Is It me or is this Game becoming Path of No-Lifing....

"
dezignedelic wrote:
snip

You keep using Steamcharts as an argument for the game dying but it has only grown year after year. It's also by far the most popular "Diablo style" ARPG out there. You also need to understand that the game is cyclical in nature, which means there will be an ebb and flow of players as leagues end and begin.

By posting the charts you're arguing against your own points. Stop posting them lmao
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
There are only so many things you can do. Some people stop playing after finishing the campaign, others when they beat Shaper, it happens and its natural. As long as they keep coming back every season the game is far from dying.
"
"
dezignedelic wrote:
"
It's been failing hard for years apparently

or dying for years apparently

I'm going to bump this thread in a year or two just to make teach you it will never die regardless of outcome and it will be very exciting.

God dauym.

Lol when you aint got statistics on your side personal belief is only thing you can count on.

You serisouly think PoE will live forever? Thats what people that played WoW thinked. Runescape too.

And many many many other games.

Everything has an end dude. Enjoy it while it lasts.
Cuz I told you... it aint gonna be long :D year or two is what you got, at most.

Every person like you says it's dying or failing every god dam time and every time they are wrong what makes you think you are any different?

I know the history of nearly everything in poe since I'm a veteran and not a single time the game has died.

What makes you think it will be any different?

Every veteran here will tell you the same exact thing.

And people like you will go ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I don't think people like the OP have the brainpower to realize that PoE is on the map because their was a large enough player base that ENJOY those things he thinks will "destroy" the game to allow it to get to where it is today.

All they think of is their own little entitled bubble and thus it makes sense that, to them, it will be dead.
"
BlessedLore wrote:
GGG why do you cater to the no-lifer's and streamer's so much...

They cater to everyone. By "catering to the no-lifers", they do at the same time cater to everyone, letting everyone have something to work towards.

I have a life. I have a job. And I have (sort of) a family I have to cater to. I even have some friends IRL I'll like to spend some time with. I still love this game - and one of the things I love most about it, is that I've ALWAYS got something to work towards. There's ALWAYS something undone. There's always something to reach.

I know for a fact, that the moment I've done everything, this game will be a little bit less interesting. That's why I'm never in a hurry to do everything, but rather enjoy the time I have.

As Shags always says: It's all about goals and mindset. You have to set your goals based on what you actually can achieve. We all know that setting your goals too high, is the safest way to disappointment (and threads like these).

It's not only OK that everyone can't do everything in this game, but it's a good thing for the game. Everyone needs a carrot. Without that beautiful vegetable, game like PoE would be nothing. Even the no-lifers need carrots, as they are in severe need of vitamin A.

Too many games are "holding your hand" these days. Too many games are straight forward. Too many game cater to the casuals. It's fantastic that some games cater to everyone, and not just the casuals.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Jan 15, 2019, 9:28:40 AM
"
Peterlerock wrote:
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
Peterlerock wrote:
It has always been a game catering to no-lifers. If anything, it became more casual friendly.

Well this is true in general BUT getting all crafting recipes now takes way more time than pre 3.5 and I'm pretty sure it will become the uberchore when in 3.6 you encounter the sydicate members only once every xxx maps and they do not spawn in every single ossuary run anymore.

Most normal recipes are scattered all across normal content, acts and maps.
Some more special ones in delve, temple, prophecy. Still not that hard to get.

The veiled crafting mods are different, I agree. But they are not core yet, and will probably be simplified.

I really hope the veiled ones will be easier to get in 3.6 and do not let us forget the bestiary recipes some of these are really hard to get too (because some beasts are as rare as diamonds).
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
I don't really feel that way at all, OP.

All I do in this game is theory build and then put builds into fruition. That is my goal and my joy about this game. I think I spend time on PoB and PoE related websites just as much as I do playing the game.

You might just have to change your goal or what you are trying to achieve by playing the game. I will literally just go look at a random list of unique items to find an idea to make a build with, or go through every single gem in the game to spark an idea to build towards to.

This is why I usually just try a new build I theorize, get it to like 80s level and move on to another build. I don't care about actual in-game achievements or anything. I just make sure I can down end-game content and move on to another build. The achievements for me is just making builds and theorcrafting my own stuff. I slowly release these builds onto the forum and that is my goal and joy in playing Path of Exile.

I'm not a no-lifer or anything of that sort, but more of a casual/serious player in just as in I spend a lot of my time 'in the lab' and just want to create my own builds. I get more joy from that than copy-pasting someone else's build.

Maybe you need to find another outlook or goal? That could bring that joy to you again and show you there isn't really an end point depending on your outlook. With me always thinking of new ideas and bringing these builds into fruition, I can see myself playing for a long time with that goal in mind.

PoE is easily my drug. Heck, I am writing this from work even. I got a dedicated Chrome of PoE websites open and also PoB on my second monitor. Haha.

Good luck though, exile!
*Want to try out some fun hipster builds? Check out my thread below!*
[Build/Stream Thread]
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2246315
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
BlessedLore wrote:
GGG why do you cater to the no-lifer's and streamer's so much...

They cater to everyone. By "catering to the no-lifers", they do at the same time cater to everyone, letting everyone have something to work towards.

I have a life. I have a job. And I have (sort of) a family I have to cater to. I even have some friends IRL I'll like to spend some time with. I still love this game - and one of the things I love most about it, is that I've ALWAYS got something to work towards. There's ALWAYS something undone. There's always something to reach.

I know for a fact, that the moment I've done everything, this game will be a little bit less interesting. That's why I'm never in a hurry to do everything, but rather enjoy the time I have.

As Shags always says: It's all about goals and mindset. You have to set your goals based on what you actually can achieve. We all know that setting your goals too high, is the safest way to disappointment (and threads like these).

It's not only OK that everyone can't do everything in this game, but it's a good thing for the game. Everyone needs a carrot. Without that beautiful vegetable, game like PoE would be nothing. Even the no-lifers need carrots, as they are in severe need of vitamin A.

Too many games are "holding your hand" these days. Too many games are straight forward. Too many game cater to the casuals. It's fantastic that some games cater to everyone, and not just the casuals.

Yup I agree with Phrazz and I_NO.

This game is actually catering to casuals, but also gives no-lifers something to do. Like me for example I never really needed a 6 link on a Loreweave cause the highest level I can reach either could survive using a tabula or a cheap 4 linked low rolled unique or even a cheap 6 linked rare. And that is maybe T11 or T12 maps, sometimes only T10.

At that point I may have a level 80-85 character, but then I want to try other builds using those shiny new skills. So I create a new one which is already maybe 1.5 to 2 months in the league. And when I reached that level again the league ends.

Yup didn't even reached "end-game" but having so much fun. Such is the life of a filthy casual scrub.
Filthy Casual Scrub.
"Belief is the strongest metal of them all." - Izaro
The game is fine as it is with a lot of early-game mechanics that forces you to evaluate your character such as the boss mechanics and resistance checks. I started the game a month ago and have no regret nor remorse for the process it took to learn this game. Honestly, if someone wants to "no-life" the heck out of a game, let them. They should also get something more for the time they invested. The high effort higher reward mindset is what makes this game worthwhile to play. I am sure there are other games out there that better cater to the low effort high reward mindset.
This is the first league I've "really" played, and there is a massive learning curve. However, this is how it is with most games - maybe not to this degree. You have to take the time to research and understand before you "hop in". Once you read character guides and spend a few hours researching you grasp the game...it's not hard. From what I've read, this game has catered more to beginners recently. I was able to jump in, follow my guide for a character build and jump into maps with very limited gear.

The problem is the "entitled" players don't want to spend the time to research. Don't blame the devs when you don't want to put the time in. Instant gratification means "I want to not die and do highest maps and find all the loots right now", life doesn't work that way homie.

I'm not trying to rain on the OP's day, but holy cow man..if I can jump in with no experience and make it to end game content, they are definitely not catering to only the 1%. Additionally, I should mention I'm a very casual player, maybe 1-2 hours during the week, and a few on the weekends.
Last edited by ryanlive on Jan 15, 2019, 11:14:20 AM
Shit game. Farming simulator, no challenge, no social aspect except trading and replying to shit posts on global 1. You should consider yourself in retard class of gamers if this is the only game you have played for years. It gives nothing but some enjoyment of gambling. Yeah total failure.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info