[3.5] CheeQu's CoC Ice Nova Assassin - Up to 7m Shaper DPS + Amazing Clearspeed [In-Depth Guide]

"
Lunoxx wrote:
Hey, i use this build just a bit as an inspiration, as i play it as occultist.
My question is just, where the blind comes from? i just cant see the source :D

It comes from the Pandemonius (Blind Chilled Enemies on Hit)
My stream: https://www.twitch.tv/m_bison__
Still only 76, under leveled gems, and missing pandemonius, but holy shit.... After getting last ascendancy (under leveled when I did, Insta phased Izaro) the build is crazy!! Thank you for curbing my altoholism, because this one is going to 90+!
So I went the god tier with unnatural instict and 14% cooldown belt. My character page says I have 2.5 attacks per second but I think its supposed to be way more. Am I looking at the wrong thing?
Hey all, been really enjoying the build but sort of hit a ceiling in terms of the upgrade paths of the build - followed the guide and did a bit of my own stuff in terms of my preferred QOL things. Im basically just missing the ES on hit watcher's eye as theyre 10 ex+ and currently dont have funds for that.

For example, I have used a warlords mark on hit ring because I find I still dont have enough mana regeneration without the warlord's leech, especially evident in hexproof maps, and also means i can do "No regen" maps as though it isnt a thing.

I chose to go with atziri's acuity as I had been desperate to try them out and after getting a sick 20 ex watcher's eye drop i bought a pair immediately and fell in love. My leech is totally insane and I have never died while actually attacking enemies, only if i stop or i get actually one-shotted through my 8.5k EHP. However this does stretch my resists quite a lot and as a result, I had to resort to using some jewels to fix them up a bit, but on the plus side I'm actually totally resistance balanced by chance, so wise oak has become a LOT stronger.

I haven't had much chance to try Uber elder since he's such a pain in the ass to setup, and I've been farming elder toxic sewers and need him for the ping-pong strat to help maintain maps. this build is incredible for mapping and while it's not as fast as the tornado shot, KB or other autobomber builds it still keeps up and also has the EHP and single target to make it viable for all content.

Check my profile and character for stats and gear (Ultraxite, char = ViNaturae) and id love any feedback. I also want your guys opinion on a CI version of this build since I find our lack of chaos damage resistance kind of a pain in the ass (especially farming elder toxic sewers, sometimes a juiced up twinned spider boss can kill me out of nowhere which isnt particularly nice), and I have a natural affinity/desire towards ES builds as i love them thematically and functionally over life, and it also frees up flask slots for either more dps or more utility.

I have a theoretical POB with some gear from other characters slapped on, dont mind the fucked up strength or resistances as I would obviously fix those up if i were to try this version. Is 8.5k+ ES not enough, and would acuities simply not be usable (they provide SOOOO much leech, its incredible)? I also have a watcher's eye from my RF build that has ES recovery rate, ie a more multiplier for regen/leech. Since our damage is so high we can dedicate so much of our build to defences/utility on the tree, for example when i used my base build and dropped the life for ES and reworked the tree, i lost almost no DPS and gained some amount of EHP (and its still fully unoptimised). Getting a shaped crystal belt means you guarantee +80 ES and the CDR, with potential for a T1 ES roll/craft and/or ANOTHER ES recovery mod, making your leech skyrocket.

POB Here: https://pastebin.com/2LyWqtMZ

Thanks everyone!
gotta do what you gotta do
"
Nordatheman wrote:
Thanks for making this build guide:) Was playing Winter orb Elementalist before this also with tier 1 clear speed, 8k life and easy uber elder kill dmg (2:20min kill). But with this one, I just completely erased uber elder and shaper from the planet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yANv_ybVu94&t=2s

Have way over 10 million shaper dps and still all the defense in the original build. Changed a few items and using the fact that abyss jewels are completely OP and will both scale our dmg and life to new levels. Most of my rare gear is self-crafted and did not cost me a lot, highly recommend multi-crafting in 3.5.

If you can find any upgrades to be made, please write:)

Phenomenal gear mate. I think for uber 10% ele pen might still outperform 1-160 lightning damage on the boots, but you've no doubt already pob'd that.

That uber video is terrific, you played it so well - you obviously know the fight intimately, you were able to move from phase to phase knowing exactly what was coming next and where to be, when to move in and when to move away etc.

There is one scary moment when a shaper ball gets you and you go below 1k life, but you quickly recover from there. What's also interesting is your flask management, showing no signs of panic etc.

Gz!
Last edited by mrpetrov on Jan 16, 2019, 10:42:54 AM

I will kill shaper using those bad boys today.
"
Dkodr wrote:
@Phizeek

First thing I would do is to drop Blood Rage, the frenzy charges it generates ruins you CoC proc rate by going above the Cyclone 3,75 Attack Rate.

Also, you are super overcapped on reisstances, you can change some of that with damage mods some way or another.

Last thing I would do is to take the 2 remaining jewel nodes instead of the Throatseeker nodes, 2 good jewels will give you same damage and life as well.

Have a look at this tree:

https://pastebin.com/5Wg7TzDs

Hey, thanks for the reply! I'm actually not using blood rage, but was trying it out yesterday and forgot to unsocket it. As far as the tree, that actually looks good. I was thinking something like that when I was messing around in PoB. The only real issue I'm having is that PoB calculates unnatural instinct wrong and says you get 20 Dex from it, when you really only get 10, so I would have to find a way to make up the 7 Dex I'd be missing if I switched to that tree.
"
djnat wrote:
"
Nordatheman wrote:

Does spell echo work in the cospri setup? I was pretty sure that it didn't work with triggers.

Im using at the moment the spell echo gem, and the skill says, it works.But i cant tell 100% that better or not. :D
Spell Echo is only for selfcast, so it doesn't work when you trigger spells. It does show on tooltip but that is because of less damage.
"
djnat wrote:
"
Nordatheman wrote:

Does spell echo work in the cospri setup? I was pretty sure that it didn't work with triggers.

According to the Wiki, Spell Echo only works when the skill is casted by the player. So, using Spell Echo on this build is a DPS loss since it is doing nothing for you. I would recommend Hypothermia or Cold Pen.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info