Developer Interview - Matt, Narrative Designer

I’m not one to explore the lore in game. But always thought it adds richness and flavour to the game. And thoroughly enjoy learning more about lore through other medium. Hoping to see POE’s flesh out further.
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
Fantastic interview. I love the small behind the scenes insights, especially the screenshot of the spreadsheet.
Lore, YES
Please consider expanding lore related to Delve
Flavour text of the rings (Uzaza, Ahkeli, Putembo) feel like fragments of a uncomplete story of an ancient civilization and their leaders/kings, and how Aul leaded his people to rise against Putembo(?) (Aul's uprising), probably succeesfully (Crown of the tyrant). This story caught my attention the most and it would be really really nice if you could put more hints about it.
Other delve bosses feel like expansions of the Vaal (Ahuatotli) and the Abyss (Kurgal), but im mostly interested in Aul.
More of these please. Also, PoE NOVELS! Even eBooks would be cool. Graphic Novels and fan fic only go so far. We need written cannon stories!
It's Always Sunny in Wraeclast!
Great interview! Looking forward to encountering more lore in the game! Welcome to the team Matt! Keep up the great work, all of you!
"Though evil endures, and legends don't die, the hero exists in a blink of time's eye"
"
I was waiting for something like this :)

Nick Kolan next one please!

They interviewed Nick in 2017.
Saved
"
I was waiting for something like this :)

Nick Kolan next one please!

Just listen to the Front Seat Podcast, it's great stuff.
Ok, I need to find some of this graffiti now.
ps4 2026 release? 15.03.2019!!!rip
The answer to the "Do you have a favourite storyline in the game?" question was amazing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info