Winners of the Hideout Competition

Wow! Gratz to all
Censored.
As usual, GGG has done it again with another fail judging imo.

There are so many better and well made hideouts submitted yet they selected mostly mediocre entries as so called winners, not even 50% of those selected deserve to be winners.

For once, just let the players shortlist and vote to select the winners. Have proper categories instead of your vague judging criteria that no one knows such as "will select winners with MTX and without".

And well done to those that actually deserved to win with their great creations, now we hope GGG won't forget about hideouts for the next 2 years.

[3.7]Chaos Agnostic - CRAZY Life & Mana Sustain!!!:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2590042

[S1E8]Hideout of the week, Mausoleum of Bones: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1088469
Last edited by 174nana on Feb 7, 2019, 10:00:00 PM
"
guggelhupf wrote:
im sure im the first who say this. i dont think derrok deserves the top 3 with his dragons nest. its just because he is so popular and they know the community WANT him see in the top 3 no matter if his hideout is good or not compared to others. the moment he posted his hideout in reddit and it got upvoted to onblivion the decision was made no matter which hideout came after his. thats a thing which makes me a bit sad about this contest. (dont get me worng. his other hideouts are way better. but this is just "meh" compared to many other hideouts in this contest).

Have to agree for the most part. More in answer to the discussion down in my post.

"
Shootinshark wrote:
50 hours of work and I didn't even make the top 30

Same. Guess i top 50. But it is fine. I get compliments all the time for my work from people at random trades/rotas and I like it, which makes it ofc more special then a copied one.

"

Just because you don't care for his submission and BELIEVE people agree with you doesn't make it fact.

I'm not even surprised he won, since watching submission videos I kept thinking "doesn't beat DerroK yet." Only a few were even in his ballpark.

Your tone is way to aggressive for a reasonable critique. If you follow Derroks work you have to know he can do WAY better then this thematic bit incorrehent HO that relies WAY to much on 3x 35 dollar mtx pets for effect.

Don't get me wrong, Derrok getting a Top 3 just by proxy for his work is something i am totaly fine with. Derrok is great and even this HO would be deserving of top 10/30, but it just doesnt even hold a candle to the other top 3/5.

Sure u may want to address this as being false. but you do understand that he argument boils down that it is good work, but not his greatest and he got carried by his overall work. In my book this is the biggest compliment you can give to someone and I am for myself are fine with that.

It is fair to say Derrok is top 3 for his community without a doubt, his HO was not.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall I liked that the contest got reactivated with the change. I got great satisfaction from working and finishing on my own HO.

But to move forward we have to improve on several things:

Favor and Deco prices are obvious.

While I dislike the tone of 174nana, I think he has a valid point. The time for unknown comitee is a bit over, we kneed voting system and we need categories.

Gz at the Top 30. Will have to take some time to look into yours and see how you kicked my ass in this xD

PS: I dont want kids, but @Sie_Sayoka: Have my babies. Jesus that HO is quite literally out of this world. You put it on showcase pls?
Last edited by xardas149 on Feb 7, 2019, 10:34:33 PM
This is good, but how could I be overlooked AGAIN?
Oops! Thought it was the crochet competition. Sorry, my mistake. My bad! Forgive?
"
174nana wrote:
As usual, GGG has done it again with another fail judging imo.

There are so many better and well made hideouts submitted yet they selected mostly mediocre entries as so called winners, not even 50% of those selected deserve to be winners.

For once, just let the players shortlist and vote to select the winners. Have proper categories instead of your vague judging criteria that no one knows such as "will select winners with MTX and without".

And well done to those that actually deserved to win with their great creations, now we hope GGG won't forget about hideouts for the next 2 years.

Derrok is the one who seems to be getting the most controversy in the comments here, but I'm pretty sure if you put it to player votes he'd still win by a landslide. He's just got that much cred. And Sie_Sayoka would be a safe guess for second, who's also well-known and admired. So your vote would likely mostly be shuffling only the rest of the winners, not the top 2.
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
174nana wrote:

Derrok is the one who seems to be getting the most controversy in the comments here, but I'm pretty sure if you put it to player votes he'd still win by a landslide. He's just got that much cred. And Sie_Sayoka would be a safe guess for second, who's also well-known and admired. So your vote would likely mostly be shuffling only the rest of the winners, not the top 2.

As my post indicated I believe this to be the truth. Yet it is still a way other validation if this resulted would really have come out of a voting.

Such things are always to some extend pupularity contests. Like every award. Why not just let people vote then, so there won't be any problem besides some randos who claim "ofc publicity has no taste". I would also claim that nobody thinks or should think derroks HO is bad. Some of the visiuals are obviously great. His theme is just incredible weak. The idle elements are in a way to big contrast to the title and dragon element AND no matter how u put it, this HO is just way to much depended on way over the top mtx spendingf for effect.
There were just easily enough HOs with a way better and coherant theme that had more then enough quality in execution aswell to be considered better.

In the end it is obv subjective, but I have a feeling Sie_Sayoka will not face this discussion. Why? Because this HO is better/equal then the name value of Sie_Sayoka.
Well, not surprised i don't stand a chance when entries of this magnitude where also in the race!

Great HOs! Every single one!
How do you get your pets to stay in place? Mine run around like crazy. Do you have to lock them in with decorations?
Congrats :)
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info