Is It me or is this Game becoming Path of No-Lifing....

It's no easy to see someone who thinks a game is actually catering to the hardcore.

That said I'm a massive fan of ARPGs. I first tried POE when it came out and it's was (insert a nice adjective) over the years I have commended GGG on their vigor in finding solutions to improve the poor areas of the game.

As of today and the current league I personally think POE has not deteriorated but finally arrived.

OP complains about RNG layering, and then talks about gating. Those two things are opposite. Gating can be targeted and is an achievement to complete to further progress.

I just hope with the recent corporate changes GGG doesn't lose its passion in constantly evolving and improving their game. There is a growing player base in a 5+ y/o game, that sums up the basement success of these devs. They should be proud and so should they players who have grinded since the beginning.
"
dezignedelic wrote:
nah man you right.

this game will fail so hard.

why do you think they pump out bullshit content every 3 months?

because they cant keep a stable playerbase of more then 50k people lol.

it looked fun at first but then we realized how tedious and bullshit betrayal is... its all self gating content, veiled modes suck because you don't know how much mods you missing so you are forced to pick that junk up and unveil it endlessly hoping you will get some craft you don't even know is missing because the GGG is so braindead they couldn't fucking put unknown recepies grayed out in the craftbench so you actually know what the fuck you are missing and what is possible to craft... also how exactly is this better then grinding master missions before if you will be forced to unveil every craftbench every league since it would be imba for players to have acess to old crafts at start?

betrayal is worst league ever, if it didnt come with all the revamped beastery incursion and delve it would be hands down most tedious and boring league so far.. except maybe Torment but at least that wasnt tedious.

GGG has no idea what the fuck they are doing with their design philosophy, they implment AH like system for chinese market, give bullshit excuses for it not being implemented in our market, Xbox version doesnt even have a chat and its trade system is the same as the one on PC meaning its here to boost "player interaction".... how the fuck are you supposed to "player interact" in poe without a fucking chat?

game is getting mechanics implemented that no one asked for or wanted... Chris said in Ziz interview he didn't know what the new elemental statuses or bonechill does... 1 day before betrayal release.

So who the fuck does? Who the fuck goes in GGG and says hey lets make a bullshit helm no one will use in 3 variants that gives new elemental statuses no one gives a fuck about?

great idea get right on it sir.

Honestly I think GGG is making shit out of their ass at this point just trying to keep PoE relevant and turn it into something without realizing how much their design approach is ruining and undermining the game itself.

Not 1 month into this league we already had a 10k players dip. Its around 20-50k players now from 123k peak.... this is how much this game is interesting to people. And steam is 2/3rds of playerbase so yea...its maybe at 100k players.. more like 50k base.

The game did it to itself by constantly ignoring all the problems players want GGG to adress because they are too busy self glorifying themselves how much "they listen to players" and then years and years proceed to do just the opposite.

Players dont want bullshit content that selfgates itself. This is the best they could have done? Seriously?

Players dont want 20 leagues packed in 1.

There is already so much shit... Delve, Incursion, Prophecy, Beastery, Syndicate (which gates Delve with scarabs), Breachstones, Atlas, Lab... like holy shit. And thats just basis... imagine in 2-3 years ? What, every new league will be 1093019301 leagues before combined? Also the tediousnes and overcomplication of new leagues is bullshit, i want simple leagues like they were not this Cluedo shit where i gotta struggle for 1 month to get vorici into fucking research. Whoever made Syndicate mechanics should be hit in a head. Repeatedly.

Fuck you and your bullshit RNG'ing everything. This game will never go mainstream no matter how much it tries, and imagine how much Tencent will push that agenda now.... making GGG under even more pressure then they setthemselves in.

They created a fucking hamsterwheel with this content 3 month bullshit because they dont wanna bother to fix the existing issues that werent adressed for years and maybe create a trade system that would actually be usefull to use and not force people to play SSF because they don't wanna bother with trading at all since its so complicated for no reason. Don't give me that bullshit excuses, there is simply NO EXCUSE for not having a searchable index of tradetabs in the game. Forcing players to alt tab the fucking GAME in order to perform a basic GAME FUNCTION is like why 50% of people quit this game, trust me. Its pointless and retarded and has no real explanation to it except GGG probably not being capable enough to fucking program it in the fucking game in the first place. (remember the "it will be hard to program tab "searches"" bullshit?). Gheez.

Im done. I have been playing this game since 2013, over 6k hours on steam, probably twice as much on retail... havent played for a year before betrayal i came back nothing fucking changed it just got worse.

Fuck them and their bullshit desing philosophy, overnerfing usefull uniques and casting them to oblivion just because they dont wanna balance shit but instead prefer to metashift the fucking game.

GGG has no idea what they are doing, IF A FUCKING LEAD DEVELOPER DOESNT KNOW WHAT GAME CONTENT IS GOING IN THE FUCKING GAME HOW THE FUCK DOES ANYONE EXPECT THAT ANYONE AT GGG KNOWS IN WHICH DIRECTION THEY WANT THIS GAME TO GO?

At this point it just seems like a giant ball of ideas glued together exactly because there is no clear consensus on what the fuck we trying to achieve with this game. When 3 years later I came and still its much cheaper and easier to make autocasting mine/trap/totemist that can do endgame content on 2ex budget tops and has the advantage of moving while dealing dmg compared to 5ex minimum budget and usually much much much more for any meleee or "non meta build" character to do the same... .what exactly is the point of this game?

play meta builds to save up money so you can do your nieche builds? fuck that.

And no, the game got incredibly easy. MOst classes dont even need a 6l anymore. What the fuck. And all these shaper and elder mods what the fuck? Too OP, the powercreep is too big just like any other game they dont adress the balance and they just add new content hoping it will render old problems unoticable while its undermining the old content making everyone just power rush to new one. Its retarded and pointless instead of focusing on balance and variations they focus on fucking power creeps and adding shit that sounds good on paper but undermines the whole backbone of a game.

This game is pointless. YOu can do endgame content on a 2ex budget build so you can farm shitload of ex for incremental character buffs so you could... do endgame content again?

Unless you are a twitch streamer or one of these premades that wanna be server first in mirrors this game really doesn't offer anything to a casual player except "follow guides and play current meta" because much of usefull and once cool content is rendered useless by the endgame power creep and their own stupid design philosophy. For a game that has 889 unique items around 870 of those are total shit. Because GGG nerfed them to oblivion and gave them too big drawbacks and thats also consufing as fuck to anyone whos new to the game because uniques first shouldnt be so abundant, shitty and cheap. Thats exactly the opposite of the word "unique".

Yea "just because you are unique doesn't mean you are useful" holds true but in nieche cases not for 870 fucking cases.

Gheez. There is just so much, I could go on for years. And would still list all problems before they fucking admit or adress any.

So yea, lose hope man, 2018 was a year of revelation. Game developers are fucking clueless. THey have no fucking idea what they want, because buisness metrics dictate the developer.

Its all about that MTX and money, game is put into 2nd perspective after that.
Its sour to eat that shit but fuck it, its what it is. YOu can either decieve yourself to make yourself feel good about choosing to still play it or you can admit its what it is and stop wasting your time on it.

I don't like it either but I ain't gonna lie and make up excusses just so I can glorify GGG and make them appear like some saints in game industry. These guys are fucking idiots and are fucking clueless, which shows in how even tho with years of development they still have almost same number of players playing the game.

Its a cheap thrill until you get to underlying tedious grindfest that its underneath, and now its GATED grindfest. So yea, no fucking reason to continue playing at all unless you like your own personal Theorycraft Build Stimulator 3000 which is only thing PoE is good for.

Yes, I read the whole thing and enjoyed it. Rage against the machine bro! *fist bump*
I agree with both I_NO and BlessedLore. But there is something with name hardcore in game that have no point. I_NO said game is casual, but I say softcore is too hard. There should be different rewards for soft and hard, and next thing will happen.

Ppl will try hardcore and 99.999% will not see challenge rewards. Then they will come back to softcore and play it 7-10 days. My almost whole guild stopped playing league after 7 days. Every league is same. Get 90 in 2-3 days, grind maps till mobs insta kill u, make new char ... Every league is same. With one difference ... This league is worst ever. Totally global/trade 820, u can get/loose lot of currency there, and buy ALL challenges.
Only good side of league are scrabs, but u need to spend whole day buying scrabs to be able to play maps 2-3 hours. Betrayal Statistics ... Time spent in type of content 37% campaign (this is start of league), 30% hideout and 24% maps. This is joke! I never did RMT, but i understand why ppl do it.
"
dezignedelic wrote:

The game did it to itself by constantly ignoring all the problems players want GGG to adress because they are too busy self glorifying themselves how much "they listen to players" and then years and years proceed to do just the opposite.

A big reason this game will never go mainstream is b/c the mechanics in this game are like voodoo witchcraft. It's really difficult to figure out whether a skill in this game is viable (meta). And if it isn't viable, then what you have to do in terms of getting ridiculously OP gear in order to make it viable.

Also, nothing that you want for your build drops in this game. To get what you want, you either have to play a build that you don't like (using a meta skill) to farm specific bosses/areas, or accumulate currency, and then trade that currency in for what you want via poe.trade. Of course this takes dozens of hours. It's depressing to do.

Also, why does this game still have no in-game accurate dps numbers? I am literally forced to use path of building in order to know if my build is going to do any damage and whether I'll actually have any fun.
Last edited by coatofarms on Jan 15, 2019, 2:03:02 PM
"
dezignedelic wrote:
nah man you right.

this game will fail so hard.

why do you think they pump out bullshit content every 3 months?

because they cant keep a stable playerbase of more then 50k people lol.

it looked fun at first but then we realized how tedious and bullshit betrayal is... its all self gating content, veiled modes suck because you don't know how much mods you missing so you are forced to pick that junk up and unveil it endlessly hoping you will get some craft you don't even know is missing because the GGG is so braindead they couldn't fucking put unknown recepies grayed out in the craftbench so you actually know what the fuck you are missing and what is possible to craft... also how exactly is this better then grinding master missions before if you will be forced to unveil every craftbench every league since it would be imba for players to have acess to old crafts at start?

betrayal is worst league ever, if it didnt come with all the revamped beastery incursion and delve it would be hands down most tedious and boring league so far.. except maybe Torment but at least that wasnt tedious.

GGG has no idea what the fuck they are doing with their design philosophy, they implment AH like system for chinese market, give bullshit excuses for it not being implemented in our market, Xbox version doesnt even have a chat and its trade system is the same as the one on PC meaning its here to boost "player interaction".... how the fuck are you supposed to "player interact" in poe without a fucking chat?

game is getting mechanics implemented that no one asked for or wanted... Chris said in Ziz interview he didn't know what the new elemental statuses or bonechill does... 1 day before betrayal release.

So who the fuck does? Who the fuck goes in GGG and says hey lets make a bullshit helm no one will use in 3 variants that gives new elemental statuses no one gives a fuck about?

great idea get right on it sir.

Honestly I think GGG is making shit out of their ass at this point just trying to keep PoE relevant and turn it into something without realizing how much their design approach is ruining and undermining the game itself.

Not 1 month into this league we already had a 10k players dip. Its around 20-50k players now from 123k peak.... this is how much this game is interesting to people. And steam is 2/3rds of playerbase so yea...its maybe at 100k players.. more like 50k base.

Players dont want bullshit content that selfgates itself. This is the best they could have done? Seriously?

Players dont want 20 leagues packed in 1.

There is already so much shit... Delve, Incursion, Prophecy, Beastery, Syndicate (which gates Delve with scarabs), Breachstones, Atlas, Lab... like holy shit. And thats just basis... imagine in 2-3 years ? What, every new league will be 1093019301 leagues before combined? Also the tediousnes and overcomplication of new leagues is bullshit, i want simple leagues like they were not this Cluedo shit where i gotta struggle for 1 month to get vorici into fucking research. Whoever made Syndicate mechanics should be hit in a head. Repeatedly.

Fuck you and your bullshit RNG'ing everything. This game will never go mainstream no matter how much it tries, and imagine how much Tencent will push that agenda now.... making GGG under even more pressure then they setthemselves in.

They created a fucking hamsterwheel with this content 3 month bullshit because they dont wanna bother to fix the existing issues that werent adressed for years and maybe create a trade system that would actually be usefull to use and not force people to play SSF because they don't wanna bother with trading at all since its so complicated for no reason. Don't give me that bullshit excuses, there is simply NO EXCUSE for not having a searchable index of tradetabs in the game. Forcing players to alt tab the fucking GAME in order to perform a basic GAME FUNCTION is like why 50% of people quit this game, trust me. Its pointless and retarded and has no real explanation to it except GGG probably not being capable enough to fucking program it in the fucking game in the first place. (remember the "it will be hard to program tab "searches"" bullshit?). Gheez.

Im done. I have been playing this game since 2013, over 6k hours on steam, probably twice as much on retail... havent played for a year before betrayal i came back nothing fucking changed it just got worse.

Fuck them and their bullshit desing philosophy, overnerfing usefull uniques and casting them to oblivion just because they dont wanna balance shit but instead prefer to metashift the fucking game.

GGG has no idea what they are doing, IF A FUCKING LEAD DEVELOPER DOESNT KNOW WHAT GAME CONTENT IS GOING IN THE FUCKING GAME HOW THE FUCK DOES ANYONE EXPECT THAT ANYONE AT GGG KNOWS IN WHICH DIRECTION THEY WANT THIS GAME TO GO?

At this point it just seems like a giant ball of ideas glued together exactly because there is no clear consensus on what the fuck we trying to achieve with this game. When 3 years later I came and still its much cheaper and easier to make autocasting mine/trap/totemist that can do endgame content on 2ex budget tops and has the advantage of moving while dealing dmg compared to 5ex minimum budget and usually much much much more for any meleee or "non meta build" character to do the same... .what exactly is the point of this game?

play meta builds to save up money so you can do your nieche builds? fuck that.

And no, the game got incredibly easy. MOst classes dont even need a 6l anymore. What the fuck. And all these shaper and elder mods what the fuck? Too OP, the powercreep is too big just like any other game they dont adress the balance and they just add new content hoping it will render old problems unoticable while its undermining the old content making everyone just power rush to new one. Its retarded and pointless instead of focusing on balance and variations they focus on fucking power creeps and adding shit that sounds good on paper but undermines the whole backbone of a game.

This game is pointless. YOu can do endgame content on a 2ex budget build so you can farm shitload of ex for incremental character buffs so you could... do endgame content again?

Unless you are a twitch streamer or one of these premades that wanna be server first in mirrors this game really doesn't offer anything to a casual player except "follow guides and play current meta" because much of usefull and once cool content is rendered useless by the endgame power creep and their own stupid design philosophy. For a game that has 889 unique items around 870 of those are total shit. Because GGG nerfed them to oblivion and gave them too big drawbacks and thats also consufing as fuck to anyone whos new to the game because uniques first shouldnt be so abundant, shitty and cheap. Thats exactly the opposite of the word "unique".

Yea "just because you are unique doesn't mean you are useful" holds true but in nieche cases not for 870 fucking cases.

Gheez. There is just so much, I could go on for years. And would still list all problems before they fucking admit or adress any.

So yea, lose hope man, 2018 was a year of revelation. Game developers are fucking clueless. THey have no fucking idea what they want, because buisness metrics dictate the developer.

Its all about that MTX and money, game is put into 2nd perspective after that.
Its sour to eat that shit but fuck it, its what it is. YOu can either decieve yourself to make yourself feel good about choosing to still play it or you can admit its what it is and stop wasting your time on it.

I don't like it either but I ain't gonna lie and make up excusses just so I can glorify GGG and make them appear like some saints in game industry. These guys are fucking idiots and are fucking clueless, which shows in how even tho with years of development they still have almost same number of players playing the game.

Its a cheap thrill until you get to underlying tedious grindfest that its underneath, and now its GATED grindfest. So yea, no fucking reason to continue playing at all unless you like your own personal Theorycraft Build Stimulator 3000 which is only thing PoE is good for.

A lot of good points here I agree with but many don't. That pretty much goes for anything music, games etc. At the end of the day they are getting bigger not smaller and thats the metric every company uses to decide if they are making right moves. Not one or two individuals opinion.

Like this point " Players dont want 20 leagues packed in 1. "

I agree and started a thread about it like day 3 of Betrayl. But about half who replied in thread loved 20 leagues packed into one.

Goes pretty much the same with all your issues. At the end of the day though are they making more than they are losing. If answer is yes they are doing it right.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jan 15, 2019, 2:07:48 PM
Becoming? Its been that way for a long time. I'll admit its getting even worse but its hardly new.

Casuals see the wall they have to climb and walk away as they know they'll never scale it without treating POE like a job so they just go play other things instead. Sadly the increase lately has meant a lot of the middle people (between casuals and "play it every second they breathe and aren't at work or asleep) have also started to walk away now.

GGG defend the mechanic as "retention" and thats up to them but I've only seen it do the opposite and the people I've seen walk used to buy at least 1 supporter pack a season without even thinking about it.
When I was unemployed, this game was FUCKING AMAZING. It was during Breach I think... and went several leagues after that. I was off work for 2 years :(

But now that I am working full time I find that I quit after a few weeks and my first character is around 90. I have no desire to level through the campaign again.

I wish I had more time again. :(

I dunno if I agree with you or not.
Last edited by DeathPunch79 on Jan 15, 2019, 7:55:28 PM
"
"
dezignedelic wrote:
Large sentence

Fail hard? How long has this game been failing for yet it still succeeds to be one of the best ARPG's to date how many times do people say poe is dying again and again and when it's lively as ever.

Please.

Don't act like if D3 or any other aarpg stepped up their game you wouldn't bounce.

Not saying I agree with the guy you quoted, but honestly PoE is the best aarpg out there because the competition is pretty shit.

That being said I do love the game lmao. But I would bounce in a heartbeat if I found a better one. I've been waiting. And waiting. XD
Since many people are talking about D3 exiles, let me give my humble opinion as a casual with only 26/40 challenges completed so far.

One of the biggest problems for me was the currency/essence/fragment system that does not stack or only stack for certain amount, forcing you to buy tabs, and I did. Because I would like to support this great game. But now people are talking about a new tab for delve crafting items and we will have to buy those too because delve crafting items take too much space already. What's next? Whenever a new system is introduced in the game people will /need/ to buy a new tab?

Some people argue that tabs are optional, I would argue otherwise. Please level a character to 70/80 without these tabs and notice how much space is actually needed to store fragments etc. I honestly do not understand why, for example, vaal fragments do not stack or currencies do not stack beyond 10/20.

Look at how much money a player needs to spend if he/she buys the tabs for quality of life (QoL):
Map + Currency + Divination + Essence + Fragment = 39USD. Excluding any premium/quad tabs. This is not cheap.

What will happen next year? New tabs over new tabs over new tabs? The amount of money we will have to spend for QoL will exceed price of a AAA game soon.

You can argue that PoE is better than D3 on many aspects, indeed it is, but not on QoL and especially polish, this is one of main reason why a lot of people have problems with this game. Why basic QoL changes are not included like:

1- Aforementioned stacking problem of items.
2- QoL changes to chat (e.g., global 820 problem).
3- QoL changes to minimap/map visibility for different tilesets.
4- QoL changes to trading. (Not AH, but changes like: trading available/not available tag etc.)
5- QoL changes to item picking. E.g., auto picking similar currencies from ground within a limited range.
6- Sluggish login system.
7- Random disconnects from the game.
8- No death recap. [In a game where most of the deaths are one shots.]

Couple those with following problems:
1- Mid-league, heavy balance changes on skills and core mechanics. This shows that 3-month release schedule forces the company to release products with proper quality assurance (Q&A).
2- Imbalanced currency gain distribution compared to game difficulty. E.g., farming low level delves and low level zones for betrayal encounters being more lucrative than farming higher tier maps.
... and many more that I forgot to mention.

These are the changes many people ask for, yet the interaction between GGG and the community does not exceed the community manager posting random memes and toucans on reddit.

In the end, to me, it seems like GGG is trying to push a lot of content in a very short period of time to hold the playerbase, which eventually leads to unnecessary upsets and lack of development time for Q&A and QoL changes.
"
I'm a walrus the fuck man.

Interesting.

But yeah the premium tabs are getting out of control, eventually we will need a premium tab to sort premium tabs.

Crafting recipes should be outside of major content in the campaign but random everywhere else, and somewhat common for lower tier recipes...there should be uber rare ones that are cheap and RNG only, but not for 6L since thats expensive as hell.

Having unique recipes that are cheap and specific would open up an artisan market.

Allowing people to find lower tier recipes with somewhat common appearance would allow for less of a struggle...though people should do the campaign for the basics.

Spoiler alert: most your deaths are reflect mods on a rare you didnt notice.

Also they need to unrestrict delve and make character power the big restriction. Maybe make delving down cheaper but horizontally more expensive. This way i can always get a harder path but if i want to farm the living daylight out of a level it can get expensive. Make for a more reliable way to get suplhite but still attack risk/reward to to it.
just for try, for see and for know

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info