Lesser Multiple Projectiles

"
Andir wrote:
"
dust7 wrote:
Gems of the same type never stack.

Well, this is the crux of my issue. Why can't support gems stack?

Because it would be OP as hell.
Disregard witches, aquire currency.
How exactly? Is one player not going to be able to do it in PvP? Could you not also give that ability (stacking) to bosses?

The multiple projectiles reduces damage (30%) so multiple multiple projectiles would be much less per arrow than just shooting one arrow.
Last edited by Andir on Apr 4, 2012, 5:12:56 PM
Because you would have 30k dps burning arrows with 5 weapon elemental dmg supports. There are countless examples.
"
dust7 wrote:
Because you would have 30k dps burning arrows with 5 weapon elemental dmg supports. There are countless examples.
And I assume you have some math to back that?
This is the wrong thread for this. You have my pm.
Wow, this support gem, and having it be more accessible makes it fun to play a Bow Ranger again. This + Poison Arrow + Point Blank Shot makes for a Ranger that doesn't fly through mana, but isn't OP, either.

Split Arrow is too expensive to use unless you are using some whacked out build, and lightning arrow isn't as interesting as a DOT style of play to me.

Thank you for offering it as a quest reward soon enough that we can actually enjoy playing a Ranger about at the time that Lightning Arrow also becomes costly mana-wise for those that don't mind being a little more patient and letting things die in a big cloud of green while we chuckle as they rush at us and keel over!
Last edited by aerows on Apr 5, 2012, 3:19:21 AM
"
dust7 wrote:
This is the wrong thread for this. You have my pm.

I'm not sure why this isn't the thread to talk about the skill gem in question...

It gives a 30% penalty to damage for using it, so if they stack gems you'd get diminishing returns on your number of arrows. Each of those arrows would not be doing full damage so I see no reason why you think it'll be overpowered.
Last edited by Andir on Apr 5, 2012, 3:23:54 PM
Great move to split Multiple Projectiles into two different gems. I actually prefer Lesser on those skills I've tried it on so far (Spark, Elemental Hit with wand and Fireball).

+1 to this however.

"
dust7 wrote:
I have one major gripe with this support gem: projectile SPELLS supported by it are able to hit the same enemy with multiple fireballs/ice spears/etc. This does not work for arrows or wand-attacks.

The problem here is that multiple projectiles should not be a gem to maximize your single-target dps, but with projectile spells it does exactly that (while maximizing dps vs multiple targets at the same time, of course). Casters using projectile spells should be forced to use two instances of their projectile spell as well (just like archers or wand users have to with their projectile attacks), one with multi for multiple targets, one without multi for single targets.
IGN : Jovial
I've combined my Lesser Multiple Projectiles gem with my lightning arrow, causing 3 lightning arrows to be fired.

Now, my understanding of lightning arrow is that it hits and causes damage to nearby mobs. So, if the arrow splits into 3 and hits 3 mobs that are close enough for the AoE, I believe that each arrow should cause AoE damage to the nearby mobs.

I've tested this briefly and the damage does not appear to stack up like this. Please can anyone confirm if they experience the same and if so, is this intended?
Xulfer, weapon skills tend to work so that you can only hit each enemy once per attack.

I also thought it might score multiple hits, but that would frankly be insanely overpowered. Lightning arrow is already quite good just hitting everything once.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info