Elemental Proliferation

Unavailable
Unavailable
Balance & Design
Last bumped on Nov 15, 2017, 8:39:10 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
I assume this can be paired with "chance to ignite". Granting Burn to a skill, then allowing that burn to AoE ^_^.
More general burning question: if I increase the ignite(odd not burn) duration by 30% it increases the duration by 1.2 seconds. Would they take 1/3 damage each second for 5.2 seconds. and the last tick is simply 20% of 1/3(6.6%)

Someone claimed that they didnt think it could be found as a quest reward. Will suck if its by drop only.
Chaos Is Life, Life Is Chaos, Control Is An Illusion.
Thanks Maetaphor for my Beta Key :)
Last edited by Ledrif on Mar 19, 2012, 9:07:59 PM
If you link this to Shock Nova, and hit 3 grouped up monsters with a crit, will their Shock status spread around granting 3 stacks instantly? I assume Freezing and Burning don't stack.
Last edited by Squidgyxombie on Mar 20, 2012, 5:48:09 PM
I cant say for certain, but just last night I read a post from "a yellow" saying that they dont stack. They each occur for burning a step farther of the highest dmg.
So if you shock for 6 seconds, then 2 seconds later shock for 5 seconds. Its shocked for 6, and 1 second remaining from the second shock for 7. If it has 3 shocks all at 6 seconds, all three simply end after 6.
However if one of the three crit, I would imagine it would carry over the extra shock to the units that only got a base shock.
I'm also curious how the exact mechanics work for spreading. I notice the "rings" shown when you hit a mob and it receives an elemental status but is it instantaneous or is it delayed where anyone walking in the ring gets it?

And does adding "increased AoE" connected to this support work for the radius? You can't support a support right?
hmm good question. Although Prolith Adds the effect to the skill itself, thats what supports do. So I would assume the AoE is now a aspect of the base skill. But does it go by order. Wouldnt think so.

In my case, Ignite causes the skill to grant burn, since most skills dont. So Prolith Should proc off heavy strike since heavy strike now causes a burn.

To defend it, im almost certain Elemental dmg enhances the damage from any elemental gem, since the gem is adding damage to the skill, then all the damage is increased together.
I was playing around with this gem, and i was having alot of fun just firestorm/chance to ignite/ proliferation. I would like a real answer as to whether or not the burn damage spreads addatively, or even seperately. each fireball from the sky does very little damage, but there are alot of them each catching people on fire, it quickly lights a whole pack on fire, but do they each only have 1 burn?

whichever is the highest dmg one to hit them? (only replaced if a higher dmg burn appears)

do they each have the last burn they were given? (each new burn replaced the old even if lower dmg)

or do they each have each burn that effected them, all burning down on thier own timers? (burning for 24, 25, 25, and 27, all at the same time, on seperate timers)

please tell me its the last one :)
Found the post I read the other day:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Illedran wrote:
Real-life examples in a fantastic game are pretty idiotic, don't you think? :P
Anywho, if I have an ignite that deals 100 damage, and right after that one that deals 10, the one that deals 10 is kept, not 100(as far as I know).
This is not true. Both burns are on the monster, but only one (always the one with higher damage) is causing damage at a time. You'll get the full damage from the high burn in that scenario, and when it runs out the other one will do damage for the remainder of it's duration.

Chilled and Freeze work in the exact same way - if multiples are on a monster, only the one with the greatest effect affects the monster.
"
Both burns are on the monster, but only one (always the one with higher damage) is causing damage at a time. You'll get the full damage from the high burn in that scenario, and when it runs out the other one will do damage for the remainder of it's duration.

Oh my dear god! Oo
That whould explain why my AoF Marauder does a constant dps while under the diamond flask effect. He uses two right after each other.

But, how does it work with aoe skills like Leap Slam?
I want to use this support with chance to ignite.

I know the answer, it doesnt increase the dps if all get the burn by a critical, because all have the burn allrdy and the second is without effect.

With the chance to ignite support, not all get the burn by a Leap Slam. So the burn to some causes other burns to those without the initial burn. If in a cluster of 10 monster 5 get burned, its possible that all 10 get burned if they are close enough to each other.

In best case, a Leap Slam with Elemental Prol and Chance to Ignite causes 100% ignite to all.

I get rid of my increased attackspeed gem and place this one. This should be the best for non diamond flask leaping.
English is my third language, there will be bugs.
Since I dont know diamond flask, sure...
I was thinking simply HSing it, since it should/could be higher Damage than normal AoEs. But you made a good point, tech AoEing it greatly increases the odds that it will happen each strike. Although I would assume for less damage. Whereas Heavystrike or similar would allow it do be single target high damage, with a periodic aspect of a massive AoE.
Last edited by Ledrif on Mar 21, 2012, 8:46:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info