Lesser Multiple Projectiles

"
CSmuggler wrote:
"
Aplier wrote:
"
KineseN wrote:
I was wondering if someone have tried link a Lesser Multiple Projectiles and (Greater) Multiple Projectiles to a skill. Does this even work?

Would be awesome to see someone spam seven Fireballs.

-KineseN

It does work, although the damage penalty gets pretty severe because both are "less" damage. Each projectile only does 35% of the normal damage =(. Still, tons of fireballs are hilarious! =D

The damage penalty is very severe on lower levels of the gems, but don't forget that higher level gems get a damage bonus to offset it. Assuming everything is done additively (I can't be arsed to check) by level 15 or so LMP has no penalty at all and GMP has only -20%.

The real reason not to combine the two gems at higher levels is the prohibitively high mana costs, and the fact that the spread can only tighten so much for shotgunning (assuming your skill is shotgunnable at all).

more/less=multiplicative
increased/decreased=additive

So lets say you have
-100% increased damage from your support skill gem
-50% increased damage from your nodes
-50% decreased damage from your skill gem
-65% less damage from your skill gem
-55% less damage from a support skill gem
-50% more damage from another support skill gem

you will deal (100+100+50-50)*(1-0.65)*(1-0.55)*(1+0.5)=47.25% damage

Last edited by Baki on Sep 20, 2012, 4:31:05 AM
Any plans to make the behaviour of multiple projectiles more more consistant? :)
For some skills one target can only be hit by one projectile while from other skills they can.

for example monsters with multiple projectiles seems to always be able to hit you with several projectiles from the same spell/attack

and for players only some spells seem to do this,
these are the ones i have tested that seemed to work:
Fireball (Spell)
Spark (Spell)
Arctic breath (Spell)

and these does not:
Ethereal knives (Spell)
any projectile attack (afaik)

and i cant really tell wheter ice spear works or not :)
the way i know for the other spells is that if i got multiple projectiles and no piercing effect when i shoot a monster right next to me all the projectiles dissapear after hiting one target.

and from what i have read about Freezing Pulse multiple projectiles can hit the same target also.
Last edited by Mizzajl on Dec 21, 2012, 1:27:14 PM
"
Mizzajl wrote:
Any plans to make the behaviour of multiple projectiles more more consistant? :)
For some skills one target can only be hit by one projectile while from other skills they can.

The distinction lies between Spell versus Attack. The exception to this rule is Ethereal Knives, which specifically lists the no-shotgun clause in its description (it says something akin to "Each monster can only be hit by 1 projectile"). So basically, your results are entirely accurate, and technically consistent :P
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Mizzajl wrote:

The distinction lies between Spell versus Attack. The exception to this rule is Ethereal Knives, which specifically lists the no-shotgun clause in its description (it says something akin to "Each monster can only be hit by 1 projectile"). So basically, your results are entirely accurate, and technically consistent :P

Im sorry but where is this information about Ethereal Knives?
Unavailable

and i belive that monsters can hit the same target with multiple projectiles from both Attacks and Spells.
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Huh, apparently they dropped that line at some point (most likely not intentional). Used to be there.
I've seen a lot of players in chat complain about LMP+chain combo, asking for nerfs - please don't nerf. Buff fork or pierce or any other skill, just don't nerf skills to the ground (lmp in this case).

Blizz tried to do that with D3, and we all know how that ended. The point of ARPG is facerolling everything and feeling op.

Just wanted to say this:)
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
That's your point in ARPGs.
As much as that's nice sometimes, I prefer a challenge.
And not only on bosses, bosses break up the flow with a weird 1on1 fight with a few trash mobs in between, totally not fitting the flow you normally set up.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
May I ask how the damage is calculated for LMP? It feels VERY wrong for me.
If a post like this exists, please give me the link. The search without parameters is horrible :/

I know that, for the case of multiplicative calculation, 30% more and less don't negate each other, but result in 1.3*0.7=0.91 => 9% less DPS.

I'm currently having LMP on level 15, therefore having 28% increased and 30% less damage.
Additive: 2% less.
Multiplicative: 10.4% less
Both would be fine. And: my damage IS fine, I don't want LMP to be buffed, but the calculation feels wrong.

FP without LMP: 2330.4 DPS, 464-696 total combined damage.
FP with lvl 15 LMP: 1759.9 DPS, 350-526 total combined damage. (per projectile)

How strange has the calculation to be to get such results?
If I'm not mistaken this leads to 75.52% of the original damage.

Could someone help me that this at least not FEELS bugged, even if my damage is fine?
Last edited by Vexra on Feb 19, 2013, 5:57:33 AM
You have a whole bunch of Increased modifiers to your damage, which are all additive with LMP's Increased damage. Gotta start with the base damage if you want to suddenly add another additive bonus. :)
Last edited by Vipermagi on Feb 19, 2013, 6:50:47 AM
Sure. I did not expect to raise the damage completly by 28%, but I also did not expect to completly lower it by 30%.
100 * (1 + 0.5 + 0.5) = 200 (for example, with 100 base and 2 times 50% increased damage).
Now, if I add -30% and +28% I'd expect this to happen:
100 * (1 + 0.5 + 0.5 + 0.28 - 0.3) = 198
However, it seems like this happens:
100 * (1 + 0.5 + 0.5 + 0.28) * 0.7 = 159.6

Like I said (thanks for the replay btw), my damage is completly fine, it just "feels" wrong.

EDIT: Ah, it's mentioned some posts above and I didn't see it. That's sad :( But still, at least I know why, that's enough.
Last edited by Vexra on Feb 19, 2013, 12:34:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info