Path of Exile 3.6.0 will not support Windows XP or Vista

Well, I'm screwed :(

Thanks for the heads up.
"
Orcasauce wrote:

"
lordplenty wrote:
I applaud this and every other step that brings PoE closer to being mobile compatible!

Spoiler
But seriously, I get 'dropping the XP support' part, but I know a few ppl for whom dx9 is the only option (old GPU's)

Edit: For all those laughing at winXP users - I still use c64, DOS, win 3.11 and win95.

Don't saddle me with your misguided desire to run old hardware. If you want to run old hardware play old games. Asking studios to support your ancient hardare/software is akin to the Amish demanding home construction code require compatibility with their butter churns and buggies.

'Do you guys not have phones?'

First of all, don't assume. You know the saying. While indeed dx9 runs better than dx11 on my PCs, I know people for whom it's either dx9 or nothing.

Secondly, I play old games on various platforms from the last 40 years, emulations and hardware. As you can imagine, I'm not a huge sucker for graphics in games (otherwise I wouldn't play PoE), but gameplay.

My problem is that every GGG promise of performance improvement in the GPU department so far was void for me. While PoE looks a tad better than, say, 3 years ago, it still works like a hog. Devs were always claiming that modifying the graphic settings such as textures or shadows didn't change much, but it did (on dx9). I bet they were testing both modes on a cutting-edge gaming PCs. And yes, this matters to me more than updated water effect.

A chunk of PoE player base isn't wealthy (free2play game, right?), and those will be forced to upgrade their hardware or quit. I guess that's the price of the GGG 'merger' with Tencent. F2P players and maintaining code costs resources. Money matters.

Unless I'll see REAL improvement in PoE performance, I'm sticking with this interpretation - it's a first step in getting rid of non-paying player base.

Your entire argument boils down to 'buy new expensive sh*t, it's better'. Thank you Captain Obvious.

PoE was meant and maintained for the caveman. Since Tencent, I can't wait for the announcement on future android client!
Last edited by lordplenty on Jan 29, 2019, 3:05:39 AM
"
Scotteh7 wrote:
You guys all need to relax, doesn't take much effort to move to windows 8.1 / 10.

where can I buy legit oem win 8.1?
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
I am very surprised that this announcement dont get (much) more responses.
--
:[
"
Mr_Cee wrote:

25+ Pages is quite alot of comments to be fair. Disabling Shadows should be made possible if it ever comes to a point. Not everybody streams and most of us want performance and stability which does help alot with turning off the shadows.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
I am seriously hoping for steamplay support soon.
It's somewhat of a hassle to set up Lutris (as per https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/9x47or/guide_getting_path_of_exiledx11_to_run_smoothly/), works fine though once up and running.
There won't be a reason to run windows for me then.
"
Br3edage wrote:
My laptop cant run POE while using direct x 11. I have windows 10 on it and can run the game just fine using direct x 9.

are you telling me that you no longer wanting me to play the game ?
No, they are telling they give zero fucks about people using dx9.
"
"
Mr_Cee wrote:

25+ Pages is quite alot of comments to be fair. Disabling Shadows should be made possible if it ever comes to a point. Not everybody streams and most of us want performance and stability which does help alot with turning off the shadows.

It's not like 'very few', its probably even above average on announcements, but I had guessed that it would more skyrocket; on reddit now it is >1100 posts...
--
Last edited by Mr_Cee on Jan 29, 2019, 8:57:55 AM
"
BlowITA wrote:
Ok, but please don't end windows 7 support until the sucessor of windows 10 shows up. I'm planning to get a new computer with the new os when it is released (and I hope that coincides with the release of DDR5 memories and its complying motherboards, so that I can kill three birds with one stone).

There will be no windows 11 or such, windows 10 will get feature updates like we are seeing now, each adding new features and support for new tech.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info