[3.5] CheeQu's CoC Ice Nova Assassin - Up to 7m Shaper DPS + Amazing Clearspeed [In-Depth Guide]

"
"
CrimsonWoe wrote:
Why doesn't this build take advantage of limit of 2 Frozen Trail unique jewels?

Hello, Frostbolt's only role in this build is to double up our Ice Nova's damage through their interaction. We only need 2 frostbolt projectiles for this. A jewel with life and crit multi will be far more valuable than a second frozen trail.

I understand that but wouldn't the damage be even further amplified with two more Frostbolts to proc more Ice Nova's off of?
"
CrimsonWoe wrote:
"
"
CrimsonWoe wrote:
Why doesn't this build take advantage of limit of 2 Frozen Trail unique jewels?

Hello, Frostbolt's only role in this build is to double up our Ice Nova's damage through their interaction. We only need 2 frostbolt projectiles for this. A jewel with life and crit multi will be far more valuable than a second frozen trail.

I understand that but wouldn't the damage be even further amplified with two more Frostbolts to proc more Ice Nova's off of?

1. Ice Nova doesn't destroy the projectiles when the interaction happens. Ice Novas can use the same projectiles many times.

2. Ice Nova can proc out of a maximum of 2 frostbolt projectiles, not more than that.

One of these two should be the answer to your question :P
Last edited by CheeQu on Dec 26, 2018, 4:35:48 AM
i'm curious for the reason why you take bonechill and not Vaal righteous fire.

According to poe wiki Bonechill Support is a support gem that provides damage bonuses, mostly for cold damage over time

As the wiki suggests it only increases the DOT damage i think neither frostbolt nor ice nova are Dot damage right?
"
1. Ice Nova doesn't destroy the projectiles when the interaction happens. Ice Novas can use the same projectiles many times.

2. Ice Nova can proc out of a maximum of 2 frostbolt projectiles, not more than that.

The second one did! Thanks a lot for the info, great guide as well! I haven't had this much fun with a new build for a long time!

I'm still leveling and my health seems kind of low as well as single target seems a little lack-luster but I'm thinking it's just because I am missing the recommended amulet. Mind taking a quick look at my gear and letting me know what you think? Keep in mind I have a 6L Loreweave in my stash that I am just trying color correctly, it's being difficult...
"
i'm curious for the reason why you take bonechill and not Vaal righteous fire.

According to poe wiki Bonechill Support is a support gem that provides damage bonuses, mostly for cold damage over time

As the wiki suggests it only increases the DOT damage i think neither frostbolt nor ice nova are Dot damage right?

The line that's important for this build in Bonechill is this: "Enemies in Chilling Areas from Supported Skills have Cold Damage taken increased by Chill Effect".

Which means enemies take increased cold damage based on the ground effect chill of vortex. We increase that effect with the support gems from a base of 10% to 20%.

Bonechill can also increase damage for damage over time skills as you say, but that doesn't concern us here.
"
CrimsonWoe wrote:
"

The second one did! Thanks a lot for the info, great guide as well! I haven't had this much fun with a new build for a long time!

I'm still leveling and my health seems kind of low as well as single target seems a little lack-luster but I'm thinking it's just because I am missing the recommended amulet. Mind taking a quick look at my gear and letting me know what you think? Keep in mind I have a 6L Loreweave in my stash that I am just trying color correctly, it's being difficult...

Glad to hear you are having fun through the leveling proccess! That's the most important thing :P

Regarding your HP: I see your gear is looking good, maybe low life roll on gloves and belts but other than pretty solid. You can refund the 2 passive points for the unused jewel socket and also one more 4% life node at the top left and get "Constitution" node. that should increase your HP a bit for now.

Regarding DPS: make sure you are not using that silver flask for when you need that DPS as it increases your attack speed above the optimal! Also (stating the obvious to make sure) use flame dash for arcane surge and vortex on enemies at the start of the fight. And lastly your gems might be little low level for a lvl87 char, once these are leveled up that should also help a lot.

Let me know if that helps!
Last edited by CheeQu on Dec 26, 2018, 5:33:27 AM
Great build! I saw only two or maybe three chars on poe.ninja using a belt with 14% cooldown recovery speed, most of them are using only 12% crafts or nothing. So they are all misguided souls? In PoB is no differnce betweeen 12% and 14% on a belt. Thanks!

"
ImpulZze90 wrote:
Great build! I saw only two or maybe three chars on poe.ninja using a belt with 14% cooldown recovery speed, most of them are using only 12% crafts or nothing. So they are all misguided souls? In PoB is no differnce betweeen 12% and 14% on a belt. Thanks!

Yes sadly, this information isn't well known. Also PoB doesn't account for server ticks, just raw calculations so it doesn't show a difference. I tested this myself with recording a slow-motion video and counted the procs. Once with 12% increased cooldown recovery (I also had the crafted mod at the beggining) and once with 15% and the differencce was just huge!
"
ImpulZze90 wrote:

You can calculate the difference easily. without the Cooldown Recovery it has 0.15 sec internal CD, which means it can proc 6.6667≈6.7 times per sec.

With the Cooldown Recovery you have 0.13 CD according to POB, therefore you have 7.6923≈ 7.7 procs per sec.

from 6.7 to 7.7 it's about 1-(6.7/7.7)=0.13= 13% more damage assuming you have 100% cyclone crit chance. you could reach that.

i wouldn't say that's huge, considering you need to sacrifice some important stats to get those CD recoveries. And by no means i think they're game changing to this build. often times, i think it's a stretch at best.
"
"
ImpulZze90 wrote:

You can calculate the difference easily. without the Cooldown Recovery it has 0.15 sec internal CD, which means it can proc 6.6667≈6.7 times per sec.

With the Cooldown Recovery you have 0.13 CD according to POB, therefore you have 7.6923≈ 7.7 procs per sec.

from 6.7 to 7.7 it's about 1-(6.7/7.7)=0.13= 13% more damage assuming you have 100% cyclone crit chance. you could reach that.

i wouldn't say that's huge, considering you need to sacrifice some important stats to get those CD recoveries. And by no means i think they're game changing to this build. often times, i think it's a stretch at best.

Even though your thinking is absolutely right, what you said is false as you have to account for server ticks (check the first spoiler under "gear" section)

Also increased cooldown recovery is pretty "cheap" to get (in terms of resources, not currency) - only 1 mod from a rare and you are set. But yes, you can do fine without it.
Last edited by CheeQu on Dec 26, 2018, 7:48:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info