Lesser Multiple Projectiles

Is there still - crit on this gem? Or is it removed?

I saw the original multiple projectiles thread, and saw the -crit, but no where can I find the description in game.

edit: NVM, found the patch notes that says -crit is being removed.
Alice_of_Wraeclast - Dagger CI Witch
Alice_MadnessReturns - Molten Strike AoF witch
Flavour Build concept taken from Alice: Madness Returns
Last edited by wxyjac on Jun 27, 2012, 4:05:32 PM
Hi Mark,

not sure if this is a bug or intentional (there have been other, unanswered threads in other boards for this), but when LMP+Frenzy from a wand hits three targets, I still only get one charge.

Given that I'm effectively doing three attacks for the extra cost (and it's not cheap), and I figure all 'procs' kick in with each connected hit, I'm slightly confused as to why LMP wouldn't provide the charges for Power Siphon or Frenzy per monster hit rather than simply 'this skill hit, you get a charge'.

Because if that is the case, I perhaps might as well not use LMP for charge gain at all.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
It is intentional, you get a frenzy charge if you hit a target, not for each target you hit. Also it would just be a bit overpowered to get that many charges.
Yes, I suppose it would be for some builds. It'd be nice for mine, though. Ah well.

At least I'll be able to use cheaper Frenzy and Power Siphon shots. :)
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Jul 12, 2012, 8:40:28 PM
Has there been discussion about adding this gem to the list of possible quest rewards for mages?
this gem's per level scaling is completely out of whack with other abilities and gems. 2% increased projectile damage equates to a 6% per level increase in damage. No other ability even comes close to this kind of scaling. It should be toned down to be more in line with other abilities. Even 0.5% per gem level would be on the high end of damage increases.
Well its not only related to this gem, but strongly, so I post it here.

The andvantages of LMP (as well as GMP) are the facts you can transform a single target spell into kind of an area one, and secondly the "shotgunning" for solo targets.

Sadly the AI can't handle the usage of how the effect is implemented quite adequate. So the effect is almost completely useless on Minions
(well right now only ranged specteres, but I hope that'll change somewhen ;) )
as they spread the angle of the projectiles to wide (often more than 90°-180° if near) and with that is very unlikely to be of any use.

As a more tactical dynamic AI usage shurely is difficult to implement, maybe just the "shotgunning" part could be with a fixed more tight angle for AI usage. So it could have at least some use there.
Last edited by Seelenernter on Aug 24, 2012, 12:53:28 PM
I was wondering if someone have tried link a Lesser Multiple Projectiles and (Greater) Multiple Projectiles to a skill. Does this even work?

Would be awesome to see someone spam seven Fireballs.

-KineseN
"
KineseN wrote:
I was wondering if someone have tried link a Lesser Multiple Projectiles and (Greater) Multiple Projectiles to a skill. Does this even work?

-KineseN

It does work, although the damage penalty gets pretty severe because both are "less" damage. Each projectile only does 35% of the normal damage =(. Still, tons of fireballs are hilarious! =D
"
Aplier wrote:
"
KineseN wrote:

-KineseN

It does work, although the damage penalty gets pretty severe because both are "less" damage. Each projectile only does 35% of the normal damage =(. Still, tons of fireballs are hilarious! =D

The damage penalty is very severe on lower levels of the gems, but don't forget that higher level gems get a damage bonus to offset it. Assuming everything is done additively (I can't be arsed to check) by level 15 or so LMP has no penalty at all and GMP has only -20%.

The real reason not to combine the two gems at higher levels is the prohibitively high mana costs, and the fact that the spread can only tighten so much for shotgunning (assuming your skill is shotgunnable at all).
Last edited by CSmuggler on Sep 11, 2012, 4:13:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info