Nope voice over is not done by Chris.
It was already confirmed by Bex in March,2018 that Sin's voice actor is Andrew Robertt.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2098242/page/1#p15324887
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
"
gandhar0 wrote:
"
J4zzyJ wrote:

Spoiler
"
ohnpeat wrote:

Nope voice over is not done by Chris.
It was already confirmed by Bex in March,2018 that Sin's voice actor is Andrew Robertt.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2098242/page/1#p15324887

Wow. Good to know. So he sounds exactly like Chris, and does a terrible job of reading some of the worst lines I've ever seen/heard. Can't win them all I guess.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info