[3.8] DoomHerald | All Content | Millions+ DPS MirageArcher | 7k+ Life | 600+ Delves | 5-Link only

"
Erdagguey wrote:
When i switched from Doomfletch to Doomfletch's Prism, my damage doesnt change a lot in the tooltip of RoA. The elemental damage is kinda the same.
Is it bugged?
11-236 Lightning -> 11-234
14-32 Fire -> 14-32
30-66 Cold -> 30-65
Why doesnt it get up?

The in-game tooltip is about as useless as a knitted condom.

As you witnessed yourself it doesn't deal well with Damage conversion. Then it also doesn't offer any information that affects DPS but does not affect your character but the enemy. (All sort of curses, debuffs, status effects, elemental ailments, bleeds, poison or penetration mechanics)

It is kinda useful if you know what it does and how it approaches its damage calculation - but for most people who expect to see an effective dps numbers as in: how quickly do I kill shit - it is super duper useless and missleading.

Use PoB for any and all dps calculation if you do not know how that stuff works.

Cheers o/
I have about 2 ex and 50 chaos left, want to spend all of these in this league. No idea how Can I improve my dmg, it's only 22k now. Looking for tombfists with 2 abyssals or try to improve all jewels?
So, thoughts about the planned changes to scourge arrow?

"
Scourge Arrow
Scourge Arrow's base weapon damage has been lowered, but the skill now deals added Chaos Damage that grows as the gem levels. The skill was often used with builds adding elemental damage, so this change is intended to give it a greater reward to Chaos damage based builds while also improving its usability while leveling.
"
Viktranka wrote:
So, thoughts about the planned changes to scourge arrow?

"
Scourge Arrow
Scourge Arrow's base weapon damage has been lowered, but the skill now deals added Chaos Damage that grows as the gem levels. The skill was often used with builds adding elemental damage, so this change is intended to give it a greater reward to Chaos damage based builds while also improving its usability while leveling.

same :D
Depending on the numbers it propably wrecks this build with Scourge Arrow.

But since this build can basically play any and all bow skills (and most of them are getting changes/buffs) it is propably still viable one way or another.

That this build isn't dependant on a watcher's eye will propably also make it a good choice in general.

Obviously I can't say anything concrete till the changes are live and then propably not very soon either since I do not tend to play the same builds twice. (Also by now I have like 4 build-guides and it becomes a bit much to keep them updated >.<)
"

Scourge ArrowNow deals 28% of base damage at gem level 1 (from 40%), up to 35% at gem level 20 (from 49%).Now adds 20 to 30 Chaos Damage at gem level 1, up to 113 to 169 at gem level 20.

As I do very very much like this build I don't think it's a really hard nerf. But damage conversion stuff is tricky.
Maybe the Barrage Support gem gets a nice Interaction with scourge arrow - that would compensate :-)
Last edited by xsmilingbanditx on Dec 12, 2019, 11:53:42 AM
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:
But since this build can basically play any and all bow skills (and most of them are getting changes/buffs) it is propably still viable one way or another.
Can it work with the "new and improved" blast rain? Or does it need to be a physical bow skill.
Is this build viable for 3.9? I want to play a bow build as a starter.
I don't know about you guys, but my DoomHerald + Scourge arrow is dead. Still pretty good for mapping, but it's terrible against bosses. I'll try using other skills later.

I hope someone finds a way to make this build viable.
"
M4gnific wrote:
I don't know about you guys, but my DoomHerald + Scourge arrow is dead. Still pretty good for mapping, but it's terrible against bosses. I'll try using other skills later.

I hope someone finds a way to make this build viable.

dude your gear, namely jewels and jewelry and the god awful quiver, is not right for this build. No wonder you think this build is dead. Why stack flat ele damage when the whole purpose of a doomfletcher is to stack flat phys

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info