[3.10] 🐉 Dragon's Breath Elementalist - Incinerate

will u update this guide day before start or after? im wondering cuz want to start league with it
"
seepley wrote:
will u update this guide day before start or after? im wondering cuz want to start league with it

I will update it as soon as they update Path of Building with new tree and gems.
It will not be much different than it is now. Feel free to start the league with the PoB i have atm if they are late with the new stuff.
But i think it will all be ready before the start.
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Mar 4, 2019, 1:44:50 PM
thanks m8 really appreciate ur work
It seems like the passive area we're interested in will get changed a lot and with many potentially interesting points being added/modified for cast speed, "X while channeling" and stats for casters with staves.

Also the crit going to 0% now means we can't use CD + EO, if I understand it correctly. We probably need to stick Increased Critical somehow to Orb of Storms to make it work again and replace CD with something more useful, probably one of the new spell support skills.

Arcane Surge also gains a damage multiplier with higher levels now but I'm not sure if we can get it to a higher level and still be able to trigger it in this setup?

EDIT:

Actually, I'm not sure about the CD + EO thing. CD means Incinerate can't crit, but Orb of Storms is not linked to CD so it should be able to crit and trigger EO normally?
Last edited by Myzreal on Mar 5, 2019, 3:46:58 AM
Probably just mean we swap CD out for one of the new support gem like Intensify support, assuming it works with channelling... we'll see...

(It was renamed)

without CD in the link, you'd still llikely have around 5-6% crit without trying too hard.
Last edited by TunaMana on Mar 5, 2019, 11:30:45 PM
If we use Orb of Storms to trigger EO with crits then it doesn't matter that Incinerate has 0% crit chance, unless I'm mistaken?

Intensity seems to be there to replace the traditional Increased Area of Effect / Concentrated Effect swapping for mapping/bosses, so you can now run with a single support and have short AOE bursts for clear and long casts for focused damage. That might work with this build, then there's still CD that either needs to be swapped or not, depending on whether Orb of Storms is enough to reliably trigger EO.

Also the new support gems are rumored to have "insane" amounts of more spell damage.

EDIT:

Whoa, I missed the new Infused Channelling Support - it grants reduced physical damage taken when channelling and also gives more damage of the type of linked skills when channelling. Seems like a must have, possibly instead of CD.
Last edited by Myzreal on Mar 6, 2019, 2:35:33 AM
From Patch Notes:

"
Added a new notable near Eldrich Battery: Arcane Expanse - The notable grants 15% increased Spell Damage, 10% increased Area of Effect if you've Killed Recently, 10% increased Area of Effect for Spell Skills, and +10 to Intelligence. The two preceding passives grant a total of 20% increased Spell Damage and 10% increased Area of Effect for Spell Skills.

Added a new cluster north of the Witch: Enigmatic Reach - The notable grants 8% increased Attack Speed with Staves, 8% increased Cast Speed while wielding a Staff, 3% increased Area of Effect per Power Charge, and 10% increased Area of Effect while Wielding a Staff. The two small preceding passives grant a total of 16% increased Area of Effect while wielding a Staff, 3% increased Attack Speed with Staves and 3% increased Cast Speed while wielding a Staff.

Added a new cluster next to Instability north of the Witch: Enigmatic Defense - The notable grants 5% chance to Block Spell Damage while wielding a Staff, 15% increased Spell Damage while wielding a Staff, 10% chance to gain Unholy Might on Block for 3 seconds, and +5% chance to Block Attack Damage while wielding a Staff. The other passives in the cluster grant 44% increased Spell Damage while wielding a Staff, +6% to Chaos Resistance, +2% chance to Block Spell Damage while wielding a Staff, and +2% chance to block Attack Damage while wielding a Staff, spread across 4 passives.

Is this as potent for this build as I'm thinking? Ontop of the outright buff to Incinerate itself in the patch:

"
Incinerate

Mana Cost at gem level 1 is now 2 (was 3).
Mana Cost at gem level 20 is now 4 (was 5).
Now gains radius and radius per stage as the gem levels, up to +5 radius per stage (from +4) and +19 radius at max stages at gem level 20 (from +15).
Now deals 3 to 5 Fire damage at gem level 1 (unchanged) and 140 to 210 Fire damage at level 20 (from 129 to 194).

I'm guessing this build just got a whole lot more powerful and impressive?
Vaal Righteous fire got nerfed so a small loss for max burst I would think. Overall some nice buffs and yea hopefully one of the new supports is as good as cd. Its hard to tell until PoB gets update.
Openarl released an update to PoB - it now contains the new passive tree and uniques. Changes to skill gems and new skill gems will be added after release, but at least we can adjust the tree now.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/axxu48/path_of_building_v14130_36_passive_tree/
"
Myzreal wrote:
Openarl released an update to PoB - it now contains the new passive tree and uniques. Changes to skill gems and new skill gems will be added after release, but at least we can adjust the tree now.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/axxu48/path_of_building_v14130_36_passive_tree/

well I need something fresh for my starter so Incinerate and CWC fireball it is

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info