Lesser Multiple Projectiles

Oh, I see.
'Less' and 'More' are indeed multiplicative; the negative additive modifier is 'Reduced'. What is happening is indeed the latter example.
Indeed. For a reference. At level 19, not 20. But, +36%, -30%.

This ends in a 22% decrease in dps. Or from 5150 to about 4000 flat.

Just if anyone is curious.

Imo, I have no problem with the skill's dps loss. I do think the tooltip needs reworded because it is blatantly leading players to believe that there will be an increase in dps at higher levels as opposed to the significant decrease that is actually seen.
IGN: Caedi
Last edited by nyates on Feb 25, 2013, 4:10:28 PM
The actual decrease depends a lot on what you already have for multipliers. Can't just say it's an X% decrease just like that :)

Without any modifiers, it's actually just a tiny decrease in damage, and a super simple calculation:
5000 * 1.36 * 0.7 = 4760. That's 4.8% down.

With a crapload of existing modifiers of, let's say... 250% Spell damage, 50% Elemental damage, 100% Fire damage. Without LMP:
2000 * (1 + (250/100) + (50/100) + (100/100)) = 10000
With LMP:
2000 * (1 + (250/100) + (50/100) + (100/100) + (36/100)) = 10720
10720 * 0.70 = 7504

Roughly a 25% decrease in damage output.
Is there any other way to do a tight cone other than moving my cursor away from my character? I want to keep my cursor as close to my character as possible, since that's safe.
+1 to not enjoying the shotgun effect. For the reasons of it being a superior version of Point Blank, with more upside and less downside. And everyone doing it, melting my computer in parties. (Spark is still okay with it of course, since it's a reasonable 5/3 * .7 = ~16 + 2/3 percent more damage.)

If spells are balanced with this support in mind, it would also be nice for them to get a small realignment. More manageable mana, or such.
Where is the Greater Multiple Projectiles thread :)?

I really want to voice the opinion to fix issues with graphics while using LMP, but especially GMP. My pc runs everything on highest settings without ever a single issue. However, with 3 Void Bearer spectres using GMP, framerate goes beserk.

So, I hope the graphics could be redesigned when GMP is used so that I don't have to tone down all my settings just to see a slight improvement.

Any ideas how to fix this? I'm assuming when using GMP by yourself, but in a party with others, similar results are obtained.
Last edited by Tecnik on Dec 4, 2013, 4:47:04 PM
I think the mana cost multiplier should be reduced a little. 140%.

Other than that the support is good as is.
IGN: lVlage (96 Witch)
Last edited by lVlage on Dec 30, 2013, 6:28:15 PM
"
h3rp3s wrote:

I disagree rather strongly.

This support is heinously overpowered. It needs both a worse damage penalty and a larger mana cost multiplier.

For more discussion, please read this Feedback forum thread.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Apr 29, 2014, 1:04:39 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
h3rp3s wrote:

I disagree rather strongly.

This support is heinously overpowered. It needs both a worse damage penalty and a larger mana cost multiplier.

For more discussion, please read this Feedback forum thread.

Actually, we talk about this gem in the tread, dedicated to it, what's the problem?

In my opinion, LMP support is quite balanced for skills, that cant shotgun. But for skills, that can shotgun, it's clearly OP and almost must-have gem (i mean, having the choice between LMP and GMP in a slot isnt very good).
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
I think it would be cool to add a new vendor recipe, with two gems of lesser multiple projectiles and an orb of fusing to get a level 1 gem of greater multiple projectiles. Technically speaking, greater multiple projectile is about like having two lesser projectiles stacking with each-other anyways and maybe there could be a reverse recipe costing an orb of scouring instead of fusing. Just an idea though, what do y'all think?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info