Lesser Multiple Projectiles

Unavailable
Unavailable
Balance & Design
Last bumped on Jan 10, 2018, 1:44:29 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
dust7 wrote:
The letter for this skill is 'a', just like for the increased accuracy support gem. Very confusing if you are using both.
Fixed, thanks.
"
Xulfer wrote:
I've combined my Lesser Multiple Projectiles gem with my lightning arrow, causing 3 lightning arrows to be fired.

Now, my understanding of lightning arrow is that it hits and causes damage to nearby mobs. So, if the arrow splits into 3 and hits 3 mobs that are close enough for the AoE, I believe that each arrow should cause AoE damage to the nearby mobs.

I've tested this briefly and the damage does not appear to stack up like this. Please can anyone confirm if they experience the same and if so, is this intended?
Each arrow can hit something only once. Each explosion can hit something only once. An explosion can't hit the final target of it's arrow (the one it exploded on).
However, if two enemies are close enough together, and both are hit by arrows from the same lightning arrow shot, each can be caught in the explosion of the other, as well as taking the damage from the arrow that hit them.
Also, even with just one arrow it's possible to have it pierce through enemy A (arrow damages A), and this can cause an explosion hitting enemy B, behind him (explosion damages B). Then because the arrow pierced A, it will travel through and hit B (arrow damages B), causing an explosion that can hit A (explosion damages A).
In that case the one arrow hit each of them with an arrow hit and an explosion in total, but each arrow hit and each explosion only hit one at a time.
"
Xulfer wrote:
Just to make sure I'm understanding this correctly, let's say there's mob A, B and C. My lightning arrow splits into 3, the first part of which hits mob A. This does explosion damage to mob B and C. The second arrow hits mob B, exploding on mobs A and C. The third hits mob C, causing exploding damage on A and B. Is this correct? It seems to me that the damage I've experienced doesn't stack up to 3 explosions plus and arrow's worth.
This is theoretically possible if they're all bunched up close enough together, and there aren't other monsters also in range that would take some of the damage instead (since number of targets hit is limited).

"
Xulfer wrote:
Let's also suppose there is mob D which doesn't get hit by an arrow but is close enough for explosion damage. As lightning arrow hits up to 3 mobs nearby with this damage, does mob D take explosive damage from the arrows that hit A B and C i.e. 3 lots of explosive damage?
Potentially, yes, with the same caveats as above.
"
adipy wrote:
I know the very first post was about this, but LMP appears to apply the 30% damage penalty to spells but not attacks. Fireball & ice spear lose DPS but lightning arrow and power siphon do not. They do benefit from the +damage% on a leveled LMP however.
That's definitely working for me, so it has been fixed, but I can't say for sure if that fix made it to beta yet. At the very least it should be fixed in 0.9.9 if it's not already.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info