Developer Interview - Matt, Narrative Designer

Lore in PoE is extremely fragmented and inconsistent in some areas. This is of course to be expected as the content of each expansion is decided a few months before it launches and there is no "greater lore" from which to draw from.
It would be nice if that changed and the new stuff actually fit with the existing content instead of being a totally unrelated story (delve, harbingers, beyond etc).
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
Loved this interview. Have read it a few times now. Thank you.
PoE's lore kinda lacks grandness and edginess, feels too real and than not real enough.
Im an alltime Dks fan and I think nothing's cooler than all those dank badasses rotting in darkness and deapair, I'll admit it.

If a realistic feeling world is your aim, you might be missing me, cause even IRL history is pure snooze material for me.
hi Matt, awesome work mate!! greetings from greece :D
good interview.
Nice to see somebody else who is a 'fan of the dots' ... know what I mean? LOL

Thanks for giving us some great lines this league, it really adds to the texture and richness of the game.

Keep it up!
So, why was Catarina the mastermind again (besides master of the dead HURR HURR, could have just written different motives to fix that) when nothing in her personality pre-betrayal gave indications of her motives in betrayal? what happened to tora opinion of vagan?
Juns speech when you meet her is completely vomited down your throat and doesnt really marry with exile at that point. (hell, why the fuck is the exile a goody-two-shoes that helps everyone? it doesnt fit with a few of them, but that is a problem in the game writing direction by default)

Hopefully the writing will be better from now on. Probably more Im forgetting, I havent read the lore in years and even I noticed those
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Feb 9, 2019, 12:17:18 PM
It would be nice if that changed and the new stuff actually fit with the existing content instead of being a totally unrelated story
Just do things what you want to do. If you don’t like writing, don’t do it. And if you are interested in writing, start with telling you about things that you know very well. So this is the way how you can become a writer. If you don’t interest in writing at all, do check the essayswriting.org reviews. Don't waste your time and ask for help from people who can do it better. I use the tool all the time. Why don’t you try?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info