[3.6] Ivonbeton's Winter Orb Elementalist - Cheap and Effective for all content/ 3:30min Uber Elder

"
Newtopoe22 wrote:
any update on 3.6 pob

Well, right above your post I did.

Seems OP are playing in some private league and not in this build :)
I'm Russian and I love it.
Auctioneer House - just MUST be here! Most of sellers do not reply, not even talking about AFKers and offliners!
Best way to level?
I've leveled with Arc + added lightning + controlled destruction in an ez to craft Wand with +1 Lightning gem levels (https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vendor_recipe_system#Crafting)

When you get a 4l switch to WinterOrb + GreaterMultipleProjectiles + Added Cold + Infused Channeling

Set up your CwDt + Immortal Call as soon as you can and you'll be fine until maps.
UPDATE

Sorry for the delay. The multiple updates to the Shadow side broke the tree several times. This is the new pastebin to my build. I'll also update my character "Bokkenpoot". You can check him out for gear and tree references.

Also, thanks to SilverWF for updating it in the meantime. The PoB DPS is per projectile by the way. You can check it by disabling Greater Multiple Projectiles. Some guides swear by Lesser Projectiles, but I've found that even with Concentrated Effect, they mostly shotgun.

You'll see from my PoB that I'm at 175k per projectile on Shaper without counting any possible frenzy charges or shock, both which will often be up. This is also without Vaal Righteous fire or flasks.

So that's a total of 700K DPS at the very least, but you'll be doing a lot more with your EE from your golem, your flasks and possible Frenzy charges or Vaal Righteous fire. You'll also get more if you use Infused Channeling instead of Added Cold Damage.

As per suggestion of Donkeyboy, you could maybe try swapping out Controlled Destruction for Infused Channeling if your Elemental Overload isn't proccing. I've had no issues with my own build currently, but I don't know if it works well for Winter Orb at the moment.

Honestly, the videos speak for themselves. The damage should be even better this league. The kill videos I've added were all done in one sitting. So you can see that it's very consistent.

Last edited by Ivonbeton on Mar 13, 2019, 7:31:13 PM
MINOR UPDATE

They've changed Elemental Overload. It's more difficult to get going now. I would suggest replacing Vortex and Increased Duration with Storm Brand and Increased Critical Strikes. I've also been using this on my current character to reliably get Elemental Overload when it matters.

I'll be updating this in the guide aswell.
Last edited by Ivonbeton on Mar 13, 2019, 7:42:32 PM
Have a question regarding the build:
Is there a particular reason why you are not using the channeling cluster right above Witch's start? (Lucidity)
"
Kealtke wrote:
Have a question regarding the build:
Is there a particular reason why you are not using the channeling cluster right above Witch's start? (Lucidity)

No reason other than that it's a new cluster I simply updated the tree without much thought towards the new clusters. It's certainly worth picking up. You could easily drop some survivability or Potency of Will in favour of that cluster.

There are very little "useless" nodes on the tree though. You'll always sacrifice something when you change things around.
Last edited by Ivonbeton on Mar 28, 2019, 11:37:19 AM
Thank You for this build.

I never killed Uber Elder before, but with this Build i killed him with a Tabula.
Really fast Map farming, good against all bosses and that without gem swapping.
Can u check my gear/pob/ to find out why am i lacking dps ? i cant figure it out myself.. think i have pretty good items,,but 50k dps is pretty low. i think i should have way more than that,and idk why i have such a low dps.
"
futocsiga wrote:
Can u check my gear/pob/ to find out why am i lacking dps ? i cant figure it out myself.. think i have pretty good items,,but 50k dps is pretty low. i think i should have way more than that,and idk why i have such a low dps.

Get Winter Orb with 21/20 and buy a Tabula with + 2 Level to Socket AoE Gems. Change Hypothermia with Concentrated Effect.
Buy a Helmet with Cold Damage to Spells.
Cloves with Spell Damage.

I have 230k Total DPS now.

https://pastebin.com/K7SbcqnE
Last edited by BadMan274 on Apr 9, 2019, 2:17:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info