[3.10] 🐉 Dragon's Breath Elementalist - Incinerate

"
"
Pileggi wrote:
Great looking build and great work. I'm a new player, been using a different incinerate build which is worse than yours(was really cheap though, cant fault it for a first build to players with literally 0 knowledge like me) I'm trying to get things as close to yours as I can before new league so I can get a better feel. I am running about half your build and half old build right now and already seen a very decent increase on damage. It really suprised me how much dps comes from hypothermia compared to fire pen support!

Just one question: How to go about crafting 5B 1G link on the marty'r staff? Or is the shaper crafted easier to obtain? Running 6l chest instead right now which is easy to find, 4L 6 socket martyr which I am just using for auras and redundant gems from previos build for now.

Thanks!

Tnx for the nice words. :)

If I understood correctly you want to know which staff is easier to get 5B 1G colors?

It's pretty much the same chance to get those colors on Martyr or Shaper staff. To get those colors by spamming Chromatic orbs average required amount by calculator is ~120 Chrom. orbs.

Thanks! I got a 6 link martyr and changed the colours on the crafting bench as it was corrupted and cost maybe 100 chrome plus a few vaal. All in all with kaom's heart it cost less than 3 ex and its very nice combo, gained 1k hp from the chest too. Looking forward to trying the build in synthesis.
Hey, I've got some questions that might potentially be dumb as I'm not very experienced yet - please bear with me :)

1. Why Clarity only on level 1 and not Vaal Clarity?

2. Wiki for Hypothermia states that: "Hypothermia only works with hits, ailments, and Cold damage over time." - given that we use a spell, does it actually work properly with Incinerate? Moreover, are we chilling the enemies consistently enough for this to work?

3. Would Phase Run work? Either instead of Flame Dash or as second movement skill.

4. How do you think the new Spell Focus and Unleash support gems will interact with Incinerate (and channelled spells in general)? I wonder if SPell Focus might potentially replace the Conc. Effect / Increased AOE swapping combo. Unleash seems like it won't work with channelled spells at all.
Clarity is for the "-(10-5) to Total Mana Cost of Skills while affected by Clarity" on the watcher's eye. So you only need it to be there, lvl 1 is enough and costs less mana.
Last edited by UnLovedOne on Feb 25, 2019, 8:59:58 AM
"
Myzreal wrote:
Hey, I've got some questions that might potentially be dumb as I'm not very experienced yet - please bear with me :)

1. Why Clarity only on level 1 and not Vaal Clarity?

2. Wiki for Hypothermia states that: "Hypothermia only works with hits, ailments, and Cold damage over time." - given that we use a spell, does it actually work properly with Incinerate? Moreover, are we chilling the enemies consistently enough for this to work?

3. Would Phase Run work? Either instead of Flame Dash or as second movement skill.

4. How do you think the new Spell Focus and Unleash support gems will interact with Incinerate (and channelled spells in general)? I wonder if SPell Focus might potentially replace the Conc. Effect / Increased AOE swapping combo. Unleash seems like it won't work with channelled spells at all.

1. UnLovedOne explained about Clarity.

2. Hypothermia - "Supported Skills deal (20-39)% more Damage with Hits and Ailments against Chilled Enemies"
Incinerate is a hit based spell. While channeling Incinerate you have over 14 casts/sec and every cast is counted as a hit.
But we need to chill enemies for Hypothermia to work right? We do that thru Beacon of Ruin ascendancy point.

***Beacon of Ruin
Elemental Ailments caused by your Skills spread to other nearby Enemies
Radius: 18
Chills from your Hits always reduce Action Speed by at least 10%
Shocks from your Hits always increase Damage taken by at least 20%
20% more Damage with Ignite

Beacon of Ruin overrides the minimum threshold of 1% effect that normally applies to chill and shock.[2][3] In other words, 1 point of cold damage from any hit will apply chill[4], and 1 point of lightning damage from a critical strike will apply shock.
Every time Elemental Overload proc you made a crit strike and applied Shock ailment.

That 1 point of lightning damage and Shock ailment is a 20% more damage multiplier thru Beacon of Ruin.

3. It would work but badly.

4. Don't know yet for sure. Ill update the build when the final patch notes are published.
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Feb 25, 2019, 9:21:35 AM
That explains a lot, thank you :) I can't wait to test this build out, I've played totems last league and it was great but kind of boring.
Thoughts on a CI version utilizing new jewel with %ES leech from spell dmg in 3.6?
Wouldn't this build benefit massively from Flammability curse if we can fit it somewhere, somehow? Would it be viable to put this curse in the second weapon slot and use weapon swapping to apply it? Probably an extreme pain in the ass but might be useful for harder bosses.
"
TunaMana wrote:
Thoughts on a CI version utilizing new jewel with %ES leech from spell dmg in 3.6?

Didn't saw that jewel yet. Anyway, if the leech rate is similar to the life leech rate that won't be enough for sustain and you must go with Occultist ascendancy, because es based Elementalist is not so great choice imho.
And if you go with Occultist build gets more complicated and damage will suffer greatly, but it would still be viable if you want to go that route.
It's up to you, but if you want to go CI then Occultist definitely.
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Feb 27, 2019, 5:00:15 AM
"
Myzreal wrote:
Wouldn't this build benefit massively from Flammability curse if we can fit it somewhere, somehow? Would it be viable to put this curse in the second weapon slot and use weapon swapping to apply it? Probably an extreme pain in the ass but might be useful for harder bosses.

It would benefit from Flammability curse, but you are already using Warlord's mark curse and to apply one more you would have to go with Occultist, probably low-life Occultist.
That draws much complications and it's not worth doing.
Damage is the least thing you should worry about with this build.
"
TunaMana wrote:

I took a more deeper look into this. If you go ES route you would have to drop Acrobatics and Phase Acrobatics because with them you have 30% less energy shield.
So you would have to take completely different defense approach and go with the block strategy using a shield and one handed weapon. Even then your spell block would be very low.
It's doable, but not sure if it would be worth. It would be completely different build and surely more expensive with much lower damage.
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Feb 27, 2019, 5:48:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info