[3.8] DoomHerald | All Content | Millions+ DPS MirageArcher | 7k+ Life | 600+ Delves | 5-Link only

"
artifleur wrote:
Thank you for your making this guide.

I had the same idea of using Doomfletch's Prism and a lot of added physical damage but I was missing a few pieces, most importantly Shroud of the Lightless.

I do have a few questions and remarks. I'm fairly new to the game so I may I have a few misconceptions and anything worth more than one exalted orb is out of reach for me.

I'm surprised to see that nobody mentioned Vicious Projectiles Support which is strictly better than both Elemental Damage with Attacks Support and Damage on Full Life Support. Am I missing something?

Chance to Bleed Support may lose to other supports once you have plenty of good abyss jewels but it's great when leveling and should be mentioned somewhere if only because it's the only support with added physical damage.

I'm not sure about the choice of slayer as second spec. I intend to use my Soul Tether belt, so slayer would only give me immunity to reflected physical damage (I'm using Tornado Shot so it could be useful) at the cost of 50% less life leech.

Somebody mentioned that Jeweller's Touch doesn't work with Shroud of the Lightless due to its abyss socket. How should I procede in order to get 5 linked colored sockets on it?

You don't mention Abyssus. Is it too suicidal?

Circle of Guilt is very cheap on the Blight league server but very expensive on Standard. Does it mean that it doesn't drop on Standard? Or can I expect the price on Standard to go down sooner or later? I don't have any character on Blight.

Cheers.

Viciuous Projectiles is a good support, yes. It does less dps then Elemental Damage or Damage on Full Life though. You can switch it in though if you want, for sure.

Chance to Bleed Support falls really off compared to the other supports later on and I feel like leveling with the video guide provided is kinda a joke anyhow.

Soul Tether and other such variations are in the thread, a couple pages back. I do not include all possible variations of how bow build could be built (soul tether, lions eye jewel, going slayer, going for a super expensive double/tripple hatred watchers eye, farruls etc pp.) since I do not want to overwhelm people with a lot of stuff.
People who do know about this stuff can and are encouraged to make their own decisions based on their knowledge - I want to keep this guide fairly clean and straightforward though in its design - which means a fairly tanky bow build that uses no fancy or rare rolls on rare items. (There are the abyssal jewels - but since we have like 12 or so in the build things even out a lot better gearing/cost wise then everyone competing for the same two mods on for example a watchers eyes)

Jewellers Touch apparently doesn't work, that is correct. Just 5link it on the bench for 150 fuses and be done with it? Nothing fancy required here. On the bench it counts as a 5link.

Abyssus is very suicidal without some solid mitigation (thats why you usually only find it on juggernaughts) and its crit multi only works for melee skills. So it just kinda stinks compared with a two abyssal socket hale negator.

Prices for Circle of Guilts depend *a lot* on which rolls it has. Make sure to check for it. The good ones cost 10ex+.
Thank you!
Guys what can I do to start stacking my dmg? I have only 1700dps on scourge arrow (I have bow already with 4 heralds) and I'm starting to feel lack of dmg. With pack of white monsters she is dealing very fast but some stronger monsters or bosses are truly pain.
Are there some core passives i should priorytize or invest in some items?
"
mordSlowik wrote:
Guys what can I do to start stacking my dmg? I have only 1700dps on scourge arrow (I have bow already with 4 heralds) and I'm starting to feel lack of dmg. With pack of white monsters she is dealing very fast but some stronger monsters or bosses are truly pain.
Are there some core passives i should priorytize or invest in some items?

If you make your character public then we can take a look at what you have going on.
I think I've done this now, sorry I'm new player and I didn't know about that setting.
"
mordSlowik wrote:
I think I've done this now, sorry I'm new player and I didn't know about that setting.

The skills in your chest are not linked. You are playing Scourge arrow with two support links.

It is propably not worth it to link that chest - I would try to buy a Shroud as soon as you can and link that.

If you really can't afford a shroud try to 5link your chest, and try to get some abyss gear rolling in your other itemslots. Make sure your abyss jewels have +life and +phys damage.

The Bow alone does not make the build.
Last edited by Cyrix1337 on Oct 17, 2019, 12:33:08 PM
Thanks for your reply. I can afford armor, but I still need 10 levels to wear it, so I will try to get that levels asap and equiping armor.
BTW If I have 5 links in armor, does it matter in what order are they?
"
mordSlowik wrote:
Thanks for your reply. I can afford armor, but I still need 10 levels to wear it, so I will try to get that levels asap and equiping armor.
BTW If I have 5 links in armor, does it matter in what order are they?

No! Only the colours matter in our case.

Order can matter for 'Cast when Damage Taken' setups but it isn't relevant in this build.
At what point should I switch from RoA to Scourge arrow? So far I'm in A7 with RoA- Mirage Archer- Onslaught- Concen.Sup- Elemental Dmg- Added Lightning.
"
HentaTenta wrote:
At what point should I switch from RoA to Scourge arrow? So far I'm in A7 with RoA- Mirage Archer- Onslaught- Concen.Sup- Elemental Dmg- Added Lightning.

Whenever you want. You do not ever 'need' to switch.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info