Join the community!

"
Androgenics wrote:
There seems to be a competition between Avic's server and Exis' server. I'm not one to be overly vocal, but perhaps some folk may recognise my name and read this.

In truth, neither server is better - they're just different. Exis' server is filled with die-hard PoE enthusiasts who take the game very seriously, but as a result, many are bullheaded and a little abrasive. However, these people are also extremely knowledgeable, and very helpful if you're wanting to break into high-end play. Many experienced members from Avic's server are members here, so there may be a few familiar names, and more than enough in-game knowledge. The server doesn't have any real rules, as long as you respect each other.

While I cannot comment on the current state of Avic's server, as I was banned in December, it used to be a solid internet chat room and, despite the excessive moderation and Avic having final say in every situation, it was a very useful resource for new players. Unfortunately, the bulk of help new players received came from an array of experienced members, who have largely moved on to other games or servers.

The uncompromising hierarchical structure of Avic's server meant that even as a moderator, I had little voice. Such a moderation structure damages the community, and likely led to this whole fiasco.

The best thing to do is to join both servers, and see which one you like more.

This is the link to Exis' server: https://discord.gg/TzYyppU

The Avic run Discord for POE is ridiculously bad - But apparently this is not new.

Thanks for this link. The only reason I found myself there was cause I could use it on my phone easily. Now I know to just post on these pages or when I have time on my pc if I want mature discussion. Interactions such as what I had discourage me from the entire game.. It made me question the fact that - if this truly is a supported representation of the game or its' community - I might have to move on. Sad but true.

I am glad now that I understand that it is COMPLETELY not official and in no way represents GGG nor do its' moderators. It seemed like just a bunch of mates and - yep - that's all it is.. I will try the Exis. TYVM. GGG - if you saw what i saw - you'd can it quicker than Jonah Lomu heading for the corner. One mod doesn't like a suggestion they ban you. They certainly try to intimidate you with it being so called - official. 'I can do whatever i want with you and feel justified in doing it' and 'I chat to Jeff on the reg - not to drop names' are some of the gobsmackers I received. You want that? Join up. Not me.

Hopefully the disappointment fades soon enough. I'm a mature age gamer who would love to contribute to suggestion and feedback discussion groups. I'm not a slouch of a player (3rd place pfinder in flashback xbox) Sure - I'm new (bestiary) probs only spent 300 bucks or so on poe.. but.. we'll see.. hey - I'm someone who thought Synthesis was the best league yet - so what would I know, lol. Feelsbad.

Chur Bro's - all the way from Australia.
Can we move this thread to a PC related discussion? It really has absolutely nothing to do with console.. is there a discord in the ps4 or xbox stores? Uhh..NOPE
Uhhh my post above is about the so called 'official' poe on xbox discord - which is 100% NOT OFFICIAL. I don't play on PC atm so it kinda does relate to console.. Thank rngesus Avic and his hypocritical, sexist, mysoginistic cult don't have any affiliation. I hope he doesn't have a discord for PC too..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info