[3.5] CheeQu's CoC Ice Nova Assassin - Up to 7m Shaper DPS + Amazing Clearspeed [In-Depth Guide]

"
Spell Echo is only for selfcast, so it doesn't work when you trigger spells. It does show on tooltip but that is because of less damage.

Exactly, that's what I thought too.

I'm using Hypothermia in the cospri setup.
Quick question, how far can this build go without a Cospris?
Hi, does anyone else notice the attacks per second for cyclone in pob is much lower than the character sheet in game? Does anyone know which is the correct one?
Last edited by asillygoose on Jan 16, 2019, 2:08:40 PM
"
Draegan101 wrote:
Quick question, how far can this build go without a Cospris?

Less than half DPS.

You could make it work right up there with this build with a cant be evaded 7S CoC sword but that costs even more than cospri to make. Like 10ex.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jan 16, 2019, 2:28:51 PM
@OP

Well done. Awesome build which has allowed me to kill my first ever Shaper, Red Elder & Uber Elder. This is a fun build which i hope many people will enjoy just like i did.

@People wanting to try this build,
Spoiler

I recently (3.5) killed Red Elder, Shaper & Uber elder with this build and therefore recommend this build wholeheartedly to any player wanting to try it out. Here are a few things i noticed along the way which might help people with this build.

1. People can play this build comfortably to T13/14 with a tabula, Cospri's & Lycasidea (and rare gear in other slots). Getting a 6-link Loreweave can be a long road so playing with a tab till the late Yellow maps/Early red maps isnt beyond reach.

2. Do not underestimate the power of The Pandemonius. This neck will be a HUGE improvement to people's damage & survivability. I did shaper guardians & Shaper before i had the neck and after, and the difference is night and day with how much punishment this build can take (Plus skipping entire phases is always a nice thing to survivability as in, u wont need any :3, This rule does not apply to Uber Elder which i will explain in a later section further down the comment). Everything else is a easily duable even without Pandemonius.

3. I felt that lvl 93 is a lvl people should aim for as this is the point where people should have around 6k health (more if they have uber gear). This is the amount of health i feel this build can avoid being one shot by certain mechanics for shaper/red elder/guardians (Obviously there are exceptions to this rule with regards to rolls on maps).

4. Socket colouring your loreweave is gonna be a pain in the ass (same goes for starkoja's, but to as lesser degree), so be prepared to sink a lot of chrome's into this (Unless u are blessed by the RNG gods)

5. Using Fortify in your chest makes a huge difference as i had problems staying alive with the Syndicate. Physical is damage which should be mitigated as much as possible as we are constantly within melee range.

6. With regards to flasks i still use a mana flask as i have slight problems with mana. Sometimes i simply run out as i whirl too much. I can however see the view of the OP that if you are good that you can simply forgo this flask for a damage flask.

7. No Life/shield/mana regen & Temperol Chains map rolls are not recommended above T15 maps. It can be done, but not recommended.

8. Do not be scared off by the initial investment cost of this build. Granted this build is by no means a cheap one (for us plebs at least). If people follow the guide and aim for enough currency for a Cospri, Lycosidea & a Tabula (like i did) then the build would be able to fund itself after a while.

9. With regards to Syndicate. They hurt (Especially physical orientated ones), however as previously mentioned, the Pandemonius makes a world of difference and i am currently able to tank all without too many problems.

My gear at the time of first Uber Elder kill

Spoiler

With regards to my first Uber Elder kill, i died 2 times. This is imo because i was impatient. With the gear i currently have, the playstyle of this build for the majority of fights literally changed into a "Whirlwind like a madman, it will surely skip phases & die" mentality. This does not apply to Uber Elder, however i killed it very quickly and i have no doubt, if i were more patient (thus avoid crap & a little bit of kiting) the fight would have gone faster and most likely deathless.

Gear comments:

Spoiler

My gear is imo not overpowered at all as im missing a few things that the OP suggested:

- Helmet Enchant
- Focus on Ring
- 14% Cospri's
- Cooldown recovery on Belt
- Good Healthpool on Loreweave
- etc

The OP has done a fabulous job of writing this build thread and this build can go complete ham if people were to invest a load of ex in it.

All in all, i would ballpark my current build at around 15/16 ex, a month orso into the league.

I will continue to improve this build and have aimed my sights on deathless Uber Elder & Uber Atziri.

Well done build, well done written build guide.

Cheers.
Last edited by Lycart on Jan 16, 2019, 3:45:30 PM
He's saying at Loreweave that is MANDATORY to have 80% res. Why is that? I found a cheap one at 79%. Am I missing something or the 1% :D.

Thank you!
"
Lycart wrote:
@OP

Well done. Awesome build which has allowed me to kill my first ever Shaper, Red Elder & Uber Elder. This is a fun build which i hope many people will enjoy just like i did.

@People wanting to try this build,
Spoiler

I recently (3.5) killed Red Elder, Shaper & Uber elder with this build and therefore recommend this build wholeheartedly to any player wanting to try it out. Here are a few things i noticed along the way which might help people with this build.

1. People can play this build comfortably to T13/14 with a tabula, Cospri's & Lycasidea (and rare gear in other slots). Getting a 6-link Loreweave can be a long road so playing with a tab till the late Yellow maps/Early red maps isnt beyond reach.

2. Do not underestimate the power of The Pandemonius. This neck will be a HUGE improvement to people's damage & survivability. I did shaper guardians & Shaper before i had the neck and after, and the difference is night and day with how much punishment this build can take (Plus skipping entire phases is always a nice thing to survivability as in, u wont need any :3, This rule does not apply to Uber Elder which i will explain in a later section further down the comment). Everything else is a easily duable even without Pandemonius.

3. I felt that lvl 93 is a lvl people should aim for as this is the point where people should have around 6k health (more if they have uber gear). This is the amount of health i feel this build can avoid being one shot by certain mechanics for shaper/red elder/guardians (Obviously there are exceptions to this rule with regards to rolls on maps).

4. Socket colouring your loreweave is gonna be a pain in the ass (same goes for starkoja's, but to as lesser degree), so be prepared to sink a lot of chrome's into this (Unless u are blessed by the RNG gods)

5. Using Fortify in your chest makes a huge difference as i had problems staying alive with the Syndicate. Physical is damage which should be mitigated as much as possible as we are constantly within melee range.

6. With regards to flasks i still use a mana flask as i have slight problems with mana. Sometimes i simply run out as i whirl too much. I can however see the view of the OP that if you are good that you can simply forgo this flask for a damage flask.

7. No Life/shield/mana regen & Temperol Chains map rolls are not recommended above T15 maps. It can be done, but not recommended.

8. Do not be scared off by the initial investment cost of this build. Granted this build is by no means a cheap one (for us plebs at least). If people follow the guide and aim for enough currency for a Cospri, Lycosidea & a Tabula (like i did) then the build would be able to fund itself after a while.

9. With regards to Syndicate. They hurt (Especially physical orientated ones), however as previously mentioned, the Pandemonius makes a world of difference and i am currently able to tank all without too many problems.

My gear at the time of first Uber Elder kill

Spoiler

With regards to my first Uber Elder kill, i died 2 times. This is imo because i was impatient. With the gear i currently have, the playstyle literally changed in "Whirlwind like a madman, it will surely skip phases & die" mentality. Nevertheless, killed it very quickly and i have no doubt, if i were more patient (thus avoid crap) the fight would have gone faster and most likely deathless.

Gear comments:

Spoiler

My gear is imo not overpowered at all as im missing a few things that the OP suggested:

- Helmet Enchant
- Focus on Ring
- 14% Cospri's
- Cooldown recovery on Belt
- Good Healthpool on Loreweave
- etc

The OP has done a fabulous job of writing this build thread and this build can go complete ham if people were to invest a load of ex in it.

All in all, i would ballpark my current build at around 15/16 ex, a month orso into the league.

I will continue to improve this build and have aimed my sights on deathless Uber Elder & Uber Atziri.

Well done build, well done written build guide.

Cheers.

Good review - I dont know why ppl are going so offensive. This build has like 5 million with fortify in chest which is insane. The phase bosses GGG puts everywhere nowadays makes defenses paramount over DPS because you can't just DPS them all down before they can do anything like in old days. You need to survive their BS somewhat. Like you I found fortify in chest, and two leech mechanics necessary to tank stuff and beat uber elder. I tried the 6L chest and forify on whirl. missed sometimes and found myself without fortify often.
Git R Dun!
"
Postasu wrote:
He's saying at Loreweave that is MANDATORY to have 80% res. Why is that? I found a cheap one at 79%. Am I missing something or the 1% :D.

Thank you!

yeah like 5% ele dmg mitigation
@Clickar1

Thank you for the reply
Last edited by Postasu on Jan 16, 2019, 4:14:19 PM
"
CheeQu wrote:
"
GeneralDurph wrote:
I feel as if i dont visually see my triggered frost bolts casting ice nova as theyre zooming across my screen. Any reason why that may be? (Yes gem order is correct)

Ice nova automatocally picks the closest frostbolts to you to cast from, so since you spawn frostolts every like 0.3 seconds, most of the time it looks like ice nova procs on yourself.

Hope I explained it well enough :P

Perfect!

Ty

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info