[3.5] Suck's First Level 100 Winter Orb Elementalist Guide! (BSC) Uber Elder/Atziri

Hey guys, brand new player here. I started with this build 10 days ago. Still learning alot about the game.

My question was, why would we want to keep the cold snap gem at lvl 7? Also why not use a vaal cold snap?

Also, i seem to die alot from righteous fire. I am guessing the fact i leveled that gem too does not help. If i switch back to the right level, will i die less or is it just that i need to change my playstyle around that skill?

Thanks!
hey quick question, do you run 3 auras? (2 heralds + aspect of the spider)

If not, is it worth not running one herald in place of aspect of the spider? I seem to lack the mana to run all 3
"
M0squit0 wrote:
Hey guys, brand new player here. I started with this build 10 days ago. Still learning alot about the game.

My question was, why would we want to keep the cold snap gem at lvl 7? Also why not use a vaal cold snap?

Also, i seem to die alot from righteous fire. I am guessing the fact i leveled that gem too does not help. If i switch back to the right level, will i die less or is it just that i need to change my playstyle around that skill?

Thanks!

Cold snap stays at level 7 because its in a level 1 CWDT setup. If you level it, CWDT wont work. If you level both you require more damage taken for it to trigger.

Are you running regular RF? The vaal RF gem is only meant to be used as a vaal skill, a one time 30% drop, not a consistent drain like normal RF. You use it as a DPS boost on bosses or during encounters.
"
hey quick question, do you run 3 auras? (2 heralds + aspect of the spider)

If not, is it worth not running one herald in place of aspect of the spider? I seem to lack the mana to run all 3

i just did uber elder with "possed foe" prophecy without spider, with these items

so its not mandatory, also i used to run arctic armor, and its not bad either, think this build can even go MoM, but i didnt test it
Hey guys,

Finalized most of the items for now. Had a question regarding the chest Piece links. I see OP posted 3g/2b/1r which is empower level4 . I see most plp going just 4g/2b . Is this just because it saves from spending money on the Empower lv4 or because it trully does more damage? currency isn't an issue so trying to maximize DPS.

Is the added cold damage support more then the Empower Level 4? I just remember reading something about POB saying one thing but confirmed that POB wasn't tracking that correctly.

For the Herald of thunder/herald of ice/summon lightning golem, how big would the difference be from having a Lv 3 to a Lv4 Empower.

Thank guys.
Okay so my character is basically complete. I wasn't happy with the single target (which was actually more than enough) so I decided to try something.

I went the full AoE route and put in conc in the setup.

Here is my final setup:

I swap in Inc duration and GMP for mapping.

Bosses just absolutely melt with this setup. It feels like all the projectiles overlap and shotgun. It's crazy.

Here is my pob: https://pastebin.com/7Vez6vSL if you're interested.

I could definitely get better Abyss Jewels but I think I'm done with this character.

Hope you all have as much fun as I did playing Winter Orb, I can't help but feel it will be nerfed next league. It feels too strong the way it currently is. Many deathless Uber Elders.
FYI if you're trying to pick more DPS up you can play with your gloves on the crafting bench and multi-mod them. Mine add 99% dps with Spiritual Aid on the passive tree.

Looking to sell a full Winter orb gear!!! hit me up ingame @CloudBlaze

Hi Guys, Could you please rate my gear and see if im on the right track?

Lvl 87 at the moment, gone up to T13. Reflect maps smash me and i feel like boss fights are still a lil slow.

"
lolazour wrote:
Hi Guys, Could you please rate my gear and see if im on the right track?

Lvl 87 at the moment, gone up to T13. Reflect maps smash me and i feel like boss fights are still a lil slow.

Off the bat, your two-stone ring needs to be an elder ring, not shaper so you get the massive spell damage from Mark of the Shaper, also needs warlords mark instead of assassins mark. And you should never be running ele reflect maps.

And you crafted elemental attack damage on your belt that does zilch for you. Winter's Orb is not an attack.
Last edited by Esper21 on Jan 10, 2019, 11:04:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info