Is It me or is this Game becoming Path of No-Lifing....

How is the crafting gated? If you took the recipes from last league it would take you an absolutely trivial amount of time to unlock them in this one, far faster than it took to get them to 8.

the games always been behind a wall of rng its what they do, but the crafting part really isn't its not bad at all.
"
"
dezignedelic wrote:
Large sentence

Fail hard? How long has this game been failing for yet it still succeeds to be one of the best ARPG's to date how many times do people say poe is dying again and again and when it's lively as ever.

Please.

One of best arpgs?

Mechanically wise? Yes, I agree, Poe offers extreme complexity and complex mechanics not found in other games.

But that does not make it a successful game.

https://steamcharts.com/app/238960#1m

Lively as ever? lol.

Not by a long shot.
This "liveliness" you talk about is made by D4 exiles that got sick of Blizzard. Yea they are in it for now but they ain't gonna stick for long once they realize how tedious and boring the game actually is once you get over the "astonished" by first hand complexity.

1 month into a new league and playerbase is back to 10-50k players. And thats on Steam which is 2/3rds of their playerbase.

So yea, I think you got confused a bit, this is exactly what happend to WoW during WoTLK. "It cant fail, we got more subs then ever."

Meanwhile, I was talking since TBC that its gonna fail hard because THE GENERAL DESIGN DIRECTION does not LOOK FUCKING PROMISING.

So, yea, I don't know where you get your logic from and its probably hard for you too look at the huge picture unbiased because you are an obvious fanboy as seen by your supporter packs, meaning you will do anything to make PoE information conform to your bias as you want to make your decisions self relevant and dont wanna look at it as "im wasting money on a stupid game" which it will become NO DOUBT considering the direction it is going in.

As I said, no mayor problems that undermine it for years have been adressed whatsofuckingever by GGG and this is the reason why..

1 MONTH AFTER RELEASING NEW CONTENT YOUR PLAYERBASE GETS SLASHED BY FUCKING HALF.

Thats not a sign of a helthy or evolving community man.
I know you wanna twist that shit around, but I doubt you can read charts as good as I can. I ain't even lying, I saw the market crash of crypto in charts in advance year ago. Made a shitload of money. Don't even care, no one believed me it will crash "bitcoin is at all time high man 22k you are talking nonsense".

So yea, i'm just telling it like it is man. No need to get butthurt. You can still play and enjoy your little shitshow of a praised game but do not twist fucking facts, a lot of stuff seems quite popular, powerful or valuable just before the true "dump" begins.

And the fact that you cant keep a 100k playerbase engaged for more then 1 week says a lot about PoE as a product, more then you me or this whole forum can verbalize.

You are confusing what you perceive as best as to what quality content means.

Yes, it is the best compared to the shitty market we got. But that does not make it quality in its own. It has shitload of problems that again, are ignored for years and are the reason why this game undermines itself.

Month % Gain
Last 30 Days +0.18%

this is your overall playergain for past month when compared to before.

So yea... thriving would hardly be a word.

Yes, PoE is the best arpg when compared to others, but that still does not make it a good game with a stable playerbase in its own right. Because the game drives people away from itself by imposing super stupid design ideology that really makes no sense except "players feel more gratification" bullshit that Chris spits on every occasion without realizing Chris doesn't even play his own fucking game except at SSF, effectively ignoring all the trade and other issues the playerbase actually presents and expects to be answered for years now.

It's been failing hard for years apparently

or dying for years apparently

I'm going to bump this thread in a year or two just to make teach you it will never die regardless of outcome and it will be very exciting.

God dauym.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
How is the crafting gated? If you took the recipes from last league it would take you an absolutely trivial amount of time to unlock them in this one, far faster than it took to get them to 8.

the games always been behind a wall of rng its what they do, but the crafting part really isn't its not bad at all.

what? Without any problems I could get Vorici to lvl 8 in a week/week and a half time before, taking it easy with rotations. It was 725k for lvl 8 you get around 25k per mission. If you do rotas, thats 6 days for 6l and 6s.

Compared to now where I got to get to maps, start delving, get deep enough in delves which is gated by sulphite in maps, so if im not lucky with it im forced to go farm syndicate till i get sulphite scarabs so I could get enough sulphite to even explore fucking delve HOPING i run into the fucking abyssal delve or wherever so I could HAVE A CHANCE to find the fucking 6l recepie?

Compared to spam chat, get in rota and have it in a week 100% sure?

Trivial amount? For all craftbench mods? what crack you smoking son?

wait till next league drops and you have to do it all over again.

Then come here and cry, i'll be here to comfort you np.

Its extremely gated by stupid unveil mechanics and not being able to know which item mods you missing so you gotta just pick all that shit up and unveil forever hoping you didnt miss any craft in the craft bench... thats just pointless and tedious.

at least give me grayed out unlocked mods in craftbench so I can know I need 1h weapons or helms or whatever not hah here just pick this shit up forever hoping you get something you think you probably missed? what the fuck?

Also yea, the endgame craft is absolutely gated, if you want Multimod craft in SSF good fucking luck with that bullshit Prophecy key and stupid prophecy quest chain to get all 4 keys to fight the pale council.

Before? Just get eleron to lvl 8. Which was like super easy considering he was like in every 3rd map lol. You all make masters sound waaaay more complex then they were, compared to this shit they were super fucking easy.

I don't like prophecy. I dont like delve. They are not fun or interesting to me. Neither were the master missions. But it was much easier to force yourself to a 1 week grind that gets you your crafts 100% then to grind away to oblivion hoping you will find what you need soon, if not more grinding. Lol.

Gheez.
"

I'm going to bump this thread in a year or two just to make teach you it will never die regardless of outcome and it will be very exciting.

God dauym.

Lol when you aint got statistics on your side personal belief is only thing you can count on.

You serisouly think PoE will live forever? Thats what people that played WoW thinked. Runescape too.

And many many many other games.

Everything has an end dude. Enjoy it while it lasts.
Cuz I told you... it aint gonna be long :D year or two is what you got, at most.

"
dezignedelic wrote:
"

God dauym.

Lol when you aint got statistics on your side personal belief is only thing you can count on.

You serisouly think PoE will live forever? Thats what people that played WoW thinked. Runescape too.

And many many many other games.

Everything has an end dude. Enjoy it while it lasts.
Cuz I told you... it aint gonna be long :D year or two is what you got, at most.

Every person like you says it's dying or failing every god dam time and every time they are wrong what makes you think you are any different?

I know the history of nearly everything in poe since I'm a veteran and not a single time the game has died.

What makes you think it will be any different?

Every veteran here will tell you the same exact thing.

And people like you will go ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Jan 15, 2019, 4:50:32 AM
"
Peterlerock wrote:
It has always been a game catering to no-lifers. If anything, it became more casual friendly.

Well this is true in general BUT getting all crafting recipes now takes way more time than pre 3.5 and I'm pretty sure it will become the uberchore when in 3.6 you encounter the sydicate members only once every xxx maps and they do not spawn in every single ossuary run anymore. Most aspects of the game are easier these days but collecting the crafting recipes is a nolifers job for sure these days!
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
Peterlerock wrote:
It has always been a game catering to no-lifers. If anything, it became more casual friendly.

Well this is true in general BUT getting all crafting recipes now takes way more time than pre 3.5 and I'm pretty sure it will become the uberchore when in 3.6 you encounter the sydicate members only once every xxx maps and they do not spawn in every single ossuary run anymore.

Most normal recipes are scattered all across normal content, acts and maps.
Some more special ones in delve, temple, prophecy. Still not that hard to get.

The veiled crafting mods are different, I agree. But they are not core yet, and will probably be simplified.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
I like betrayal. I like the new crafting.
But I would also say it is not the best idea to put each league mechanic we had so far to core game, it only creates a balloon that not anybody likes.
Collecting the recipes may well take longer than if you concentrated on master rotations, but at least now you get them from varied, and possibly even enjoyable content.
I never bothered with pushing master levels, I play quite a lot and I only had a couple of level 8 masters, even in standard.
In Betrayal I have all the meta crafting mods, without hugely going out of the way for them (I did buy 1 prophecy). Haven't got all the socket/linking as I haven't delved much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info