Flame Totem Rework

"
DiceeciD wrote:
This extreme additive design is not adding depth to the skills you're reworking, it's just making them more contrived and singular. Having skills do this AND this AND this AND this is not making them more interesting and is taking away from one of the core premises of this game, using skill gems and support gems to create unique skill set-ups. Instead it's like you're just doing the job for us, and in introducing more passive support gems that only serve to increase damage output, it's taking away the challenge of creating builds, by just doing the job for us.

Betrayal in terms of content and simplifying masters and crafting was great, but this, this ain't it chief.

No, don't you see? They're giving us the nodes on the tree and the consecrated ground so we can build into that specific archetype which they have deemed appropriate and they created just for us! This way of playing wouldn't exist without them, so be thankful.

Oh, you wanted a spellcasting Berserker? Fuck you, this is 2019 Path of Exile, now have some more Ascendancy-specific ailment and debuff clusters which don't matter.
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
Doesn't this step on the toes of both Shockwave Totem and Rejuvenation Totem? Weird rework imo. And does this mean Flame Totem can now be used to counter the drawback of Soul Mantle?

Also Sulphur Flasks now compete with Diamond Flasks for nova skills (like Ice Nova, Vortex, EK Nova, etc.). In fact they're better since they also grant life regeneration AND give you 40% increased damage AND can store upto 4 uses...

Anyway, I hope the other skill you're planning on reworking is Freeze Mine. Now that Ele Hit is resuscitated, I'd say Freeze Mine is the skill that most stands out as really having no place in the game as it is. Other possibilities could be Vigilant Strike or maybe even Smoke Mine.
Last edited by Exile009 on Feb 4, 2019, 8:14:00 PM
"
Most new skills (like the brands) are gimicky and hard to use. That's why noone is actually using them. Don't make another one.

Brands are "hard to use"? And "noone is actually using them"? Lol!
fire gc totem that also gives warding and diamond flask bonuses <3
drenched 👌
-----
blue blade flurry mtx plssss
also crystal earth shatter
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
Most new skills (like the brands) are gimicky and hard to use. That's why noone is actually using them. Don't make another one.

Only 5% of the players in the game have used either of the brand skills this league and Arma Brand is just above the 50th most used skill, so he has a very good point.

The skills are kind of in a weird place too, where you need to take a pile of skill tree related nodes to scale either of the brand skills up & outside of the levelling process, there's pretty much a big number of substantially better skill options for any ascendancy that you would use a brand for.

Most players who tried either brand skill abandoned them for any number of better options a month + ago, with the skills now mostly being relegated to a secondary role in minion builds to proc EE easily - however even that purpose for it is likely gone next league, as the dev's are planning on gutting/removing the EE node on the tree.
"
Adambjjoz wrote:
"
Exile009 wrote:
"

Only 5% of the players in the game have used either of the brand skills this league and Arma Brand is just above the 50th most used skill, so he has a very good point.

5% is a good number lol. That's on par with, say, Tornado Shot and almost as much as BV or EleHit. The most used skill of all (WOrb) is only at 11% and it's one of only 3 skills in the double digits. Almost every skill is 6% or less, and there's only 11 skills at 5% or more (and the majority of those are at 5% aka on par with brands). Plus it's well-accepted that brands are great for leveling, which those stats won't reflect.

If you want an example of the new skills that really have bombed, just look at the performance of the two Steel skills.
Last edited by Exile009 on Feb 4, 2019, 8:21:53 PM
please make spark not need pierce gem, thanks
Well, this makes little to no sense. *Flame* Totem dealing physical damage. Alrighty then.

This sounds more like a new skill entirely: Divine Totem. You could've created this as a new skill and given it some kind of synergy with Flame Totem. And then you could've buffed Flame Totem by undoing some of the many nerfs it received in years past.

But no. I guess this is the easiest way to "balance" a skill. Let it take advantage of the most broken mechanic in the game, physical-to-elemental conversion, and call it a day.
https://redd.it/p0hyul
i dont like this, this dsnt seem like a flame totem anymore. rework flame totem but do it flame thing, else just make a new skill divine totem
Thanks for the continued updates and encouraging us to share our feedback.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info