Elemental Proliferation

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
EP mechanically uses aura tech under the hood to create it's effect, but these are not actually considered auras and are not affected by aura-specific modifiers. Note that the support does not use the word aura at any point to describe it's effect.

its also missing the AOE Keyword :)

EP visual effect does not seem to be increased by larger aoe, but some mobs (the dogs in docks) seem to make the visual effect scale up by alot.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Shattered enemies don't leave corpses, so Cold-critting stuff to death kills off the Proliferate.

Noooooooo! :(
I just discovered this on my own, my Ice Spear + Cold to Fire + Crit Damage + Elemental Proliferation build is ruined! :(
Does Chaos work with this?

Prolly not, Wiki doesnt say
"
wasabisamurai wrote:
Does Chaos work with this?

Prolly not, Wiki doesnt say

As far as I know, Chaos is not considered an element and does not have an elemental status effect.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
EP mechanically uses aura tech under the hood to create it's effect, but these are not actually considered auras and are not affected by aura-specific modifiers. Note that the support does not use the word aura at any point to describe it's effect.

While experimenting, I discovered (what was to me) a counterintuitive result of this aura-based mechanic. It's well known that if a frozen enemy is shattered, it will no longer proliferate additional status ailments as a corpse would. What was surprising to me was that existing status ailments disappear once an enemy is shattered. That is, all other enemies immediately became unfrozen (and I assume, would no longer be shocked or ignited) as soon as the one I was attacking died.

From the "spread" in the skill description of elemental proliferation, I thought that after the status ailment "spread" to other enemies, it would remain on these enemies for the expected duration. Sure, I can accept that an exploded corpse can't spread new status ailments to new enemies, but I did not expect all of the enemies to suddenly become unfrozen the second the first one died.

This is also dangerous behavior, as all previously frozen enemies suddenly attack at once. I would argue that this behavior (much more so than the inconvenience that the corpse cannot continue to spread status ailments) really makes EP unusable with freeze.

It would make much more sense to me if (and I would suggest that) once an ailment has "spread" to another enemy, it would remain there for the expected duration, regardless of whether the first enemy is shattered.

I don't know how easy or difficult this is within the game design. Perhaps this can still use the aura mechanic, if rather than spreading the status ailment directly, the aura instructed monsters (as in freeze mine) to be frozen/ignited/shocked "as though" hit by X damage.

In the meantime, I would suggest that the skill description be changed to better reflect the current EP mechanics. Perhaps it could be something like: "Elemental Status Effects caused by supported Skills are also experienced by nearby enemies" or even "Elemental Status Effects caused by supported Skills are also experienced by enemies close to the affected enemy or corpse."
Last edited by FrederickHermanJonesJr on Feb 27, 2013, 11:28:19 AM
The spread is not (And is not intended to be) a one-time thing. Other entities only have the ailment while the original one is spreading it. If it's removed, it's not spreading anything, so nothing can be affected by it.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
The spread is not (And is not intended to be) a one-time thing. Other entities only have the ailment while the original one is spreading it. If it's removed, it's not spreading anything, so nothing can be affected by it.

This makes the support both not very intuitive and not very useful. Since when do things catch un-fire?
because magic? sorry had to say it >.> ...prolif is more like a buff than a status effect, it makes sense that if the source of the buff ends, then the effects end on everything in range it was affecting from the original source.
"
Zaanus wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

This makes the support both not very intuitive and not very useful. Since when do things catch un-fire?

Actually, this only happens with freeze, because when they die they will often shatter, making the corpse disapear which instantly cancels EP. In the case of burn and shock, the corpse is still there and still generating the aura. I mentionned it a bit earlier but if you have EP with Fire, even if the mob dies instantly, if it proc ignite, then the corpse will keep generating the aura(which is actually visible on some maps, looks like a red pulsing light) and any monster entering that area after that will spontanously combust and start taking burning damage. Which is why EP is very strong with Fire since the Ignite debuff lasts for 4secs(potentially more depending on items) and keeps igniting stuff even when the initial target dies creating an area similar to fire trap burning ground but a lot stronger(assuming large hits, like with explo arrow or molten shell and to an extent fireball especially single conc effect fireball).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info