Elemental Proliferation

Correct, the Ignite will also suffer the Damage penalty on top of the initial Hit being weaker.
Which is frankly ridiculous.

So if you did 100 damage with a normal hit, you would get an ignite worth 20 damage per second for 4 seconds, totalling 180 damage altogether.

With Level 20 Proliferation (21% less), you end up with a 79 damage hit and an ignite of 12 damage per second for 4 seconds, totalling 127 damage.

So if you are relying on Ignite, even a level 20 proliferation is basically a 30% less damage modifier overall.

It's atrocious and they need to fix it.

Particularly with how Poison proliferation is in the current build.
It's worth noting that +2 maps are a dangerous thing.
They can cause players to get out of their depth -
playing maps that are too hard for the items they currently have. Herp Derp.
"
the_Bur wrote:
Gonna leave this question here as well from the 2.1 Manifesto Post

"

We've reduced the area of effect bonuses available in the tree slightly, but increased the base radius of some skills that were smaller than others like Storm Call and Glacial Cascade, as well as any corpse-destroying effects like Detonate Dead and Abyssal Cry.

Seems like AoE-Skills have been reworked. What about Elemental Proliferation? Was it buffed as well to compensate the balances (or even more to make it viable once again!?!) or is it buried in oblivion once and for all?

Exactly! Don't understand why GGG have to be so extreme. I admit that previous aoe radius was unreasonably wide but now?.. This support gem has only limited use with builds heavily speced into aoe radius scalling and even then it's not worth it.

I suggest:
- no penatly for initial hit
- penalty for proliferated effects (burn damage / shock, freeze, chill duration)
- reasonable aoe radius (untag AOE?)
Last edited by Langhun on Jan 14, 2016, 10:44:51 AM
Dmg nerf is all good, but pls just a litle bit more radius for ascendency. Make it 15 or so, just to show some good will ! :(
ign: UpForJava
This support gem really needs to be looked at again. Hopefully by ascendancy.
I'm trying to revive my burning chinsol arrow trapper and it seem also that the status ailsment does not proliferate like before ?

I mena before we were seeing the red circle and it was proliferating around
now the circle stay only where the target is even in group... so we dont have the spreading effect like before
Last edited by ffogell on Mar 7, 2016, 2:48:03 PM
That's working as it always has. If you only Ignite one dude, you only get one Proliferate Aura. Sure you weren't using Herald of Ash + Prolif and going for overkill damage?
"
Vipermagi wrote:
That's working as it always has. If you only Ignite one dude, you only get one Proliferate Aura. Sure you weren't using Herald of Ash + Prolif and going for overkill damage?

Been a while I played that character but I'm sure that before the Ele prolif aura was actualy spreading also with the ignite...

Looks at this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7HjT3lS3tk

You clearly see the ignite spreading really large and the only way for it to work is for the elemental proliferation status to spread because even without the radius nerf it should not be that bad.

Anyway right now , its sad , I have no damage problem but the fact that the proliferation isnt as wide makes the build unplayable :(
The Ignite spreads so far because Proliferation's base radius was nearly three times larger than it is now. That's all you're seeing. EP was hit really hard.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
The Ignite spreads so far because Proliferation's base radius was nearly three times larger than it is now. That's all you're seeing. EP was hit really hard.

If that is the case the nerf bat hit too hard lol, too bad its under GGG's radar right now o_O

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info